TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer Pro Plus brake kit

Im looking around but dont see anyone that put these on their GT500 was wondering who has this kit its not the extreme kit its the 1800 dollar one. I was thinking of upgrading my brakes with this kit and wondering how it looks and if its worth it.

I would not think it would be any better than your Brembos. Your Brembos are 4 pots, right?

Jim

Yes its 4 piston I didnt want to change the calipers I really wanted to change the cheap rotors but there are no 2 piece slotted drilled sets for my car only for the rear. I honestly dont want to do things half way.

Yes its 4 piston I didnt want to change the calipers I really wanted to change the cheap rotors but there are no 2 piece slotted drilled sets for my car only for the rear. I honestly dont want to do things half way.

I think i have seen a kit for the front for rotors only out there somewhere.....cant remember where though....

the Shelby/Baer Pro Plus is a 6 piston set up, rear kit coming soon.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...e%20System.aspx

The Baer 6 pot set up for the front is a good product. The "coming soon" from Shelby Performance Products is the longest running joke on this Forum. Simply put, I got tired of waiting for a complete brake kit that would stop our cars all day long under any conditions and got the AP Racing set up. It works. If and when Shelby ever gets a front/rear kit produced that was designed and engineered to work as a complete set up, I am sure it will be a good one. Until then . . . .

Jim

Baer makes a rotor upgrade for the GT500 rear brakes.

From the website:

[2262019] $750.00

To complement the front brake system we offer an EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO™ rotor upgrade for the rear of the vehicle, this upgrade includes:

Cross-drilled, slotted and zinc-washed 2 piece, 14" diameter rotors

Unique anchor hardware designed to relocate the factory caliper

They also have a 2 piece rotor upgrade for the fronts.

From the website:

[2262019] $750.00

To complement the front brake system we offer an EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO™ rotor upgrade for the rear of the vehicle, this upgrade includes:

Thats what ive been looking for but alot of shops say they have not made a 2 piece front rotor for our cars yet to be able to use the brembo caliper.

Thats what ive been looking for but alot of shops say they have not made a 2 piece front rotor for our cars yet to be able to use the brembo caliper.

I contacted Baer technical assistance in Dec 2008, and they said they did not offer 2-piece rotors for the GT500 front calipers. If enough people inquire, they might step up.

http://www.baer.com/corporate/contact/index.php

From the website:

[2262019] $750.00

I just did the Baer rear upgrade. You can get them cheaper from Lethal Performance. See pics.

post-19964-1236546774_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236546795_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236546774_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236546795_thumb.jpg

From the website:

[2262019] $750.00

After reading this I called Baer last6 Friday and was told that nothing was offered for the front.

Sounds like you work at Baer, so please post fron and rear part numbers so that I may order. You may as well post pricing.

The Baer 6 pot set up for the front is a good product. The "coming soon" from Shelby Performance Products is the longest running joke on this Forum. Simply put, I got tired of waiting for a complete brake kit that would stop our cars all day long under any conditions and got the AP Racing set up. It works. If and when Shelby ever gets a front/rear kit produced that was designed and engineered to work as a complete set up, I am sure it will be a good one. Until then . . . .

Jim

did you get a full kit, front an rear 6 piston kit and is the rear a 14inch. and how much did it cost

After reading this I called Baer last6 Friday and was told that nothing was offered for the front.

Sounds like you work at Baer, so please post fron and rear part numbers so that I may order. You may as well post pricing.

I wish, then maybe I'd get a discount. BTW RIF As stated in my post, the quote was from the Baer website, and the price is stated within the quote - $750 (rear). As someone noted above, you could probably get a better price.

But, it looks like you need to buy the calipers in order to get 2 piece rotors for the front - no thanks at $3100.

Archived