TEAM SHELBY FORUM

pre race

Robert OHara

I haven't watched the whole race yet (on dvr) but caught the one at the first. Knew it wasn't a 10, but didn't catch the SS designation--guess I need to go hi-def on my satellite! Anyway, was there any interviews with CS broadcast? Anything besides him giving the command? That was pretty cool in itself, too bad many of the watching public have only a hint of who THE MAN really is.....

I haven't watched the whole race yet (on dvr) but caught the one at the first. Knew it wasn't a 10, but didn't catch the SS designation--guess I need to go hi-def on my satellite! Anyway, was there any interviews with CS broadcast? Anything besides him giving the command? That was pretty cool in itself, too bad many of the watching public have only a hint of who THE MAN really is.....

Yea about half way the had a short interview. Pretty good. Normal questions, normal answers.

Wish they would have gotten the Pace car correct. Folks are going to want to buy a 2010 thinking they are getting a Super Snake.

MM

Did you all notice the announcer (not DW) call the pace car a 2010 GT 500? It was obviously a KR, not an 2010.....

Too bad Carl didn't win it!

the anouncer didn't know what the pace car was ........... It was a Super Snake .. not a KR ,,Not a 2010 model mustang :shift:

Yea about half way the had a short interview. Pretty good. Normal questions, normal answers.

Wish they would have gotten the Pace car correct. Folks are going to want to buy a 2010 thinking they are getting a Super Snake.

MM

I think 2010 Shelby GT 500 was stuck in their Heads, from a couple of Weeks ago when the 2010 Shelby GT 500 was the Pace Car.

I E-mailed Mike Joy @ foxsports.net the first time he mentioned it as a 2010, hoping he would get the E-mail and correct himself. I guess the people there never got the info to him. Too bad, at least we all know what we are talking about! :banghead:

As I have mentioned before, I am not much of a NASCAR fan :stirpot: I am an avid NHRA fan, though :drool:

However I did have Fox on in the background because I was hoping to see CS and the pace car. I was glad to see both. The announcers really got my attention with the "2010" :headscratch: pace car. I'm like you guys in that you would think they should be more aware of cars than say the golf announcers. I wonder what CS thought?

I got to watch most of the rest of the race last night and saw the CS interview. When they cut back and the announcer again said 2010 GT 500, the camera man is zoomed in so tightly, you can read "Super Snake" on the grill badge! Of course, I have to remind myself (and my wife does too) that not everyone is as familiar with these cars as we are......

Archived