TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jacked UP!!/Car at SAI

jwbeav

My car just arrived yesterday (Friday, Feb 27th) at SAI for the SS conversion. After a little over a year of being on the waiting list it is finally about to happen, a true dream come true. I was originally signed up for the 605 package but because of the advice on this board as well as the potential future value of the car I have decided to go with the 725 package. Cynthia sent me pic's of the car's arrival and has been a true pleasure to deal with.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who chime in with specifics about your car, especially MM. This board is bad ... and I hope to meet some of you some day.

Take care, and Shelby forever. Watch out for the Black Knight...

Glad to hear it arrived safe and sound. What State do you live in? I was just wondering if you'll be having bad weather when it returns home.

I live in Bend, Oregon. They said it takes approx. 8 weeks for the conversion so it will be end of April or early May when it is completed. I sure hope with the global warming going on it will be nice by then...

I live in Bend, Oregon. They said it takes approx. 8 weeks for the conversion so it will be end of April or early May when it is completed. I sure hope with the global warming going on it will be nice by then...

Congrats.happy%20feet.gif It's amazing how much more fun these Shelby's are with the SS upgrade.

You should make plans to attend Grabbers PNW Meet & Greet. Rob and Tana host a great gathering.

Congrats.happy%20feet.gif It's amazing how much more fun these Shelby's are with the SS upgrade.

You should make plans to attend Grabbers PNW Meet & Greet. Rob and Tana host a great gathering.

I am going down to pick the car up and meet the folks at SAI. They have been great with answering all of my questions and I would like to thank them in person. I also want to drive that baby home...

When and where is the PNW Meet and Greet? Would love to attend assuming it isn't too far away and on a bad weekend.

I can't wait to get my car back!!! Been losing some sleep over it with pure excitement as a matter of fact!!!

I am going down to pick the car up and meet the folks at SAI. They have been great with answering all of my questions and I would like to thank them in person. I also want to drive that baby home...

When and where is the PNW Meet and Greet? Would love to attend assuming it isn't too far away and on a bad weekend.

I can't wait to get my car back!!! Been losing some sleep over it with pure excitement as a matter of fact!!!

congrats, I know how you feel, mine is also being done right now, sleepless nights, my wife doesn't understand. Us gearheads have a BAD disease. All the best enjoy your SS

Al :hysterical:

congrats, I know how you feel, mine is also being done right now, sleepless nights, my wife doesn't understand. Us gearheads have a BAD disease. All the best enjoy your SS

Al :hysterical:

What is this engine capable of while being structurally sound and bullet proof, 725 hp and it sounds like you guys are driving the hell out of them with no major issues, that is amazing and speaks volumes for that motor.

What is this engine capable of while being structurally sound and bullet proof, 725 hp and it sounds like you guys are driving the hell out of them with no major issues, that is amazing and speaks volumes for that motor.

Good question and not sure about the answer. I think the forged pistons and rods definitely help as that is the strongest way to produce steel parts. If you look on youtube Jasit390 has taken his car to a bunch of track days and seems to be pushing it to its limits. As far as I know he hasn't had any engine or transmission problems.

The PNW meet and greet will be Sat. May 30th, in Vancouver, WA. Try to make it, loads of fun.

These 725hp SS's are amazing cars. All the power you could want. Scary, real scary fast.

Have a safe trip.

Dan

The PNW meet and greet will be Sat. May 30th, in Vancouver, WA. Try to make it, loads of fun.

These 725hp SS's are amazing cars. All the power you could want. Scary, real scary fast.

Have a safe trip.

Dan

I will try to make it as that isn't far from Bend.

I plan to take it very easy with the car until I learn its limits. 725HP is obviously a peel out/spin out waiting to happen.

Archived