TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanted - Shelby GT Apparel

ilmor

To the Shelby GT owners,

While at the race in Las Vegas this weekend I met a gentleman who involved with design and production of clothing for SAI. Long story short, if any of you have any ideas or things that you would like to see specifically involving Shelby GT related apparel, please post it on this thread. There is a meeting on Wednesday at SAI during which these ideas may come up for discussion. I know that's not much time, but I wasn't able to post this any sooner due to traveling all day today.

One idea I mentioned to him was that it would be nice to have a Shelby GT windbreaker. I also said that we would like some additional variety at currently there is not much of a selection. Maybe you guys have some good ideas!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparel ideas -

t-shirts (Sounds novel, but there's only one cheeseball t-shirt being sold through the club store. "I take my Shelby GT everywhere" ring a bell?)

jacket (I don't like to wear windbreakers personally. If they could come up with something a little more sturdy, I'd be happy.)

pit crew shirt (Dickies makes a great, long sleeve, button down mechanic's shirt that would make for an ideal template.)

hammer pants (This is a joke.)

I'd be happy with nearly anything new at this point. I hope it works out!

Ken

A polo in White, Black, Grabber Orange or Vista Blue would be cool. I also think having pit stripes on the left sleeve would be cool. Nothing crazy, maybe just a couple of "//" on the sleeve? Maybe we could choose what color the pit stripes would be when ordering the shirts?

1) I've purchased a couple of the polo shirts with "Shelby GT" embroidered on the left breast. I would like to see more of this, more color combos with the Berg Shelby GT logo! (or even CSM numbers!)

2) Some of those quick drying Columbia fishing shirts, (with the breezeway in the back area), with the Berg Shelby GT logo on the front pocket would be nice, especially here in Florida during the Summer! (multiple colors in Long and Short sleeve, and again personalize with CSM for extra $)

3) Hats - Multiple color ballcaps with Shelby GT and or Berg Shelby logo. (A stretch would be casual, straw versions of the Shelby Stetson)

4) Coveralls - Chicken farmer originals or in your favorite Shelby color combo! Perfect for those Road Course events as a cheap alternative to expensive driving suits! (Shelby GT, 500, 500KR, etc., on the back)

5) Helmets - Team up with Bell or some other helmet company and create Shelby versions.

6) Socks/underwear - Often overlooked (or unseen!) :hysterical:

7) T-Shirts - more variety. The black Terlingua shirt with the small emblem on the front, left breast, and giant yellow rabbit on the back looks awesome! Could do similar stuff with Shelby colors and logos - again, Berg Shelby GT! Tank tops, pocket tees, long/short sleeve, etc.

8) Shorts - Columbia sportswear style, gotta have something to match the shirts with!

9) Belts - Use your imagination, belts can LOOK like snakes!

10) Jackets - Variety is the key. I like my lightweight Terlingua windbreaker, but I live in Florida! Need to step up and get that leather jacket finished and offer some mid/heavy-weight nylon versions as well! (Kind of like the Air Force versions in leather or Nylon, maybe with zip in/out liners)

Sam

AKA:

This would be awesome...when I was at the store in Vegas I was disappointed with the selection. I would love to see a variety of MOCK turtle necks White, Black, Vista Blue and Grabbber would be great Polo shirts are always a great seller and Hats, all with the Berg emblem nad the CS emblem on them. Now don't let this fall thru the cracks just like the SGT Jacket!!

I would say this. Whatever comes out just don't make it gay looking. As Ken pointed out the T-Shirt I take my Shelby everywhere is completely gay. The Terlingua with the little tribal design IS cool. There's two things to keep in mind here. There's an obvious "older" crowd and a "younger" crowd. I'll be 40 in April (feel free to buy me something for my SGT at the Fab Ford's show)<----shameless plug) So I think there needs to be some variety.

Whatever you guys come up with it's gotta sort scream: SGT owners don't mess around! Throw the berg stuff out there, throw the "CS" logo on some stuff, hell let's adopt that "Anytime, Baby..." patch Chip brought up.

All I know is I drive a bad ass ride and there's few of us out there so let's whip up some equally bad ass gear!!!

I would say this. Whatever comes out just don't make it gay looking. As Ken pointed out the T-Shirt I take my Shelby everywhere is completely gay. The Terlingua with the little tribal design IS cool. There's two things to keep in mind here. There's an obvious "older" crowd and a "younger" crowd. I'll be 40 in April (feel free to buy me something for my SGT at the Fab Ford's show)<----shameless plug) So I think there needs to be some variety.

Whatever you guys come up with it's gotta sort scream: SGT owners don't mess around! Throw the berg stuff out there, throw the "CS" logo on some stuff, hell let's adopt that "Anytime, Baby..." patch Chip brought up.

All I know is I drive a bad ass ride and there's few of us out there so let's whip up some equally bad ass gear!!!

+100

I couldn't agree more. So what's this meeting all about? Who's attending? Is this topic actually on any sort of agenda?

All the ideas posted above sound great except for the Hammer pants.........

Won't touch that. :hysterical:

The are 5 different color combos for the SGT line and it would be great to see something

like t-shirts, jackets, windbreakers, hats etc. with each model represented.

Jessie

I'd like to see a fitted cap with jus the CS logo that's on my trunk and maybe of could have my CSM # on the back part, definitely a polo with our CSM and maybe a NASCAR type jersey wit all types of Shelby sponsor patches with ford racing patches..... Maybe medical scrub tops and please put an American flag on everything.

What ever happened to the infamous Shelby gt jacket :lurk:

I think the polo shirts, and or a shop shirt is a great idea.

definitely no hammer pants :doh:

I'm willing to give on the hammer pants in place of the mechanic's shirt. ;)

Ken

EDIT: CS logo is a MUST in my humble opinion.

+100

I couldn't agree more. So what's this meeting all about? Who's attending? Is this topic actually on any sort of agenda?

All I know is that the meeting is internal within SAI to discuss plans. Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I'll get an email out to them tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

One more thing, my son loves my SGT and saw the shirt that we all got when I joined Team Shelby.

How about some simple shirts for the kids? He has been asking for one for about a year (bought my SGT Feb 7, 2008 - so it has been over a year he's been asking!!!)

Thanks

Andy.

I have pretty much bought everything SGT I can find on E-bay, SAI and other sites. I'd buy more if I could find it. I love my car :drool: and would love to have more shirts and hats to wear to shows and cruise nights.

I would like to see long sleeve tees or sweatshirts with a picture of the SGT on them for us in the colder climates. I would like to see the existing shirts offered up in other colors than white. No matter how careful I am, my white tees are dirt and grease magnets.

Erik

07SGT2940

I'd like to see a fitted cap with jus the CS logo that's on my trunk and maybe of could have my CSM # on the back part, definitely a polo with our CSM and maybe a NASCAR type jersey wit all types of Shelby sponsor patches with ford racing patches..... Maybe medical scrub tops and please put an American flag on everything.

+10000 for the flag!

How about a SGT Speedo for when we are at the beach. Yikes!!

I've seen some SGT tee shirts but they are all in black. How about us other color guys?

What about a SGT Bowling shirt. Not kidding either. They make a really nice looking CS Shelby bowling shirt in blue that is pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind having a SGT one in white.

Don

Plenty of good ideas here. I'm not much of an apparel purchaser, only a couple hundred shirts and so forth. Maybe a thousand dollars a year.

One thing I do like is fitted hats. They are probably a giant pain for stores, what with inventories, variation in sizing, and all, but fitted hats are a real statement by the supplier and the buyer: "I am committed, I'm serious, and this stuff is not 'gimme' stuff to wear backwards, wipe your hands on and throw away".

I like "Fidel" hats, the quasi-military look with a shorter bill and squared top (they seem to fit more comfortably on my head), as opposed to the baseball/NASCAR hat with a pre-shaped bill that is too narrow and has too many stripes and colors on it. Garish junk just produced to sell one more goofy-looking item to another NASCAR himbo is out: classic simplicity is in.

I imagine a nice black or dark gray, or blue military-style cap with block-letter "SHELBY GT" front and center in appropriately contrasting embroidery, perhaps with the sole option of "pit stripes" behind the lettering, yellow standard, other colors by special order.

Way I remember it, "Chicken Farmer" overalls don't have a lot of "back" to be putting emblems or lettering on, just the bit where the straps cross:

orig_1_.jpg

Photo by Tom Cardin of Chama NM

orig_1_.jpg

OK, I emailed all of the above ideas tonight - so, we'll see what happens. If I hear more I'll let you know. Thanks everyone!

Plenty of good ideas here. I'm not much of an apparel purchaser, only a couple hundred shirts and so forth. Maybe a thousand dollars a year.

One thing I do like is fitted hats. They are probably a giant pain for stores, what with inventories, variation in sizing, and all, but fitted hats are a real statement by the supplier and the buyer: "I am committed, I'm serious, and this stuff is not 'gimme' stuff to wear backwards, wipe your hands on and throw away".

I like "Fidel" hats, the quasi-military look with a shorter bill and squared top (they seem to fit more comfortably on my head), as opposed to the baseball/NASCAR hat with a pre-shaped bill that is too narrow and has too many stripes and colors on it. Garish junk just produced to sell one more goofy-looking item to another NASCAR himbo is out: classic simplicity is in.

I imagine a nice black or dark gray, or blue military-style cap with block-letter "SHELBY GT" front and center in appropriately contrasting embroidery, perhaps with the sole option of "pit stripes" behind the lettering, yellow standard, other colors by special order.

Way I remember it, "Chicken Farmer" overalls don't have a lot of "back" to be putting emblems or lettering on, just the bit where the straps cross:

post-19142-1236129237_thumb.jpg

Photo by Tom Cardin of Chama NM

Fitted hats are nice. I prefer the Flex-Fit though. No one makes a castro style hat big enough for my massive cranium.

Archived