TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Making a mod list for my wife's Shelby GT

We are going to be taking it to Quantum when my GT500 is finished with it's SS conversion. So far we have made a short list of the mods we are going to have done, but I feel like I am forgetting something. Here is the list so far of what she wants.

Kenne Bell Supercharger with cluster gauges and SC sticker package

it is an auto so for the tranny we are going to put in a shift kit and high stall torq converter

baer brake upgrade front and rear

she is undecided on the wheels, Razors or American Racing Torg- Thrust M are the ones she likes

She has never been to a drag strip and really wants to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was wandering if it is necessary to change the drive shaft?

Not necessary to change the driveshaft, but I am doing it. I am taking my car to Tasca this Saturday for the 550HP Whipple, Shelby Gauges, Brakes, Dynotech Aluminum Drive Shaft, the New Side Stripe, a Dyno Run, and FRPP Blue Cam Covers. They are also doing my Passenger Air-bag recall and filling up my tires with Nitrogen. I think that is it so far.

love the Torq Thrust wheels. I don't know what your going to do with brakes, but from what Bud has told me, only the Razors will work with some of the brake packages. I went and looks at a Terlingua this weekend and I can see why. Some of these brake caliper are huge!

I wish I could put the Torq Thrust on also. You just have to make sure you get the right brakes and the right wheel combination. Other brake systems might work fine with the Torq Thrust.

post-17244-1236615216_thumb.jpg

post-17244-1236615216_thumb.jpg

Archived