TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3rd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. May 30th 2009

Grabber

Well I wish I was were you are... I came up North due to the Navy. We were in Jacksonville FL and loved it.

Jim

Some time Jim you just want out of the yearly oven, and see some mountains, but winter their is no better place to be. :dance:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sent out a PM to all the members that have sent me a RSVP for next Friday. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Next Sat. May 30th is the Pacific NW Meet and Greet party at my house. The layout of the cars has been adjusted to fit everyone and still have plenty of room to stretch out. We have about 50 cars coming and that means about 100 people. My wife and I have been getting all the lunch stuff ready. We will be purchasing all the meat the day before the event so it's fresh.

If you have decided not to come….I NEED TO KNOW, because I am picking up enough food for everyone. I will cover the costs and you guys can pay me when you get here. $15 bucks a couple or $7.50 per person will cover all the expenses for the days event.

We are going to be taking a beautiful ride up the Columbia River Gorge to the Vista House at Crown Point and then looping down to Multnomah falls. The ride is 40.3 miles and takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The views are breath taking. The address to the vista House is 40700 E Historic Columbia Rive, Corbett, OR 97019.

Here is the link to the Vista House and the falls.

http://www.oregon.com/trips/vista_house.cfm

http://www.oregon.com/trips/multnomah_falls.cfm

We will then be going out to dinner at the DRAGON KING Restaurant. They serve Cantonese @ Mandarin Cuisine. They have a huge banquet room that I have reserved for us to use. I told them we would be there around 6pm or so. They will have a buffet set up that is very good. Tana and I have been going to this Chinese restaurant since 1989. The location is right off the freeway in Vancouver WA and I have scoped out a great parking plan. The address to the Dragon King is: 1401 NE 78th Street, Vancouver WA 98685. Here is the link to there website. The cost of dinner is $10.50 per person….+ 15% tip. It's all you can eat with desert. Great food with great friends.

http://www.dragonking78.com/page27.php

Please let me know if you are going to dinner with us so I can give them a head count. I told them that about 40 or 50 people would be interested. They have room for more if needed.

My home address where the party is:

Rob & Tana

Address: In PM

Mobile phone: In PM

Home Phone: In PM

When you arrive…I will have directions for the ride and to the restaurant in case anyone gets lost and does not have a nav system.

See you Sat. May 30th. Come early if you want. I will be out and about by 8am setting up. Ready at 9am for early birds to have coffee and park there cars or clean them up.

BE SURE TO ARRIVE WITH PLENTY OF GAS IN YOUR TANK !!!!!! It's to hard for a group this big to pull into a gas station.

Rob,

Dave and Sherri for dinner. We'll make sure our southbound convoy fuels up before getting to Grabberville. There will be about 18 of us coming south. We will have 2-way radios with us, we'll make sure both you and Tana have radios. So if any one from the south(Ore, Cal) has radios bring them along. It was hard enough keeping all of us together last year, 50 is going to be challenging, but very cool.

YAHOOOOO can't wait. Only six days to go, weather is supposed to be great.

Rob,

Dave and Sherri for dinner. We'll make sure our southbound convoy fuels up before getting to Grabberville. There will be about 18 of us coming south. We will have 2-way radios with us, we'll make sure both you and Tana have radios. So if any one from the south(Ore, Cal) has radios bring them along. It was hard enough keeping all of us together last year, 50 is going to be challenging, but very cool.

What kind of radio and what frequencies???

If there is any hams - I have a repeater on Yacolt Mountain on 441.200 PL 107.2 w/IRLP #3599

My call sign is KC7NQU & Bev's is KC7NQT :lurk:

Chuck

What kind of radio and what frequencies???

If there is any hams - I have a repeater on Yacolt Mountain on 441.200 PL 107.2 w/IRLP #3599

My call sign is KC7NQU & Bev's is KC7NQT :lurk:

Chuck

We'll be on Ch 5. They're just radio shack type 2-way cobra style.

Rob,

I gotcha down for dinner.

I have 2 of the radio shack type radios. I will put new batterys in them.

We'll be on Ch 5. They're just radio shack type 2-way cobra style.

I'am full of questions bear w/me --I bet you are meaning CB type of radio's

FRS & GMRS radio's have ch 5 but they are not CB's - If I look I bet I can find

a CB HT(handheld) somewhere. Radio shack sells many diff types of radio's

like I mentioned in the cobra style. Sorry but these things come up when you

do amateur radio (ham). Life doesn't get complicated till some dumb a$$ makes

it that way. :headscratch: Hope your having a good weekend

I'am full of questions bear w/me --I bet you are meaning CB type of radio's

FRS & GMRS radio's have ch 5 but they are not CB's - If I look I bet I can find

a CB HT(handheld) somewhere. Radio shack sells many diff types of radio's

like I mentioned in the cobra style. Sorry but these things come up when you

do amateur radio (ham). Life doesn't get complicated till some dumb a$$ makes

it that way. :headscratch: Hope your having a good weekend

That's OK good buddy, :hysterical: they're just plain, cheap radios. I think we paid about 40.00 @radio shack. They are rechargable and work pretty good for about 2-5 mile range(maybe more). I don't know diddly about radios, club member told us to buy these so we did.

That's OK good buddy, :hysterical: they're just plain, cheap radios. I think we paid about 40.00 @radio shack. They are rechargable and work pretty good for about 2-5 mile range(maybe more). I don't know diddly about radios, club member told us to buy these so we did.

:shift: Thanks -- see you nx Sat -- :shift:

By the way joker, if you switch channels, sometimes the radio will give you the right answers :idea:

Sometimes I just turn it to a place that just has static and listen for the voices too! :hysterical:

Rob,

Count Kathy & Curt in for dinner

Mustangs007.jpg

Archived