TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OMG - We won a car

dh777

I was entered in a raffle for a 2009 vista blue V6 base model automatic. :party: :party2: We won the car :happy feet: :yahoo::woohoo: . Time to start talking about turning it into a Terlingua :idea::spend: . Looking at the Terlingua brochure, they have a package for the Vista blue and Bud said they can do an automatic :rockon: . So let's see how this will go. A blue Terlingua with a gray rabbit would look great next to my 2008 blue SGT with silver stripes :banvictory:

what kind of raffle did you enter?

It felt like it was yesterday when you were speaking of this raffle as well as the Terlingua transformation.

Either you are extremely lucky or no one else entered.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Congrats on winning a Mustang!!

I wish we had raffles like this where I live, but we don't.

Thanks everyone

It was a raffle for a local High School. The school colors are blue and silver. I went there many years ago. The past few years they have been holding this raffle to fund after prom activities to keep the graduating seniors out of trouble and to buy give-away items to encourage them to come (TVs, Xboxes, computers). I try and buy tickets every year. This year it was looking like they may not have enough tickets to even pay for the car. They where trying to sell 2009 tickets, I bought 30 tickets ($25 each or 5 for $100). The school ended up raising plenty of money.

I'm actually trying to see about a slightly different car. I did not realize the ABS brakes were so uncommon on V6s. I thing the car is really going to need it if we go for the full Terlingua package.

Congrats on winning the Mustang.

About ABS, it did take us a while to track down a used 07 V6 with the "safety" package, ABS and TCS, which we really wanted

because our 16 yr uses this one as a daily drive..

I'm actually trying to see about a slightly different car. I did not realize the ABS brakes were so uncommon on V6s. I thing the car is really going to need it if we go for the full Terlingua package.

I don't know about the 6 piston Exteme Plus System but Baer does make a GT Plus (like on the CS-6) system for the non-ABS cars. If they don't have a non-ABS Extreme Plus system, you can probably have the Terlinqua conversion modified to use the GT Plus non-ABS system instead. I doubt there is really all that much difference in the performance between the 2 systems. The Extreme Plus system uses 6 pistons and wide pads. The GT Plus has 2 larger pistons and deeper pads. They both use 14 inch rotors.

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/shelby.php

"These systems will work on all 2005*+ Mustangs, including variations manufactured by

Shelby*

Roush*

Saleen*

Steeda*

* Except vehicles equipped with the V6 engine that DO NOT have factory equipped ABS. Please contact Baer by clicking here or call us at 602-233-1411 for information on systems for NON-ABS, V6 models"

Well it took a bit of dealing and a lot of work- but we traded the base model V6 up to a premium with ABS and a glass roof. This could start to get interesting now.

I will have to add - for anyone in the Houston area - Tomball Ford is the hardest dealer I have ever worked with. They will not do deals, even when there is a lot of money in it for them. On the other hand. Varsity Ford in College Station was one of the most helpful dealers that I have ever worked with.

Well it took a bit of dealing and a lot of work- but we traded the base model V6 up to a premium with ABS and a glass roof. This could start to get interesting now.

I will have to add - for anyone in the Houston area - Tomball Ford is the hardest dealer I have ever worked with. They will not do deals, even when there is a lot of money in it for them. On the other hand. Varsity Ford in College Station was one of the most helpful dealers that I have ever worked with.

Congrats that is really killer. I want to get an 09 Vista Blue with the glass roof and a 5 speed to turn into a Terlingua I still might do it.

Does your car have an automatic or the 5 speed?

So you spent $600 bucks on the raffle that is pretty cheap for a new car. How much in Tax and everything else did you have to pay?

I spent $250 for one ticket to win a KR, that drawing is one day before my 36th birthday this Summer in June, that would make one hell of a birthday present if I win.

Archived