TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Lights off of hold

Just got a call from my dealer. He got a call today and was told HID lights come off of hold on 3/9/09 and he should have a VIN # and production date for my car the first of next week. He was told my car would be one of the first made.....I think that is good? Looks like Michael Morris was pretty close with the 3/3 date. Hopefully getting close and the anticipation starts to build.

• 3 weeks later...
MM

When did production on the 2010"s start and how many will

Ford build a day. Also, when will the 2010's hit dealerships???

tks for any info....Fred

I dont know the info on how many they are going to build a day. Alot of it depends on getting engines!

I dont know when they will hit. I have some 10 GTs already built, but Ford has NOT released them yet! If they do the same with the GT500 it might be June before they hit the lots

MM

Woo hoo, my dealer called me on the 13th. He was able to add HID's to my order. Still looking at manufacture in April, delivery in May for my order. Waiting on the VIN now. Can't wait! :happy feet:

I'm still waiting for a VIN too....sucks waiting. Hopefully I will have it anyday...

Woo hoo, my dealer called me on the 13th. He was able to add HID's to my order. Still looking at manufacture in April, delivery in May for my order. Waiting on the VIN now. Can't wait! :happy feet:

When did your order go in. ? I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TRACKING order dates to build dates to delivery dates of the first few cars to get an idea of how things are progressing. Any comments ??

When did your order go in. ? I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TRACKING order dates to build dates to delivery dates of the first few cars to get an idea of how things are progressing. Any comments ??

I don't know exactly "when the order went in". I'm a bit new to ordering a car this way. I called a few dealers and told them what I wanted and what I was willing to pay. The one I am working with told me that they had already ordered theirs when I contacted them on January 31st. After reading around on the forum, I think he meant they only had one allocation and had already ordered it. At that time, he didn't know if they could change the order or not. If not, they would have ordered one for me. I don't know all the gory details but they were apparenlty able to change "their" order to make it "mine''. Last I heard was March 13th when they confirmed they could get the HID option onto the order.

I have been travelling for work so I haven't been to see them lately but I hope they'll call me with the VIN when they know it. I read Grabber's description of the process so maybe I should call and ask what acronym they're at with mine (thanks Grabber!) :dance:

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any issue with the HID's. Ive noticed no retail 2010's with HIDs and my order has been pushed. Ive looked at all the 2010's from v6 to gt500 that have been built and none have them, coincidence?

I changed mine to HIDs when the hold came off--got the VIN, but dealer hasne gotten the earlier car he ordered with hIDs yet either.Oh well, it gives me more time to sell my Daytona TA Pace Car.

Archived