TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Invoice Price?

can anyone give me an approximate invoice price on a 2008 and 2009 convertible? doesn't need to be exact, just curious as to what ballpark invoice on a convertible is. there is a local dealer in Atlanta who has a 2008 and 2009 on their lot that they are "aggressively" pricing (his words, not mine). he's still looking for only a few thousand below MSRP which seems nuts. I know Ford is offering $3000 incentive on the 08s so I was curious what invoice was as I've seen other dealers here on the forum offering current stock at invoice. I am content to wait for a 2010 but if I'd like to see how "aggressive" this dealer can be. thanks.

Good luck at that price. Not sure where they got that from.

From the sticker. My sticker was 47. U take the admin and tax title liscensing and u r at about 55-60 wich is where most of us who bought them early were at. Now u can get them for the 47 if not lower like 45 or 42. As michael moris on here. U can be sure he will get u a deal and he is in the atlanta area.

From the sticker. My sticker was 47. U take the admin and tax title liscensing and u r at about 55-60 wich is where most of us who bought them early were at. Now u can get them for the 47 if not lower like 45 or 42. As michael moris on here. U can be sure he will get u a deal and he is in the atlanta area.

my preference is to buy a 2010 from MM in a few months but I happened to stumble across this dealer today and he is 3 miles from my home so I thought it would be interesting to push and see how badly he want's to sell the ones he has in his showroom. if I can get a real deal, I'd do it instead of waiting for the 2010

Yours is a COUPE we are talking VERT

Just checked edmunds and on a 2009 vert invoice on a base model is 43,166. I have used that site before when buying new cars and they are always very very close to being right.

I bought my 2008 Vert in December. I bought it for 81.00 over invoice. I paid 47,500 and the dealer showed me the invoice which was just under 47,500. You should be able to get a car right at invoice no problem now, especially if it is an 08 or 09 and they are making room for the redesigned 40 more horsepower 2010.

my preference is to buy a 2010 from MM in a few months but I happened to stumble across this dealer today and he is 3 miles from my home so I thought it would be interesting to push and see how badly he want's to sell the ones he has in his showroom. if I can get a real deal, I'd do it instead of waiting for the 2010

Give me the VIN # and I'll look up the actual invoice amount for you.

Good luck at that price. Not sure where they got that from.

$45,261 is in fact the invoice price of an '09 GT500 Convertible including Gas Guzzler and Dest. These #s are readily available on numerous internet sites and not a secret.

The invoice on a base '08 GT500 Vert. is $44,633. A 3K incentive would put the selling price of that car in the very low 40's. Understand that an '08 is essentially a 2 year old car at this point

Give me the VIN # and I'll look up the actual invoice amount for you.

cool, let me know what you find out. the dealer is asking for $49,144.00 for the 2008 and $51,970.00 for the 2009. I emailed him to ask about the clutch drag and synchro rebuild TSBs and he said the 2008 had the clutch drag issue repaired but that the tranny synchro was only on the 4.6 liter engine???

1zvht89s085169248

1zvht89s695129760

$45,261 is in fact the invoice price of an '09 GT500 Convertible including Gas Guzzler and Dest. These #s are readily available on numerous internet sites and not a secret.

The invoice on a base '08 GT500 Vert. is $44,633. A 3K incentive would put the selling price of that car in the very low 40's. Understand that an '08 is essentially a 2 year old car at this point

Looks pretty close to what i quoted. I know mines a coupe. Add two grand u got a vert. All im sayin....

The dealer called me last night and said he'd take $1k over invoice price which put the 08 at approx $47k after tax, title, etc. As much as I want to wait for a 2010, this is a pretty tempting deal, almost $10g less than what I'd pay for a 2010.

he said they already did the clutch TSB repair on it as well which is good. I'm going to check it out this weekend

The dealer called me last night and said he'd take $1k over invoice price which put the 08 at approx $47k after tax, title, etc. As much as I want to wait for a 2010, this is a pretty tempting deal, almost $10g less than what I'd pay for a 2010.

he said they already did the clutch TSB repair on it as well which is good. I'm going to check it out this weekend

Don't pay anything over invoice....also, make sure you get any and all incentives that are supposed to be coming your way. Ask to see the actual invoice, and also a VINCENT statement for your vin and location. Just free advice from someone who used to be in the business.....

Don't pay anything over invoice....also, make sure you get any and all incentives that are supposed to be coming your way. Ask to see the actual invoice, and also a VINCENT statement for your vin and location. Just free advice from someone who used to be in the business.....

you're right, I asked the dealer to email me the $1000 over invoice deal we spoke about and he messed around with the numbers to his advantage...$600 documentaiton fee?

Vehicle: 2008 FORD MUSTANG T89 2dr Conv Shelby GT500

Stock #: 85169248

VIN: 1ZVHT89S085169248

Miles: 10

PURCHASE OPTION

Vehicle Price: $51,945.00

Theft Protection Package 2500: + $199.00

Preferred Customer Discount: - $3,549.02

Selling Price: $48,594.98

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,951.63

Title Fee: + $18.00

MVWR: + $3.00

Documentation Fee: + $598.89

Balance Due (estimate): $52,166.50

Tell him thanks, but when you want to get screwed, you ask your wife/girlfriend for it. The guy is LIAR.

That's for sure. They are using the 3K factory money and essentially offering you the car at full retail which is absolutely ridiculous considering that it is an '08. Probably explains why they are still trying to sell a 2 year old "new" car. Tell them to keep looking for a fool.

you're right, I asked the dealer to email me the $1000 over invoice deal we spoke about and he messed around with the numbers to his advantage...$600 documentaiton fee?

Vehicle: 2008 FORD MUSTANG T89 2dr Conv Shelby GT500

Stock #: 85169248

VIN: 1ZVHT89S085169248

Miles: 10

PURCHASE OPTION

Vehicle Price: $51,945.00

Theft Protection Package 2500: + $199.00

Preferred Customer Discount: - $3,549.02

Selling Price: $48,594.98

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,951.63

Title Fee: + $18.00

MVWR: + $3.00

Documentation Fee: + $598.89

Balance Due (estimate): $52,166.50

You're getting duped. Don't deal with this salesperson again.....Speak with a manager or another dealer at this point. First, the "Theft Protection" is a stupid stystem they installed themselves....its an aftermarket system which probably makes their finance department another 100+ bucks. Second, as another member said, there IS some sort of rebate out there and it looks like the included it in your "discount" That money is yours not theirs....how much of it will be displayed on the actual VINCENT statement I told you about. The Doc Fees vary by state, but $598 is ridiculous. In California the MAX Doc fee by law is $45...so take that however you like.

Bottom line is, ask for the invoice....THAT should be the actual SALE PRICE of the car on the contract.....Next comes Tax, license and a MORE reasonable DOC fee.....You then get a total and subtract the FACTORY CUSTOMER CASH from that.....That is the bottom line....the fact that he would even use the word "estimate" is bull.....

I'd get in touch with another one of our members that is still in the business...they too should be able to help you. This guy is pulling out some very old, and not so honest, tricks of a car dealership.

Brian

That's for sure. They are using the 3K factory money and essentially offering you the car at full retail which is absolutely ridiculous considering that it is an '08. Probably explains why they are still trying to sell a 2 year old "new" car. Tell them to keep looking for a fool.

I hear that, I'm shocked he would play these types of games...with a 2008 and the state of Ford these days! I'm happy to wait for a 2010 now...and not from these guys

Archived