TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby center gauge cluster

Has anyone installed this gauge cluster themselves, especially those with NA SGT's?

If so, how difficult is the install? Any DIY's out there that I'm not finding?

I really like the look of the gauges and just realized that SPP offers a center cluster kit without the boost gauge.

Any info is much appreciated. :)

Ken

EDIT: Did the Nor-Cal cars come with this cluster or am I remembering incorrectly?

100944.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, the Shelby gauge module and gauges are VERY expensive....I've been thinking about the Auto Meter triple gauge cluster...don't know what size gauges it takes yet, have sent them an email, but it angles the gauges toward the driver just a little bit too and the price is not too bad either.

Auto Meter Triple Gauge Cluster

Has anyone installed this gauge cluster themselves, especially those with NA SGT's?

I really like the look of the gauges and just realized that SPP offers a center cluster kit without the boost gauge.

Ken

EDIT: Did the Nor-Cal cars come with this cluster or am I remembering incorrectly?

100944.jpg

I installed mine about a year ago and it was by far the best mod I've done. The instructions are excellent and the only thing difficult for me was lying on my back with my head under the dash to run the wiring. It not only looks great while you're sitting in the car, it is easily visible by other cars on either side of you and and from behind. It really looks cool. The oil temp gauge doesn't move much in the winter and doesn't get beyond 185 or so in the summer. However, I've read that those with the boost gauge don't see any movement either except at wide open throttle. But don't let that stop you from getting it. It is a really cool mod.

I installed mine about a year ago and it was by far the best mod I've done. The instructions are excellent and the only thing difficult for me was lying on my back with my head under the dash to run the wiring. It not only looks great while you're sitting in the car, it is easily visible by other cars on either side of you and and from behind. It really looks cool. The oil temp gauge doesn't move much in the winter and doesn't get beyond 185 or so in the summer. However, I've read that those with the boost gauge don't see any movement either except at wide open throttle. But don't let that stop you from getting it. It is a really cool mod.

do the Shelby gauges light up?

in color?

They light up. They also come with red and green bulb "filters" (covers) but I left them off and just have the white background light.

I plan on finding some blue bulbs for mine when I finally decide to pull the trigger on this one...I set the My Color to Blue for everything anyway...Even installed some Blue LED's in the Overhead Console...The look pretty cool too!

I plan on finding some blue bulbs for mine when I finally decide to pull the trigger on this one...I set the My Color to Blue for everything anyway...Even installed some Blue LED's in the Overhead Console...The look pretty cool too!

I'll do the same. I never change my colors from blue anyway.

I don't think that they're too awfully expensive. The full kit, cluster and gauges for $500.

I'm going to get these coming asap. I'll post pics of the install, once they arrive. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ken

Does anyone have a link to the autometer setup? I'm not having any luck online.

Ken

EDIT: I found the gauge pod itself http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto%20Meter/105/10050/10002/-1?CT=999. Can you buy the Shelby gauges separately from anyone but SPP? I'm just trying to price check SPP I guess. The Autometer pod is almost 1/2 the price of the pod from SPP (with no gauges).

Does anyone have a link to the autometer setup? I'm not having any luck online.

Ken

EDIT: I found the gauge pod itself http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto%20Meter/105/10050/10002/-1?CT=999. Can you buy the Shelby gauges separately from anyone but SPP? I'm just trying to price check SPP I guess. The Autometer pod is almost 1/2 the price of the pod from SPP (with no gauges).

Ken, the Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges appear to be what the Shelby Gauges are, but they just happen to have the Carroll Shelby Signature on them...might be able to contact someone from Autometer to see about landing a set from them...but from what I've seen on the web site, they are the most expensive part of the pod setup...

Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges

Ken, the Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges appear to be what the Shelby Gauges are, but they just happen to have the Carroll Shelby Signature on them...might be able to contact someone from Autometer to see about landing a set from them...but from what I've seen on the web site, they are the most expensive part of the pod setup...

Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges

Ouch, yeah they ARE the expensive part. Nearly $200 a piece through Summit (without the sig). I guess the SPP setup is the way to go for me.

Ken

Ken

Yes. Our Nor Cal cars DID come with the center gage cluster. It has Oil Temp, Oil Press and Fuel Press.

Mine didn't come with the color filters that some others have mentioned. The lights are just the white and don't change with MyColor settings.

I hope that helps and good luck!!

I am going with the Shelby Gauges, I wish they were angled toward the driver, but oh well. I am going to try to make them green, that is waht I usually keep my My Color on due to matching the radio.

I have seen some of the Shelby ones that do not seem to fit like a glove, I am hoping that is not the case and that is an install error.

I am going with the Shelby Gauges, I wish they were angled toward the driver, but oh well. I am going to try to make them green, that is waht I usually keep my My Color on due to matching the radio.

I have seen some of the Shelby ones that do not seem to fit like a glove, I am hoping that is not the case and that is an install error.

I am very happy I did not go with the Shelby package. The ones we saw at tasca did not sit completely flush. For my 3rd gauge I just special ordered a part-- wait till you see it next week. It is going to be sweet.

I am very happy I did not go with the Shelby package. The ones we saw at tasca did not sit completely flush. For my 3rd gauge I just special ordered a part-- wait till you see it next week. It is going to be sweet.

That is what I have seen, I am very anal and I think this would bother me. Did Tasca have your in stock or did you order them? I wanted to go all Shelby, but am now having second thoughts.

That is what I have seen, I am very anal and I think this would bother me. Did Tasca have your in stock or did you order them? I wanted to go all Shelby, but am now having second thoughts.

SOS pillar only takes two days to get if they don't have one in stock at tasca and the Ford gauges they had.

Go to SPeed of sound website and look at their dash setup too

This is true, but the Shelby gauge pod is the only one I liked the looks of.

If you are looking for color, the Shelby Gauges have white bulbs. Autometer does make colored LED bulbs. Simple plug and play. Not cheap but you will get color choices. You should be able to find them wherever the gauges are sold.

Autometer cobalts are 2 1/8", I think the Shelby gauges are bigger.

SPP gauges are 2 5/8"

I was looking in the 2008 Winter book and the "Oil Manifold Adapter" was $59.95, on line tonight thet are $119.95!!!!!!!!!!

WOW this is some increase

Total POD is over $715 thats a lot of money

I think when the time comes I will go with the Auto Meter Triple Dash Pod kit (2 1/16" dia.) from Jegs-$225.95!!!!!! plus adapter

Im waiting for someone or myself to install one of these in the pod housing easily installed plug and play. looks like it will do tons and tons of stuff

http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html

This sounds similar to my SCT Livewire, but it doesn't have the ability to act as tuner/programmer like the Livewire.

On a side note, I just ordered up the Shelby gauge cluster (with gauges). I'll post photos of the install, once it arrives.

Ken

I went with the Shelby Gauges as well, I hope they sit right on the dash. I have seen some fit like a glove and others not so much. That leads me to believe it is in the install. Time will tell.

Car gets Dropped off at Tasca this Saturday, then I head to Vegas for the week and come back to my New Ride

Funny I am going to Vegas on a business trip the week my car is getting done at Tasca.

Can not wait...........

I went with the Shelby Gauges as well, I hope they sit right on the dash. I have seen some fit like a glove and others not so much. That leads me to believe it is in the install. Time will tell.

Car gets Dropped off at Tasca this Saturday, then I head to Vegas for the week and come back to my New Ride

Funny I am going to Vegas on a business trip the week my car is getting done at Tasca.

Can not wait...........

Ok so lay it all on the line in one post what you decided to go with.... :drool:

I had SAI install the gauges on 1638 at the Mod Shop before taking delivery.

The bulbs are white but do come with red or green rubber covers/filters. They do not change with the MyColor dash lighting. However, you can buy colored bulbs at NAPA very cheaply to match your MyColor preference.

The gauges do appear to be the Autometer carbon fiber gauges with CS signature on them, so you could come pretty close to replcating the SAI guages via just Autometer, but no CS signature that way.

I think this thread had been discussed before on here in the distant past :-)

Todd

CSM1638

Here's the email I just got from SPP :unsure:

"Hello Ken,

My shipping department just informed me that the fuel gauges we have are bad, I guess they aren’t reading the return signals from the sending unit and it was confirmed by Autometer. If you want I can get the carbon lip out and keep those on backorder, just let me know.

Enrique J. Trinidad

Shelby Performance Parts"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived