TEAM SHELBY FORUM

People are strange. . . .

Last night we made a quick trip about an hour north to the mall in the Shelby. It was cold and windy so I was looking for a close parking space. Just as I pulled in I hear a loud exhaust and saw a black Firebird shoot up the next aisle. I lapped the parking lot a couple of times and found one right up front, and while doing so, spotted the Firebird again. He was goosing it and letting off, letting the exhaust rumble, trying to turn heads. It didn't take us long in the mall and headed back out pretty quick. As we were getting in the car he rolled past, very slowly, almost hanging out the window to watch us. We were quick getting in--it was cold--and just as I cleared the next aisle or so he came romping back, must have been doing 50, snaking around the sidewalks. He made sure he eyeballed me and cleared his pipes as we passed. We crossed over to another area of the mall and as we got out of the car I could hear him again flying around the parking lot. Now, out on the expressway, it would have been a different matter, but in the mall parking lot? Gimme a break!

On the way home--I'm cruising along about 78. Cruise set, left lane driving. I'm in the left lane because KY parkways are generally smoother in the median than in the right lane and most of the other traffic (which was scarce to none) seemed to be muddling along in the 65 mph range. About 10 miles from home I slip up on a VW--don't know what model or designation it is, but it's like a 2 door wagon, very tall in the back. I pass him without a second thought. Cruise still set, but about 2 miles down the road, I see these headlights coming at me like a bullet. I started to move to the right but by the time I saw it and looked around, it was too late. It was the VW, must have been doing 120 when he blew by me. I mean it was like a jet screaming by. Maybe 200 yards up the road he nails the brakes, slows down to about the same speed I am and stays just ahead of me for about another 2-3 miles. Then he sort of wanders a little bit and next thing I know--I'm passing him again. Cruise still set on 78. No second pass, no flashing lights, nothing. I must have disappointed him....I was just too tired to race.

Finally, we get back to town and I pull in to get gas. It's supposed to be raining and snowing in the morning (it was) so I decided to fill up. While doing so a couple of guys (not kids) in a Saturn coupe with no muffler (not tuned exhaust--just the absence of a muffler) whips in the proceeds to gun the motor all the way around the gas pumps, twice. I just wave and give him my Homer Simpson grin and top it off. The finally roll out left as I turn right.

You know, I've never had these kind of reactions before. Maybe if it was red or blue or orange I'd expect people to notice. My tags do read FLYBYU, but it's never provoked this kind of behavior before. What is it? Cabin fever? People do strange things sometimes.

You got the bad boy on the planet so why not? They all think they can get u to play and they prolly all went homme and told people some gt500 didnt want none of their fart cans and so on.

I found out a month or so ago this retard i knew in virginia beach that has a gt is tellin people he smoked me. He had an offroad x and some mac mufflers, a gt500 throttle body, c&l intake a throttle body spacer, and some pulleys on his car with a diablo pre-tune. Im figurein probably makin 335 at his wheels if hes lucky. I raced him from a light and he couldnt pass me while i was literally sideways in second gear lookin out the passenger window at the upcoming ttaffic haha. Needless to say he DID NOT beat me but he is tellin everyone he did. People are dumb and cant find anything better to do and cant wait to try to beat us that when they get a chance they try and no matter the outcome we r the losers to them lol. Pathetic if u ask me.

Whenever you purchase a shelby gt500, corvette etc... people treat you different. Some are amazed and just stare while others are jealous and just do stupid stuff. Example My wife and I cruising in my Mach 1 when a camaro pulls up besides us and starts to rev its engine louder and louder. When the driver saw that I didn't want to race he drove in the lane right beside me for 5 miles preventing any cars from passing. Example 2, my wife and I in the shelby cruising on the beach when all evening long cars keep doing burn outs at traffic signals or weaving in and out of traffic trying to make me notice them. Welcome newcomers if you plan on purchasing one of the above mentioned vehicles get ready for a life changing experience.

We live in a small New England town, and there are plenty of people here who expect special performance out of the GT500 whenever we drive it. Shouts of "burn rubber" are not unusual. Buying a red car with white stripes just made the flag all that much bigger.

Get used to it. Even stock, the GT500 whips the C6 and those fanboy's don't get it that they will lose every time. The look on their faces is pretty priceless though :hysterical:

My wife and I were taking our Testicle-Roaster (Ferrari) out for exercise about 15 years back and decided to make a day of it. We were out on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State some 100 miles from home and driving through a small city. Up comes a totally "beat too crap" Mustang of a 1979-82 vintage, you know the ones that made almost 200 hp at the crank. There are 4 of them in it yelling and hollering on how their car was gonna spank the Ferrari, mine only made 380 hp NET. The were revving it, going hard on throttle and brakes right in the middle of town in broad daylight. Needless to say we didn't play. I haven't had anyone want to play with the KR yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

I have had some plonker try to race my '08 F450 pickup but that was just plain stupid.

I drive my car how I want, I dont take marching orders from some senseless wanna be dweeb. I just look 'em in the eye and laugh. :censored: em. These cars do scream race me though, it kinda goes with the territory.

Probably one of the reason you dont see these cars on the road that much is they are a constant magnet for morons.

Just be careful out there. Defensive driving goes double in these cars.

KC666

:rockon:

This proves what I have been telling everyone for a while now. I drive my Suburban 55 miles one way to work every day. Never a problem. Every now and then I will take the GT500 and it never fails. Someone in a pickup, civic, you name it has to cut me off, come flying around me, or riding my bumper. Only in the GT500! It's to the point now I won't drive it to work. Every time I do something happens.

It's not just you.....

Try being a girlie driving this car! It really does piss me off as some of these jerks do not give up and I have to pull some detour detail to loose them :( I do loose my good judgement every so often and smoke them. Most are not worth the effort.

Ain't it the truth! I get it all the time too. :nonono: From pick-ups to rusty honda's. So far I've kept my cool, which is progress for me. I'm known to be a hot head at times. Guess I'm getting old. :reading:

Ain't it the truth! I get it all the time too. :nonono: From pick-ups to rusty honda's. So far I've kept my cool, which is progress for me. I'm known to be a hot head at times. Guess I'm getting old. :reading:

U might be gettin old but i hate bein young with it. Its like everyone wnats a piece. Im gettin to the point where im gonna just flip everyone off. lol.

Sherri id be in love with ya if i saw ya down there cuz i love car girls haha.

It's funny I've had my car only a few weeks and just today I'm pulling out of a parking lot and this red Chevy Super Sport is revving his engine HARD.

I honestly didn't know what to think.

I didn't know if he was revving his car wanting me to rev my car or if he was somehow complimenting my ride with noise?

It was very strange.

The guy was waiting at the red light opposite so he was just sitting there on the other side of the road revving.

It was a really nice Super Sport and sounded mean, but I didn't know if he was "disrespecting" me or what.

Definitely a new experience driving this car... what do you guys think?

LOL I hear you all. I only had my Shelby for a month and a half before I had to put it away for the winter but in that short time I only had 1 guy with a newer Camaro maybe a model year 2000 or so want to race so we raced. I lined up with a modded Terminator the same night but he wouldn't race.

Believe it or not, I've had far more people want to race me in my '05 Mustang GT. I've had Neons, Maximas, Cobalts, Dodge pickups, Chargers, GTO's, etc., even a Ford Contour SVT always want to race or provoke me. One time I was cruising and minding my own business when a kid in a beatup Neon get next to me in the other lane. I could hear him rev it up and could hear the turbo blow-off valve. We both get on it but I didn't downshift at all. We were even until the next light. He has the balls to say to me, "So how do you feel to have your Mustang GT get beat by a Neon?" I said "Dude I really wasn't trying but if you really want a race lets go when the light turns green." So no mercy this time, I smoked him really bad about 10 car lengths before I lift. At the next light I could hear him calling his friend to say that he just beat a Mustang GT. What a dork. The Maxima had a bunch of teenagers in it giving me thumbs-down as they tried to race me on the highway. I just shake my head. The car must have been modded some because that thing hauled @ss from a roll. I saw them again about a month later and smoked them about 8 car lengths. This time I gave them thumbs down.

I'm looking forward to whooping some @ss this coming year with the Shelby if anyone decides to play.

I understand fully the responsibilities of driving the most powerful Mustang (so far) to roll out the factory doors. The coiled snakes on the grill and fenders act as a beacon and the SHELBY across the rear and FLYBYU on the tags seem to beg for a romp. I've never shied away from the occasional stop light Gran Prix, and in fact, have encouraged one or two (or several dozen) in my lifetime. But, yeah, I can hear the guy in the mufferless Saturn over at the Waffle House, "Yeah, I tried to get this dude in a GT 500 to race me, but he didn't want none of my Saturn!" Yeah, uh huh, gotcha. Well, it's just something we gotta live with, I guess. What did Spiderman's dying uncle say, "With great power comes great responsibility." ;)

Happy Hunting!

How bout i saw a vidtoday on youtube of this kid and his buddy in a subaru roll up on a vet and they r eggin him on and he wont do nohtin. So the buddy in the passeger seat says haha hes scared. He did get scared out of his mouth and the vet was gone. I laughed my @$$ off at thir reaction. So they go from a light and the vet smokes him. U knwo what he says? Too bad u didnt launch bro. I couldnt beive these kids had the gaul to say that to eachother in the car when the vet is just superior to them. I say kids too lol. Im only 26. 27 next tuesday!

Theres teh video from the story. The third pull he jumps the count early and pulls him then gets wasted. Im sure he goes home and tells his boys he beat a vette.

Sure, a 4 banger will wind up quick giving you fast power but then that's all it's got. Heck even my 100HP 1996 Saturn SL will spin the tires but like the old saying goes, there is no replacement for displacement.

Theres teh video from the story. The third pull he jumps the count early and pulls him then gets wasted. Im sure he goes home and tells his boys he beat a vette.

Man that video is hilarious! I showed my gearhead coworkers we were laughing hysterically!!!! :hysterical2:

But that Talon was pretty quick, took the Vette from the launch for a while :doh:

(Note to self: buy Mickey Thompson drag radials soon...)

This kind of crap is universal. It all boils down to 3 words.....poor (insert gender here) trash :fool: All these dip $h!t$ are the same....they will forever be driving broken down $hitbox Firechickens, ratty rustangs, crappy ass Camaros, or what ever flavor "SS" is their particular favorite :chairshot: This includes all types of rice, both domestic & imported... :barf: They will forever be telling over inflated stories about the car their uncle's brother had that had a "big block sumpinruther" in it with the infamous "Munci rock crusher 4 spd" and how "he took me for a ride and put a $100.00 bill on the dash and I couldn't reach it from the seat because the car was soooooo fast"!!!!!! :reading::redcard:

We have all spent our fair share of time avoiding the local "bad a$$" with the 74 Camaro with a 350CID (or a :hysterical3: 305 for the love of Pete!) with "202 valve job" & a "3/4 inch cam" :headscratch: backed by the infamous turbo 350 auto, and all topped off with the vacuum secondary Quadra Jet and running super steep 308s out back..... <_< :do what:

Of course this super car is not complete without the tri color paint scheme, with the flat and gloss calico paint highlights... :club:

At least it was fun back then, now days its just some jack ass kid with an UGLY, obnoxious sounding fart can spewing VTEC powered porta potty looking Honey Bucket... :bike: driving like a complete a$$ hat!

These guys have been telling lies long before running you down, and will long after he forgets about stomping you in the dirt, I just give them a quick thanks and a friendly wave and keep on looking for worthy opponents‘, like other reptiles, and those filthy ol Bowties.... :poke::peelout:

We have all spent our fair share of time avoiding the local "bad a{:content:}quot; with the 74 Camaro with a 350CID (or a :hysterical3: 305 for the love of Pete!) with "202 valve job" & a "3/4 inch cam" :headscratch: backed by the infamous turbo 350 auto, and all topped off with the vacuum secondary Quadra Jet and running super steep 308s out back..... <_< :D o what:

Of course this super car is not complete without the tri color paint scheme, with the flat and gloss calico paint highlights... :club:

Hey, I resemble that remark! :finger:

Actually I had a balanced and blueprinted 350 from a vette dropped into my 81 Camaro mated to a 350 turbo. I believe the valves were a mix of 1.96/2.02 though but that has been nearly 20 years ago. It also had a Holley 650 (or 750) double pumper. It was all one color though and had a hood so I didn't fit will in the trash crowds. :hysterical:

And it was a bad ass car - all the way until I overshot a corner at 90mph and a culvert ripped out the whole bottom of the car. :cry: I hit so hard it actually broke off the starter and jammed it into the block, cracking it and ruining the engine completely.

And yes, I had a mullet temporarily. My sister takes any opportunity she can to make fun of me about it.

Archived