TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The supersnake94 post

Sorry SS94, I was just having fun. :D

BTW, I didn't know I was not contributing to the corruption of young and impressionable mind when I related those stories.

It was for fun, I wanted to see how crazy high school students back in your time were compaired to the teens my age how immature people are. Your stories of minor offences part of the time, don't worry about it we can still be friends right?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes sir. :salute: I don't have plans on speeding when I can drive and until I more experienced. :shift:

My son is 17, getting his license soon, I am taking him with me to a PERFORMANCE Driving school sponsored by the Porsche club. I want him to learn to do it the right way.

On a track, with a helmut, in safe conditions, etc.

I want to make this something we can share together,

but also warned him, if he gets a ticket for speeding or any other driving shananigans....

then all bets are off.

Hopefully these kind of opportunites will be incentive enough to keep him

from being foolish on public roads.

Sounds like you have your stuff together Dan,

stay smart on the road.

My son is 17, getting his license soon, I am taking him with me to a PERFORMANCE Driving school sponsored by the Porsche club. I want him to learn to do it the right way.

On a track, with a helmut, in safe conditions, etc.

I want to make this something we can share together,

but also warned him, if he gets a ticket for speeding or any other driving shananigans....

then all bets are off.

Hopefully these kind of opportunites will be incentive enough to keep him

from being foolish on public roads.

Sounds like you have your stuff together Dan,

stay smart on the road.

I will, but I have time to think about that remember. Lets hope he doesn't get a ticket! :hysterical:

I so also want to go to those driving experience classes as well :shift: But I'm 14 and I have to wait until I'm older. I have time to think about that. :headscratch: and it's also worth the wait. :waiting:

I will, but I have time to think about that remember. Lets hope he doesn't get a ticket! :hysterical:

I so also want to go to those driving experience classes as well :shift: But I'm 14 and I have to wait until I'm older. I have time to think about that. :headscratch: and it's also worth the wait. :waiting:

sorry, thought you were 16 and closer to license age.

How did you find this site?

Any Shelbys in the family?

I remember how I was at your age, all I could think about was driving.

My first car was a 64 Beetle, I was 17.

At 21, I bought a used 1978 280Z....

You'll get there, just keep working hard in school and good things will happen for you!

Hey Dan

Does either of your parents have a Sports Car?

What made you become a Shelby Fan like the rest of us? Did you see one on the road or at a Show?

When I was 14 I was like the biggest HELL raiser in school. When I was 14 I thought I was 21

I kind of wish I didn't grow up so fast. It would have been nice to hold onto my youth instead of wanting to be an adult.

When I was 14 I got my first car (1976 Firebird) and drove everywhere with no licence(THANKS MOM FOR ALWAYS LETTING ME GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING), I would pick up chics every weekend and cruize the country, at the time I thought I was a rock star and I sure partied like a rock star....All I can say now; is I have a 3 year old daughter and if she does anything that I did in my teens she will get her butt kicked and will be grounded until she is 21

I do want to say its very good that you are growing up at the right pace and thats how it should be.... It sounds like you have great parents.

sorry, thought you were 16 and closer to license age.

How did you find this site?

Any Shelbys in the family?

I remember how I was at your age, all I could think about was driving.

My first car was a 64 Beetle, I was 17.

At 21, I bought a used 1978 280Z....

You'll get there, just keep working hard in school and good things will happen for you!

Cool! my dad used to own a beetle. I's okay about the age mishap, I f you forget my age, check my profile and it should help. I was a huge Shelby fan and I was always going on google looking up GT500s and I always kept running into this site. So then I thought "heh why not join and talk to people with the same intrest," So I signed up with the help of dad and TA-DA! I became a member, I joined around November- December of 2008. Nobody in the famly owns a Shelby, HOWEVER, my dad used to work at Crown Ford and they had a Black GT500. He had to move the car and my family was with him while he moved it. I saw with him in the car when he did it and it made an amazing noise. I was 13 when he did it and it was a couple of years ago. I dream of owning one someday like Shelbylvr (no offence :hysterical: ).

Hey Dan

Does either of your parents have a Sports Car?

What made you become a Shelby Fan like the rest of us? Did you see one on the road or at a Show?

When I was 14 I was like the biggest HELL raiser in school. When I was 14 I thought I was 21

I kind of wish I didn't grow up so fast. It would have been nice to hold onto my youth instead of wanting to be an adult.

When I was 14 I got my first car (1976 Firebird) and drove everywhere with no licence(THANKS MOM FOR ALWAYS LETTING ME GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING), I would pick up chics every weekend and cruize the country, at the time I thought I was a rock star and I sure partied like a rock star....All I can say now; is I have a 3 year old daughter and if she does anything that I did in my teens she will get her butt kicked and will be grounded until she is 21

I do want to say its very good that you are growing up at the right pace and thats how it should be.... It sounds like you have great parents.

Thanks for the last sentence about growing up, I really appreciate it a whole lot. I replied in the forum to wicked about my story of becoming a TS member. 14 when you got a car, That was a long time ago when you can be 15 and drive. About your daughter doing it, don't give her the keys until she gets older. My mom used to own a white firebird, but it had a transmission problem and she was also pregnant with me when she got it. She was forced to sell it because she couldn't fit behind the wheel. :hysterical: (no offence mom) I want to pick up girls when I get my car, but it would be for dating or a need of a lift to school. Thanks for asking

What a thread. I get to respond to questions from other team shelby members. It's sort of like a press conferance, It couldn't get any better. :happy feet:

You're right, Dan. Great thread. :happy feet:

See you're quite mature for someone with 14. My son is 13 and all he thinks of is playing. And I'm happy he does it that way.

Cars? Not into it. More rockets and stuff like that.

He's doing good at school, though. His mom doesn't give him a break, so when he spends time with me party there is.

So don't be in a rush to grow up. let everything come natural.

Anyway, I bet you won't get in trouble when you start driving.

Take care. :rockon:

What a thread. I get to respond to questions from other team shelby members. It's sort of like a press conferance, It couldn't get any better. :happy feet:

But you can't respond between the hours of 8-3..... :club:

:hysterical::hysterical:

:lurk:

he better have homework or Im calling the school!

:hysterical2:

maybe that's why he's not posting yet or maybe he had detention..... :headscratch:

:lurk:

Listen to us we sound like his parents...... :hysterical::hysterical: and he can't get away with anything not as along as we have a couple of teenagers to deal with ourselves.... ;)

Archived