TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3rd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. May 30th 2009

Grabber

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That stinks. I hope it gets fixed ASAP so you can come.

Just talked to my service advisor...rear end came in and they are putting it in now...I really wanted to paint this one before it was installed, but I can always do that later...will hopefulley get on the road by 11 am...17 hour drive from Palm Springs to Battleground....

Alex

Just talked to my service advisor...rear end came in and they are putting it in now...I really wanted to paint this one before it was installed, but I can always do that later...will hopefulley get on the road by 11 am...17 hour drive from Palm Springs to Battleground....

Alex

Right on Alex.

That puts you here at 7am tomorrow.

What a trip.

Right on Alex.

That puts you here at 7am tomorrow.

What a trip.

I think it will work out. I sent one of my workers to the Ford dealer to help them swap my brakes on to the new housing...should get the car back in an hour or so. I am already packed and have a friend that agreed to take the day off work, so it is hurry up and wait, then get on the road. My car will be the filthiest one there after 1100 miles!! Hopefully I will have the energy after the 17 hour trip to wash it..LOL

Alex

I think it will work out. I sent one of my workers to the Ford dealer to help them swap my brakes on to the new housing...should get the car back in an hour or so. I am already packed and have a friend that agreed to take the day off work, so it is hurry up and wait, then get on the road. My car will be the filthiest one there after 1100 miles!! Hopefully I will have the energy after the 17 hour trip to wash it..LOL

Alex

What's the plan when you roll into town at 7am ?

I will call you now.

What time will this big group be arriving ? I want to be very ready for your arrival. :happy feet:

The southbound to Grabberville convoy hopes to be there around 10 am, give or take. Rob we'll give you a call as we get closer.

Today has been a busy day getting everything all ready.

Got the big barby ready - Check.

Got the lawn mowed and edged - check.

Got some more ice - check.

Got all the food and drinks here at the house to feed a bazillion people - check.

Got the ladder out for the roof top photo shoot - check.

Got the porta potty in position - check.

Got some lawn furniture out in the yard - check.

Got little white flags in place where all the cars will be parked - check.

Got the bull horn all ready so I can yell at Joker45 - check. :hysterical:

Tomorrow morning I will be setting up 10 tables and 60 chairs for an eating area - check.

Tomorrow I need more ice. :banghead:

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009016.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009018.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009019.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009020.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009021.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009022.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009023.jpg

PacificNWMeetandGreet2009024.jpg

Well, the meet and greet has already started.............I ran into Glen and Lisa ( glroy ) today on the Ferry from Vancouver Island :happy feet: . I figured anyone with a Shelby heading toward Battle Ground must be part of the Team Shelby family.

Nice vert Glen, she's a beauty.

I just talked to Joker. Robert and Stephanie are driving from calif and they will be here in 3-1/2 hours. They are currently going thru grants pass.

Alex is driving from Palm springs and he will be here at 9am. He has a switch off driver with him.

I'm meeting Bad tony in Battleground for dinner very soon. Dan - Ya wanna come ?

I just talked to Joker. Robert and Stephanie are driving from calif and they will be here in 3-1/2 hours. They are currently going thru grants pass.

Alex is driving from Palm springs and he will be here at 9am. He has a swithc off driver with him.

I'm meeting Bad tony in Battleground for dinner very soon. Dan - Ya wanna come ?

Thanks Rob, I'd love to, but Marji and I are visiting with my Dad, and watching the Laker game. Do you need any help setting up tomorrow morning? I'm up and about around 6 am.

Thanks Rob, I'd love to, but Marji and I are visiting with my Dad, and watching the Laker game. Do you need any help setting up tomorrow morning? I'm up and about around 6 am.

Not much left to set up. Just the tables and chairs and Chuck is coming over at 8am to help me do that. Should take only 15 minutes work.

Then it's party time.

...oh ya Dan, if you want to come over early for coffee and muffins...please do. Several folks are coming at 9am and I will be out and about at 8am for sure.

Hmmmmm, coffee and muffins, I'll see you at 9am.

Dan

joker45 and I traveled most if the way together. Met up in Anderson, ca. Played follow the leader until Portland. I peeled off and went to my moms. Too tired to even see how my car looks. I'll give a good scrub in the morning to get rid of the road crime, bugs and transmission fluid from the prius I got stuck behind coming out of Anderson.

See you all in the morning.

Just finished washing and detailing Jokers SS at my place. Then we jacked is SS up and adjusted his new KR mufflers so the in and out alignment was perfect on the tail pipes. It was nice having Joker and his SS in my shop tonight to pal around with.

Sat will be a blast. Time to get some sleep.

I am certainly the craziest one coming...still on the road....4:35 am...been in rain, wind, Los Angeles traffic... driving with a customer/friend an are alternating driving...so far I have driven 12 hours straight...now am checking emails on my laptop, then having a nap. Just got into Oregon...have averaged over 21 mpg with 653 RWHP and 3.73 gears...as tired as I am, I am having a blast...see you guys soon...

I am certainly the craziest one coming...still on the road....4:35 am...been in rain, wind, Los Angeles traffic... driving with a customer/friend an are alternating driving...so far I have driven 12 hours straight...now am checking emails on my laptop, then having a nap. Just got into Oregon...have averaged over 21 mpg with 653 RWHP and 3.73 gears...as tired as I am, I am having a blast...see you guys soon...

I don't think there is an argument there. That is some serious dedication in getting to a great party. :happy feet: the distances some of you folks are traveling is impressive. Makes my 60 miles look like a run to the corner grocery. :shrug:

OK...Tana just woke me up. Time to showere and make the final preperations for the party. I am so excited about this years meet and greet party. So many good people coming that I have never met and some that I only see seldom.

What a day.

Life is good.

:happy feet:

Archived