TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3rd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. May 30th 2009

Grabber

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grabber invited us over for lunch before we took off on Sunday.

This is the group that we had lunch with. From left to right, Grabber, me, Spring Lil Cobra, vapor08GT500, His friend that I'm drawing a blank on his name (sorry), Spring's wife,Romana and my wife, Stephanie.

GrabbersMeetandGreet117.jpg

Rob's dog is a hoot!

GrabbersMeetandGreet118.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet119.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet121.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet129.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet131.jpg

It was then time to hit the road. We decided to take the 101 down the Oregon coast for awhile.

GrabbersMeetandGreet141.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet143.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet176.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet180.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet183.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet186.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet193.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet195.jpg

GrabbersMeetandGreet204.jpg

While we were filing up with gas, a local officer stopped by to check out the cars. Heck of a nice guy and he had to leave fast as he had a hot call to get to.

GrabbersMeetandGreet208.jpg

A great trip for sure. I met alot of people and it was great to put names to faces. There were so many people that I know I didn't get to met everyone and I wish I did. Thanks to everyone for making this one of the best trips for us ever. Definately worth it!

I have some video I could share if anyone is interested.

Looks like an absolutely AMAZING time...way to go Grabber & family for hosting...

Would've loved to have been there..

101 down the Oregon Coast, one of my favorite drives, especially south of Coos Bay.

We are fortunate to have a vacation home just 10 miles north of Gold beach and the famous Rogue river.

The pic looking at the beach is from our master suite, the other our home which coincidentally is 100 years old this year, (it is in the vacation rental home pool for those that may be inclined...excuse the self promotion...)

you all would've driven right by it!

Thanx for all of the great pics

Ocean_crest_master_view.jpg

Ocean_crest_majestic.jpg

That's an awesome view Tom. It would have been great if you could have made it! Maybe next year we can all go up together. I don't know if I missed the BBQ at your house or not. I hope not! Looking forward to when we can meet up again.

That's an awesome view Tom. It would have been great if you could have made it! Maybe next year we can all go up together. I don't know if I missed the BBQ at your house or not. I hope not! Looking forward to when we can meet up again.

of course we would love to see videos! I regret that I did not take a pic sitting in my car, I was in the inside square with the red with white cars. It was a truly an awesome site. Guess I was too taken in with the view.

All of the pictures you have all taken are just fabulous! I think it would be really cool if I could rangle my photog friend to join next year and be our photographer. He is a teacher like me and takes all of the pics for our school (sporting events, assemblies, etc). All of you guys with the tech saviness are awesome. thank you.

I've met so many of you in the past two years and want to meet and speak with more next year. Anyone need a summer worker? There are so many mods i want to add to my car after this event. On a teacher's salary not many are possible. Most likey headers and the cool blinkers. what do you call the cool cover thing that was on so many of your engines? the carbon fiber covering the radiator and battery and valve covers...Or even a sugar dady will do....

GREAT TIME

Well....all I can say is..what an incredible event!!! 18.5 hours drive there, 22 hours back. Any regrets?? Yes...I wish I could have spent more time with each and every one of you that attended!!! For those of you I met and talked to, thank you...for those of you I did not, I am sorry. After 18.5 hours of straight driving, I was soooo tired by the time I got there, I felt that I was useless. It was even more embarassing to me to arrive and have my filthy car washed and detailed as soon as I arrived....again, thank you, so very much!!!

I wish I could put more names to faces....so many people!!! The weather was incredible, and the people and cars were great too. From the time I arrived, to the time I left, I felt happy and upbeat. Even after 50+ hours of no sleep at all, I wanted to keep going and talk with people. It is amazing to me how many people that I have talked to, and sold parts to over the years from this area that I have never met face to face!! Some even from 10+ years ago with Cobras and Lightnings....such a small world, yet, such a big one. I never forget an area, but I do lose track of names, unfortunatley...it is great to meet people that I sold cars or parts to, or those that I talk to online. 15+ years with a love/lust of these cars has never meant so much....it makes me feel old..LOL

What an event.....the show, the cruise, the lunch, the dinner, the people, the cars....everything was as great as it could be!!! Well worth the 2591 miles I added to my car. Well worth it. No amount of money could surpass the feeling of satisfaction of being there. Rob (Grabber) was a gracious host as was his wife, Tana, son, David, and daugther, Katie. I wish that we had such great people in southern CA!! Tana was completely opposite of what I expected...my demented opinion of her (and just that...my opinion) was that she was what we have seen in Grabber's posts...in curlers, Uggs, looking over people, cooking, overlooking others, and just a normal gal...well let me tell you, that is not the case at all...she is a very funny, bubbly funny person. I don't think I saw 10 seconds of her not smiling or joking. She is an amazing, funny, very social, smart, beautiful, woman!!! I wish I could find a wife as cool as Rob's!!! David (Rob's son) was wonderful too, he looked over the show and was social with everyone. His 96 GTS was one of the highlights of the show..the car is just stunning...he knows he has a great, one of a kind car. Katie ( Rob's daugther) was mingling with the crowd, and seemed to be happy with the event and is a phenominal girl. A great family, and a perfect event...what more could any of us want!!!???

I have sold more cars to more celebrities and people that care less about these cars than WE do. By WE, I mean, US...the ones of us involved with these cars that make up Team Shelby. This means more to me than the ones with more money than reality and sense. In my opinion, these cars have a comradary that is not experienced with most other vehicles. WE are a different group, that not only respect our cars, but the others around us too..a true meaning of "a great group of people"

I'm done rambling now. I will post my pictures of my trip to WA and back soon.

Alex

The pic's that you have all posted are great. I love looking at them and these memories will last a lifetime. It's sure nice having friends like you guys. :) I sure wish that some of you lived closer so we could meet up more often.

The pic's that you have all posted are great. I love looking at them and these memories will last a lifetime. It's sure nice having friends like you guys. :) I sure wish that some of you lived closer so we could meet up more often.

:cry:

Thanks Sherri...I wish you were able to come, it was a great event, and the weather was perfect.

Rob-thank you once again...hope you are able to come to my neck of the woods someday...you and your family are welcome anytime. Your hospitality is unmatched

Slabo-thanks for the pic. It was great meeting you!! Hope my exhaust didn't annoy you from behind with your top down...LOL

I also wanted to thank those of you again that washed my car when I arrived...you are all great!!!

And Rob and Stephanie (Joker45) I had a great time with you both cruising the Oregon coast!! Great Times!!!

Alex :happy feet:

Thanks Sherri...I wish you were able to come, it was a great event, and the weather was perfect.

Rob-thank you once again...hope you are able to come to my neck of the woods someday...you and your family are welcome anytime. Your hospitality is unmatched

Slabo-thanks for the pic. It was great meeting you!! Hope my exhaust didn't annoy you from behind with your top down...LOL

I also wanted to thank those of you again that washed my car when I arrived...you are all great!!!

And Rob and Stephanie (Joker45) I had a great time with you both cruising the Oregon coast!! Great Times!!!

Alex :happy feet:

Yea Alex, it was a blast and some of the stuff we saw that day was really cool. Not to mention we had a good number of laughs along the way. Always good to see you. Looking forward to the next time we are able to do this trip.

Brian and Shriley you were missed, hope to see you here next year.

Thanks, Tana! We were heartbroken that we couldn't be there this year after being there for the first two years. My supercharger failure was very ill-timed and I'm still waiting on it to be shipped back from Vortech so I can be back up to full speed. We leave for Europe soon, so I don't know when my car will be done. I'm having serious horsepower withdrawls............

Count us in for next year, though. You guys are great people and you put on a good show, too! Nice cars, nice people, nice scenery.

Having missed this year's M&G, I've been living vicariously through all the pics you guys took - outstanding work! Although, we really could have used my wife's Nikon with wide angle lens up on Rob's shop again! Oh well, next year!

Keep the pics & videos coming, everyone. Ruf & I & everyone else who couldn't be there are itchin' for more pics & vids.

Randy, That was cool although I didnt see any pics of the camera flying through the air when we performed that brake check on I-5. :hysterical:

Time lapse some times misses the Kodak moments haha no doubt......great meeting you man! What a blast!! :hysterical:

I was tempted to repost Alex's recent post with my reply so that anyone who missed all the nice things he had to say about the event and My family could be seen again, but I didn't. This really is a response to all the nice things he had to say. I'm in a rush and I hope this all comes out clearly and appreciatively.

I echo the same regrets Alex had about the event for they are exactly my own.

I wish to attempt to extend some personal compliments to Alex for his gracious compliments for me and my family.

I too had some misconceptions of my own about Alex. I recieved my perceptions about Alex from Rob. When Rob went to Vegas for CS Birthday bash, he spent some time with Alex and Rob came home with all kinds of praise and compliments about Alex. Rob keeps me up to speed on some of the guys and their families on the forum because I don't get on much. Anyway I refered to Rob as Alex's fan, I don't know if I said it outloud to Rob, but I too am now a fan. I joked a little with Alex about how I physically pictured him which did not match up with reality. He looks young (because he is) He is blond (which is good to blend in Cali) and is a people person and likes joke around.

I don't recall anyone recently describing me with words such as amazing, bubbly, smart, or beautiful. It made me smile inside and out. Thank you!

And Thank you for your compliments for Rob, David, and Katie.

Tana~

I was tempted to repost Alex's recent post with my reply so that anyone who missed all the nice things he had to say about the event and My family could be seen again, but I didn't. This really is a response to all the nice things he had to say. I'm in a rush and I hope this all comes out clearly and appreciatively.

I echo the same regrets Alex had about the event for they are exactly my own.

I wish to attempt to extend some personal compliments to Alex for his gracious compliments for me and my family.

I too had some misconceptions of my own about Alex. I recieved my perceptions about Alex from Rob. When Rob went to Vegas for CS Birthday bash, he spent some time with Alex and Rob came home with all kinds of praise and compliments about Alex. Rob keeps me up to speed on some of the guys and their families on the forum because I don't get on much. Anyway I refered to Rob as Alex's fan, I don't know if I said it outloud to Rob, but I too am now a fan. I joked a little with Alex about how I physically pictured him which did not match up with reality. He looks young (because he is) He is blond (which is good to blend in Cali) and is a people person and likes joke around.

I don't recall anyone recently describing me with words such as amazing, bubbly, smart, or beautiful. It made me smile inside and out. Thank you!

And Thank you for your compliments for Rob, David, and Katie.

Tana~

I meant every word I said in my post from the bottom of my heart. It is great people that make this hobby that much more fun and exciting. I had a wonderful time and look forward to the next time we can all get together.

I'm glad I put a smile on your face...you just put one on mine too!!!

Alex

Sunday morning we were invited to a brunch and tour of a private car collection. A very nice collection of Chevy's(I'm kinda partial to Chevy's). Then we cruised with the S-7 to look at his collection. People think Shelbys get a lot of attention driving, include an S-7 in the mix and you've got a traffic accident waiting to happen. Here' a couple of pics cruising the "hood" :hysterical:

MomandDad316.jpgMomandDad317.jpgMomandDad315.jpg

MomandDad311.jpg

Sherri wishing

MomandDad286.jpg

And how do you top that.......with one of these. My dream car

MomandDad330.jpg

MomandDad333.jpg

We had a great weekend. Thanks again Rob, Tana and David and all our fellow Shelby enthusiasts. I can hardly wait for 2010.

Dave and Sherri

grabberfest003.jpg

grabberfest004.jpg

grabberfest005.jpg

grabberfest006.jpg

grabberfest007.jpg

These are Pictures of my car at the first gas stop just outside of Bakersfield and the second later that night (don't remember the name of that town) I didn't reset my average mileage the whole trip. I averaged 21-22 MPG the whole way there and back including the in town stuff at Grabber's. Pretty damn good if you ask me for a 653 RWHP car on pump gas and 3.73 gears. I also calculated each tank...same thing...21-22 MPG each tank. Average speeds were 65-85 using cruise most of the time. As you can see, I always tape my car up for long trips around the clear bra. 7K miles and not a chip or nick in the paint anywhere!! Portable GPS aid my speedo was only off by 2mph at 70 mph.

grabberfest008.jpg

grabberfest009.jpg

grabberfest010.jpg

grabberfest011.jpg

grabberfest013.jpg

This is in Oregon after it first started getting light. I drove all the way for around 14 of the 18.5 hours until I started seeing things on the road that weren't there. Then I let my friend drive and tried to get some sleep, but that didn't happen as I had to keep talking to keep him awake. The funniest thing is that after less than 1 hour of him driving, he decided he now wants a GT500 too. He has an 02 Lightning that he bought from me in 04 (585 RWHP ) and an 04 Cobra convertible that he bought from me in 07 (560 RWHP). Now I need to find him a great deal on a used GT500 and mod it for him. LOL

grabberfest026.jpg

grabberfest027.jpg

grabberfest028.jpg

grabberfest029.jpg

grabberfest031.jpg

This is the last set of Grabber's cruise....will post more of the trip back to CA with Joker45 along the Oregon Coast later...enjoy!! Those of you that missed this event this year should strongly consider going next year. I put over 2500 miles on my car in 3 days...well worth it. Took a full day on my lift to detail my car which I will post in a separate post later...

Alex

Archived