TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to get SGT 1291 convertible tommorrow

russell 06H304

I made a deal with a Ford dealership in Knoxville Tenn. for SGT 1291. I've been looking to make a deal on a Hertz vert or a SGT vert for a few weeks, all the other dealers I contacted either stalled or thought there cars where worth alot more than I was willing to pay. I just happened to call this dealership at 4:30 on Friday and worked a deal in 15 minutes. I'm really excited to make this Shelby my own. I also own a 2006 Hertz coupe and plan to keep it 100% stock, just as one would have been rented. I really want to save my money to have it converted to a s/c. These cars are super cool and hopfully the weather will let met put the top down on my drive back to Powhatan Va.

I made a deal with a Ford dealership in Knoxville Tenn. for SGT 1291. I've been looking to make a deal on a Hertz vert or a SGT vert for a few weeks, all the other dealers I contacted either stalled or thought there cars where worth alot more than I was willing to pay. I just happened to call this dealership at 4:30 on Friday and worked a deal in 15 minutes. I'm really excited to make this Shelby my own. I also own a 2006 Hertz coupe and plan to keep it 100% stock, just as one would have been rented. I really want to save my money to have it converted to a s/c. These cars are super cool and hopfully the weather will let met put the top down on my drive back to Powhatan Va.

Congrats! Post some pics of your cars, when you can.

Ken

Well my 14 hour journey is over, I left my house at 3am sat and arrived in Knoxville Tenn at 9am. I bought SGT 1291 from Lance Cunningham Ford. The salesman was great, he had the car ready when I arrived, I signed all the paper work and was back on the road in 30 minutes, by 11am I had the top down and blasting the Sirus sat radio driving back up I-81, I stopped one of many times to look at my new Shelby and had other people taking pictures of it. The best part of my trip was crossing the mtns on U.S. Rt 60, it was a two lane switch back road about 10-15 miles worth. The Shelby handled awsome, I've never driven such a perfectly balanced car that just felt completly stuck to the road. I put more miles on the SGT in one day than I have driven my H car in over a year of owning it.

post-13305-1236517244_thumb.jpg

post-13305-1236517266_thumb.jpg

post-13305-1236517244_thumb.jpg

post-13305-1236517266_thumb.jpg

Archived