TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many 40ths have been completed?

It's been quite awhile since this package was introduced. Does anyone know how many have been completed, and better yet, how many with the various SAI options installed.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been quite awhile since this package was introduced. Does anyone know how many have been completed, and better yet, how many with the various SAI options installed.

Bud knows, but he'd have to kill you if he told you. Top secret.

Thats funny! :hysterical: However I'm not sure that I understand the shroud of secrecy surrounding the completed units. :headscratch: How about for rough numbers sake, all of us TS members post our XL CSM numbers, and if anyone wants, list the equipment installed by SAI and where your from. I'm just curious.

Here's mine; XL0253, 725 HP, un-polished SC, blue extreme brakes, short throw shifter, gun metal wheels. Albuquerque, NM.

Thats funny! :hysterical: However I'm not sure that I understand the shroud of secrecy surrounding the completed units. :headscratch: How about for rough numbers sake, all of us TS members post our XL CSM numbers, and if anyone wants, list the equipment installed by SAI and where your from. I'm just curious.

Here's mine; XL0253, 725 HP, un-polished SC, blue extreme brakes, short throw shifter, gun metal wheels. Albuquerque, NM.

Are you happy with the 725 hp upgrade? How does it drive on the street?

I'd like to know as well. They said a limit of 500 and for 2007 only. Though we also heard the GT500 was to be for 2 years only. And there was this little mistake of a 2008 40th that turned up. I think we heard that would be changed to a SS, but I never did hear an update on that one. SAI and Ford need to keep producing, but do they need to break promises?

I canceled mine. I got a Kenne Bell 2.8H for 4Kwich I installed my self. I also have headers moroso tanks etc. Theses are the major pieces obviously I have CR HE by Van and lots of other mods. The only thing left is I need to come up with 6k for my Griggs suspension. That will be once I start working again

, hopefully real soon :D

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a 40th except the math no longer made sense.. with the amount of money the 40th gets in cosmetics, I have a very wicked car!

Ed

So who out there is in the process of getting the 40th package right now?

I was just at Quantum, they have 0 40th cars, but I saw 3 terlinguas, including yours. There was also about 30 cars for the SS, and 2 SGT's including mine. Josh also said it had been awhile since they did a 40th.

Chris

Are you happy with the 725 hp upgrade? How does it drive on the street?
I love the 725 upgrade, it exceded my expectations even at the mile high altitude here in ABQ. If you keep your foot out of it on the street, it drives just like the stock motor. As everyone else with the HP upgrade there is definately not enough rubber to handle even the slightest increase in throttle.

I am in the process right now. first paperwork lists car as 267. triple black vert here. mine will look just like the prototpe when finished I guess. since its black too. anyone know how many triple black have been done so far?

I think there are relatively few of us out there and we will always be kind of out of the mainstream Shelby offerings. My guess from what I have seen is right around 200 total. Just a guess though. What's yours Cobrafan?

07XL0260

Red Coupe

Silver wheels

LOVE IT!!!

Dr. Jon

I am in the process right now. first paperwork lists car as 267. triple black vert here. mine will look just like the prototpe when finished I guess. since its black too. anyone know how many triple black have been done so far?

I'm not sure what the total number number of triple black verts will get done, but I know of at least 2.....CSM#07XL0051. You won't be disappointed!

Whadya mean "just a vert" verts are awesome! Many a summer days I wish I had a vert.
I noticed that your wifes ride is a 07 Expedition, how do you like it? I am now in the market for a new or pre-owned Expedition.

I noticed that your wifes ride is a 07 Expedition, how do you like it? I am now in the market for a new or pre-owned Expedition.

Thanks, this is only my second vert ever, but now, I never want to be without one. Yes, we love the Expy...lots of space for the kids and the gear. 40K trouble free miles so far!

XL0218 in Red Deer, Alberta
Great looking car! It looks like Vista blue is the majority for the time being. DougD, you wouldn't happen to know a friend of mine that lives in Red Deer by the name Allen that he and his family owns a trailer dealership?

I think there are relatively few of us out there and we will always be kind of out of the mainstream Shelby offerings. My guess from what I have seen is right around 200 total. Just a guess though. What's yours Cobrafan?

07XL0260

Red Coupe

Silver wheels

LOVE IT!!!

Dr. Jon

Doc,

I'm 151 but was reassigned a number when people dropped out for the SS packages. Originally I was 260 or something. I'm guessing that the number is closer to 300.

Great looking car! It looks like Vista blue is the majority for the time being. DougD, you wouldn't happen to know a friend of mine that lives in Red Deer by the name Allen that he and his family owns a trailer dealership?

I assume you are referring to Allandale Industries, they build horse trailers and such? I do not know any of the family, sorry.

Doc,

I'm 151 but was reassigned a number when people dropped out for the SS packages. Originally I was 260 or something. I'm guessing that the number is closer to 300.

CF, have you heard anything to indicate how much longer SAI will continue to offer the 40th package? Apparantly it has not sold out. I would think that there is an expiration to the package offering. :headscratch:

I assume you are referring to Allandale Industries, they build horse trailers and such? I do not know any of the family, sorry.
DougD that is the right place and people. If you ever need something to do with trailers, they are really good people.

CF, have you heard anything to indicate how much longer SAI will continue to offer the 40th package? Apparantly it has not sold out. I would think that there is an expiration to the package offering. :headscratch:

In the very early stages I recall that there was some talk that there would be a time frame to get this done, for some reason I'm thinking that it was 3 years. With that said, SAI has most of the parts because of the SS, so there is very little on the downside from the business perspective for them to not keep making them until they finally hit whatever number they decided to make. They have been cranking this package out since November 07 so I think the 40th package is close to having most everyone that wanted one.

In the very early stages I recall that there was some talk that there would be a time frame to get this done, for some reason I'm thinking that it was 3 years. With that said, SAI has most of the parts because of the SS, so there is very little on the downside from the business perspective for them to not keep making them until they finally hit whatever number they decided to make. They have been cranking this package out since November 07 so I think the 40th package is close to having most everyone that wanted one.
I agree with your business logic and your assumption of everyone that wants one has one, or at the very least is on the list. So from a future owner point of view, it would be nice to know what the window of opportunity is. As an owner I would hope that this program will be buttoned up some time in the near furure regardless whether it sells out or not. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd like to know as well. They said a limit of 500 and for 2007 only. Though we also heard the GT500 was to be for 2 years only. And there was this little mistake of a 2008 40th that turned up. I think we heard that would be changed to a SS, but I never did hear an update on that one. SAI and Ford need to keep producing, but do they need to break promises?
Wait a minute, a 2008 40th? how did that happen? That definately needs to be cleared up if it really did happen. :headscratch:

Archived