TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race weekend in Vegas

frydguy79

if you did not make Vegas for the race you are missing one heck of a good time!!!!

Shelby really did a great JOB, every thing is fantastic, after i get home i will post a few pics

and meeting lots of new Team members from every where, even a couple of aussie blokes :hysterical: that have the Mod shop

THANKS TEAM SHELBY!!!

and after 1st hand and up close with the 427 package, i sure wished i'd signed up in time to be a KING for the weekend, it really was a STEAL :happy feet:

after the gathering tonite, heads will roll :hysterical3: probably mostly on beer mugs :happy feet:

Since the race on Sunday happens to be on my birthday..I fell really crappy for not being able to make this event...and I am sure it is an event... :banghead::doh::censored:

Just seing the Super Snake 427 pace car in front of the field at the Saturday race makes me feel really left out...

if you did not make Vegas for the race you are missing one heck of a good time!!!!

Shelby really did a great JOB, every thing is fantastic, after i get home i will post a few pics

and meeting lots of new Team members from every where, even a couple of aussie blokes :hysterical: that have the Mod shop

THANKS TEAM SHELBY!!!

and after 1st hand and up close with the 427 package, i sure wished i'd signed up in time to be a KING for the weekend, it really was a STEAL :happy feet:

after the gathering tonite, heads will roll :hysterical3: probably mostly on beer mugs :happy feet:

GREAT WEEKEND :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: and I agree, the 427 package looks MUCH better in person ( you were correct Bud ).

I should of pulled the trigger on that one. :banghead:

I had a great time there too! I traveled home all day today to find (and plow, and shovel...) 9" of fresh snow. What a contrast!!

SAI did a great job during this event from everything I saw and heard.

Hello TS,

The Fox guys said the track was dusty or sandy. Was there a lot of particulate in the air? Sorry I could not be there. The tv coverage was very good. I guess this track is shorter and faster than most. How fast did the Shelby SS pace car get up to? Carroll looked and sounded great! What a hot rodder!

Cheers,

ceswert

SS073,427

GREAT WEEKEND :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: and I agree, the 427 package looks MUCH better in person ( you were correct Bud ).

I should of pulled the trigger on that one. :banghead:

I was dropping off my GT500 to have the 427 pacakage installed and there was two SS owners in the office trying to get Bud to install the 427 emblems on their cars while in the shop. Apparently they had declined the 427 emblems when they saw the photos but after seeing them in person, changed their minds. I thought the pics looked good but they really looked good in person

The weekend was fantastic! For me it started with picking up my 427 White Convertible, seeing Bud, Adrienne, and Cynthia! I couldn't have been more pleased with the way the side emblem had turned out. Even the graphics this time were embroidered into the headrest instead of being a cover like on the Super Snake.

Unfortunately we missed the qualifying event.

The next day at the cafe when I pulled up in the car I had people coming over to admire, ask questions, and photograph it. Everyone had good things to say.

The Sam's Club 300 was eventful, the weather was nice, and the seating was good.

The Harley Davidson event was one not to miss, with the cars that were displayed, and the people that came. It was great getting together with many team members that I had not really had much of an opportunity to chat with at the Birthday Bash, and meeting new ones. The car was a hit there also, again many questions, and photo's. Even had a girl fall backwards into the car over the passenger door.

On both days the Shelby Booth was hopping! Lot's of stuff to look at, and buy! I was lucky enough to have my car on display there on Sunday, and was a little overwhelmed with the amount of attention that it received. I have to give a special thanks to Gary, Pat, and the guy that cleaned it. (Unfortunately I can't remember his name) Also a big thank you to Glenn (from Quantum) for policing the car when I was at the races. People just can't get enough of it. Again I was told 2 girls just decided to go in get a feel for the car. (must be a chick magnet)

Before the race Donny B. had a tail-gate get together, and many members showed up for that. Donny thank your wife for a great Brat!

There's been enough said about the main race that I wont expand on that subject.

Thank you all for a great time! I look forward to the next.....

All the best....

Rick

Archived