TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Abu Dhabi

Not now but in the past. Great city! Hotels have the best food/beer/expatriots. If you can hook up with the Americans that are in the compound do so, they will know what, when and where. There are several tourist things to do if you have the time and are inclined. Camels are like cows are to us. They have farms to raise them for food, racing and pack animals, very interesting. And do go to the camel races, what a good time! If you have cash get to the gold suek (sp), basicly the gold is sold by the ounce and the art work is free.

So far i love this place! What a mix of everything. and if nothing else its worth coming here just to see the cars driving around. Ive seen a few Maserati's, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Mercedes SLR's and of course a bunch of Porches, and one Bentley. So far no Shelby's seen a few regular GTs but thats it for Mustangs. Ill keep my eye out though.

So far i love this place! What a mix of everything. and if nothing else its worth coming here just to see the cars driving around. Ive seen a few Maserati's, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Mercedes SLR's and of course a bunch of Porches, and one Bentley. So far no Shelby's seen a few regular GTs but thats it for Mustangs. Ill keep my eye out though.

I heard the construction boom there is finally waining...

but there are cranes erected all over town.......

whats the scoop?

I heard the construction boom there is finally waining...

but there are cranes erected all over town.......

whats the scoop?

I dont know about waining, damn near every highrise has cranes perched on the top, they dont look finished missing windows, and still have the scaffolding up. Almost all the highways are under construction. Right next to my hotel they are putting up some crazy building it looks like a giant coin set on its side, its all windows, pretty cool. Quite the engineering task.

I dont know about waining, damn near every highrise has cranes perched on the top, they dont look finished missing windows, and still have the scaffolding up. Almost all the highways are under construction. Right next to my hotel they are putting up some crazy building it looks like a giant coin set on its side, its all windows, pretty cool. Quite the engineering task.

Interesting.

I love to see some pics of that......

Archived