TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Big Bend Open Road Race April 22-25

SPRSNK

51 days to go!

After the race I'm heading down to Terlingua for a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to cancel the race because I did not have the parts required from the damage done to my car while in the shop having the GR40RT & GR 4on4 brake system installed. Impossible to race a car with screw in the tire (from the mod shop) and having 2 DAMAGED Jongblood wheels from the same mod shops carelessness. The same mod shop still hasn't paid for the new tire.

I am attending Silver State in a few weeks.

How was the race?

I saw this article on Yahoo about it... http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=A...p&type=lgns

Looks like a great time!

Thanks for posting the link I just read the article. I wish I could have been there, I wonder how many rock chips everybody is bringing home.

I had to cancel the race because I did not have the parts required from the damage done to my car while in the shop having the GR40RT & GR 4on4 brake system installed. Impossible to race a car with screw in the tire (from the mod shop) and having 2 DAMAGED Jongblood wheels from the same mod shops carelessness. The same mod shop still hasn't paid for the new tire.

That sucks!

Which mod shop? Was it one of the Griggs dealers in Texas? I will most likely go with Griggs for my car later this year. Just the GR40SS since all I am looking for is overall better handling, not racing. But I want to make sure it is done right and they take excellent care of the car.

Thanks!

Archived