TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old member...new owner.

Seahorse

Picked up our new 2009 Shelby GT500 convertible on Saturday past. Car is ebony withred trimmed interior, fully loaded minus nav, and has some decent mods already added by (a very progressive ;) ) dealer: see sig. Only had the one day to give it a bit of a run, and she's tucked away again til spring arrives to stay - never a sure thing here in Canada *L*. But those few hours were more than enough to convince me that this is something special and going to be a blast to own and drive! This next month or so will drag by now I'm sure :cry:

I've had a variety of high performance cars over the years; imports, domestics, including Mustangs and even another Shelby type - an '89 Daytona Shelby that I thought was the cats ass at the time. I like this one better :drool:

Some crappy first day pics, better ones to follow in time...

Feb_057.jpg

Feb_075.jpg

Feb_061.jpg

Feb_074.jpg

Congrats. That's a beautiful ride! (although Vista Blue is much faster :D )

Look at the color of the bullits coming out of your machine gun Mr. Kitty !!!

That's the fastest color.

:lurk:

Nice new black GT500 too. :happy feet:

Nice looking car SeaHorse, it would appear it will be wearing some OZ Racing wheels soon? They're in the garage pic ;) Imagine how much you would have liked the Daytona with another 100 or so horsepower :wub: There are so many 300+WHP 2.2's now, turbos and intercoolers have come a looong way since Chrysler put that little T3 Garrett and a too small 10 row intercooler on your Daytona B)

Alan

Thanks everyone :) . Re which colour is fastest...well black will drive you insane quickest that's for sure, can't believe I bought another black car LOL.

Alan, actually those O.Z's are from my previous car - wrong specs for the Shelby, so have to offload 'em soon I guess. I like the stock GT500 wheels and plan to pick up an extra couple to have them widened and put a wider tire on back. This car needs it *L*...

Old car with O.Z's...

May08_079.jpg

Holy NEWFIE Batman, nice to see a Shelby on the ROCK.

There are quite a few here actually, local Ford dealer has sold their entire allotment (15 cars) each year with just 4 left now out of the 2009's. Not all stayed locally of course, but most did :) .

Seahorse,

Congrat's on the new Gt500. Love the Red Interior. I agree with you on the Black it's a PITA, but looks great when freshly detailed. We also have the same Engine builders (well only one) Mr. Mark Schuman. I had the pleasure of meeting him last Sept. when we toured the Romeo Niche Line Engine Plant during the 08 Dearborn Bash. He and all the other builders are fantastic. They take great pride in what they do (and rightfully so!).

Enjoy your new ride and let the modding begin.

Mike

Seahorse,

Congrat's on the new Gt500. Love the Red Interior. I agree with you on the Black it's a PITA, but looks great when freshly detailed. We also have the same Engine builders (well only one) Mr. Mark Schuman. I had the pleasure of meeting him last Sept. when we toured the Romeo Niche Line Engine Plant during the 08 Dearborn Bash. He and all the other builders are fantastic. They take great pride in what they do (and rightfully so!).

Enjoy your new ride and let the modding begin.

Mike

Thanks Mike, and I was wondering just what that second name on my builder's plate was supposed to be!

Archived