TEAM SHELBY FORUM

adding supercharger to SGT?

palacekeeper

Not necessarily. I know that the FRPP Whipple is warrantied, when installed by a dealer.

The S/C'ed guys will be able to answer this in detail.

Ken

Thanks. Just trying to do my homework. I'm considering it as a second toy. You can also get them with a s/c, correct?

Oh...so no GT/SC designation or does that come with the SC job still?

You get the GT/SC if you get your blower installed (post purchase) at SAI or an authorized mod shop.

SAI just never sold an SGT with a blower already installed. If you want more than 500 HP, you'll be hard pressed to keep your warranty.

Ken

You get the GT/SC if you get your blower installed (post purchase) at SAI or an authorized mod shop.

SAI just never sold an SGT with a blower already installed. If you want more than 500 HP, you'll be hard pressed to keep your warranty.

Ken

Clear me up, but I thought if you bought the car and elected for the "Museum Delivery" you could pick it up, new, at Shelby in LV with the SC already installed.

Clear me up, but I thought if you bought the car and elected for the "Museum Delivery" you could pick it up, new, at Shelby in LV with the SC already installed.

That may be true. I'm not familiar with how it works when you buy the car directly from SAI.

I only know what's been shipped out to the dealers.

Ken

That may be true. I'm not familiar with how it works when you buy the car directly from SAI.

I only know what's been shipped out to the dealers.

Ken

You can't buy it directly from SAI. You purchase it at a dealer, but elect for an SAI delivery. It removes the standards that are required for testing on new vehicles and keeps the add on item i.e. superchargers etc. from having to pass the government testing and standards. You pay the dealer for the car and SAI seperately for the mods.

You can't buy it directly from SAI. You purchase it at a dealer, but elect for an SAI delivery. It removes the standards that are required for testing on new vehicles and keeps the add on item i.e. superchargers etc. from having to pass the government testing and standards. You pay the dealer for the car and SAI seperately for the mods.

Weird, I never knew that's what 'museum delivery' meant. I definitely would have considered that at the time I purchased mine, had I known!

Ken

Weird, I never knew that's what 'museum delivery' meant. I definitely would have considered that at the time I purchased mine, had I known!

Ken

I know it was available in 07. I don't know if or when it stopped. I didn't even consider it because of the transportation expenses. You had to get it from SAI. Living on the East Coast, the logistics were not favorable.

Yes this is true. But very few people who bought the 07 Shelbys in the beginning knew about it, unless you were on this forum. It was an extremely long wait and only the Paxton was available. :happy feet: But well worth the wait. The Whipple didn't become available until late spring of '07. Less than 100 cars left the factory originally with the S/C insignia. The purchaser had to notify Shelby so the car could be flagged for the S/C or any other upgrades. You then had to purchase the car before the upgrades could be put on. You could elect to have the museum delivery or opt for the home delivery. We opted for the home delivery. It's pretty cool when they bring the car to your front door. From the time we ordered it in Nov of '06 to delivery to our front door in July of '07, it was 8 months. Believe or not, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

In the beginning the '08's could not get the carb certification. The KB blower was the first one to pass the '08 standards then the Whipple. The Paxton still hasn't been able to pass the carb cert., so Shelby can't use it.

I don't think there is any HP restrictions to the warranty. My Kenne Bell was installed by SAI in September of 08. It's a Stage One with a 6 7/8 inch 6 rib pully and puts out 11-11.5 lb. of boost. (565 hp). When I confirmed my extended warranty (7/100,000)would be valid with the mods made at SAI. The only question Ford had was were the parts purchased at, and installed by SAI.

Others have had different results when talking to Ford.

GOOD LUCK

I don't think there is any HP restrictions to the warranty. My Kenne Bell was installed by SAI in September of 08. It's a Stage One with a 6 7/8 inch 6 rib pully and puts out 11-11.5 lb. of boost. (565 hp). When I confirmed my extended warranty (7/100,000)would be valid with the mods made at SAI. The only question Ford had was were the parts purchased at, and installed by SAI.

Others have had different results when talking to Ford.

GOOD LUCK

I think it will depend on the dealer...

Archived