TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Small Bullitt Update

robertlane

Our Bullitt interview has been pushed back indefinately. Ford doesn't want to put the horse in front of the cart, so to speak. They, along with Shelby want to get the 2007 Shelby GT launched first.

I view this as positive news from Ford. . .one pony at a time was the way it was told to me. :)

So what do we know yet, if anything about the new Bullitt? I appologize if this had been answered somewhere else in another thread. I am still trying to decide on going for the gusto with a '08 GT500 next year, or just settling for a '07 GT, and modding it to add some speed. But, if they come out with a real SE (not Shelby or the California body kit) I might consider it also. I am not liking the looks of the Shelby GT. I like the GT500 of course, just not the baby brother.

Rob, Ford's communication to us dealer types is 8,750 GT/CS's for 2007 only. However, we can order them freely (no allocation restrictions like the Shelby), so I believe the 8,750 was just a guess on demand from Ford. We've already received over a dozen GT/CS's at our dealership. Granted, we are a larger volume Mustang/SVT dealership, but we only got 5 GT500's and Ford is supposedly making about 9,000 of those for the USA for 2007. We've had two people on our GT500 list that I know of (one of which is a member on these forums) defect from our GT500 list and buy a GT/CS from us instead of waiting for the Shelby. We've had several more defect from the GT500 list and buy a 2006-7 Mustang GT instead (add one more if you count me). We've also had about a half dozen people on our GT500 list buy other types of vehicles from us, too, such as trucks, SUV's, or used cars for the kids, etc. So, in that respect, the GT500 is a great halo car for selling other vehicles and performance models like the GT, GT/CS, and upcoming Bullitt.

Thanks Five Oh B,

I know that the GT/CS is just appearence foo foo. It is a very cool looking GT to me and my wife. It is nice to know that the factory is only making them one year only. This makes this car somewhat unique. I know that you can by parts and make a clone, but stuff original from the factory is importand to me and many others. My window sticker proves this !

Thanks Five Oh B,

I know that the GT/CS is just appearence foo foo. It is a very cool looking GT to me and my wife. It is nice to know that the factory is only making them one year only. This makes this car somewhat unique. I know that you can by parts and make a clone, but stuff original from the factory is importand to me and many others. My window sticker proves this !

Yes, the GT/CS is just a cosmetic upgrade, but a very good one. Same formula Ford used in 1968 for the original GT/CS. Shelby looks and style at a GT price. Ford has made quite a few cool "feature" models over the years (1990 7-Up cars, Sprint Packages, etc.

Before my 2003 Mach 1, I owned a 2000 Mustang GT "Spring Feature" coupe. This, too, was just a cosmetic package on GT coupes and convertibles. Ford planned on offering 6,500, but did not advertise or promote this, plus few dealers knew it existed (came out in January 2000 half way into the model year), so few were ordered. 3,901 to be exact. It was the only way to get Zinc Yellow on a 2000 Mustang (just 917 yellow Mustangs were made in 2000 - all Spring Feature GT's). It was also the only way to get the hood and side scoops on a factory Mustang in 2000. These scoops would become standard on 2001 GT's, and Zinc Yellow became a regular color option on all Mustangs for 2001. Mine was a silver 5-speed coupe with dark charcoal interior. The Spring Feature GT's also included black rear bumper lettering, bold twin black hood stripes flanking the scoop with "GT" cut out of each side to show the paint color through the stripe, and unique machined 17 x 8 wheels that were never again used on any other Mustang offering (they were similar to those used on the 4,628 35th Anniversary GT's built in 1999, but fully machined).

I'm glad they are sticking to a plan, and not just throwing stuff out there.

So what is the plan, the car has been out for 3 model years now, and no "real" SE like the mach or bullitt, I am disappointed. I guess this is part of the "bold moves" plan, to keep everyone hanging and see if people don't switch to other performance manufacturers. Time will tell, I have a purchase planned, just cannot decide if I should wait for the camero, go for '08 GT500, or just get a regular GT and mod it. Or go for a luxury sedan since I don't really need a fast car as long as I keep my motorcycle????? Choices, Choices,,,,Later. :hyper:

post-2895-1163254655_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163254666_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163254687_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163254655_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163254666_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163254687_thumb.jpg

So what is the plan, the car has been out for 3 model years now, and no "real" SE like the mach or bullitt, I am disappointed. I guess this is part of the "bold moves" plan, to keep everyone hanging and see if people don't switch to other performance manufacturers. Time will tell, I have a purchase planned, just cannot decide if I should wait for the camero, go for '08 GT500, or just get a regular GT and mod it. Or go for a luxury sedan since I don't really need a fast car as long as I keep my motorcycle????? Choices, Choices,,,,Later. :hyper:

Let Melissa make that decision for you. :drop:

Archived