TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPGRADING LOWER CONTROL ARMS,UPPER 3RD LINK

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY MOD LIST TOGETHER. I WAS LOOKING AT UPGRADING

MY SHELBY GT'S LOWER CONTROL ARMS AND UPPER 3RD LINK. IS THIS MODS NEEDED FOR

THE SGT. AS A FOOT NOTE, I WILL BE EVENTUALLY GETTING CALLED INTO SHELBY FOR THE

SUPER CHARGER UPGRADE PACKAGE.

THANKS FOR THE TECH. ADVICE

SCOTTY

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY MOD LIST TOGETHER. I WAS LOOKING AT UPGRADING

MY SHELBY GT'S LOWER CONTROL ARMS AND UPPER 3RD LINK. IS THIS MODS NEEDED FOR

THE SGT. AS A FOOT NOTE, I WILL BE EVENTUALLY GETTING CALLED INTO SHELBY FOR THE

SUPER CHARGER UPGRADE PACKAGE.

THANKS FOR THE TECH. ADVICE

SCOTTY

BUMP FOR SOME TECH HELP !!!

I installed an adjustible upper 3rd link along with a one piece aluminum dr. shaft. I needed the upper link to set my pinion angle on account car being lowered with D.S. If you are going to s/c then i would install lower control arms. The control arms are stamped steel and flimsy compared to after-market. I'm going to be installing the Steeda billet control arm in a couple of months. With the new control arms you can elimate wheel hop that you will have with the s/c. I will probably get my arms from Brenspeed.com. They seem to have the best price and they are very helpful.Good-luck

If your interested, I have a Steeda upper3rd link sitting around... I'll cut you a deal if you are interested. PM me.

Question because I'm interested...

Is this the lowered or stock version?

I'll buy it from you let me know.

The adj. 3rd link is nesseary if you change to a one piece drive shaft. You would need to set the pinion angle for the D.S. but if you leave D.S. alone then i see no need for one. The one piece aluminum D.S. is a good mod but a little pricey.

I just bought a Dynotech aluminum driveshaft and I was not aware that I would need an adjustible upper 3rd link. There no mention of this reqirement at all from the venders when I was looking at driveshafts but if it is nessacary to make it right I'm all for it since I was planning on getting one anyway.

Who makes a good one and what should I look for before buying one?

I just bought a Dynotech aluminum driveshaft and I was not aware that I would need an adjustible upper 3rd link. There no mention of this reqirement at all from the venders when I was looking at driveshafts but if it is nessacary to make it right I'm all for it since I was planning on getting one anyway.

i have bmr upper and steede lowers i made one mistake when i lowerd my car u need to put a relocation braket for the lower control arm what a big diff at the track

Do you mind if we ask the price of the driveshaft and if you had it installed the price?

Do you mind if we ask the price of the driveshaft and if you had it installed the price?

$729 was the price and it's not installed yet. It was supposed to be installed today along with my 3:73's but I had to cancell because of the weather down here(tornado warnings,possible hail etc..)No way was I going to drive 80 miles through that. They were not going to charge me for the DS install just $400 for the gear swap.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mus...veshaft-p-20877

I bought my Steeda adj. 3rd link from Steeda. It is highly recommended you install a 3rd link if you install a one piece d.s. in a car that is lowered one and one half in. lower or more . if you don't then your car's d.s. will be running at such an angle that you will wear out the u-joints quicker and the shaft will not run as smooth. I called several places about drive-shafts and all of them said you should change to a adj. 3rd link to set the pinion angle. I belive i paid 179.00 or 189.00 for my 3rd link. I bought my 4 in. shaft from axle exchange for 699.00 + shipping. Great mod but pricey. I also just installed 410 gears and they are not near to low a gear for these cars. Gears are best mod i have done hands down.

I have the Lightening force Performance upper 3rd, adjustable.

They're all pretty good. I loked at how the welds looked and the overall strength.

I believe that after you have set the pinion angle, if you bump up your HP at some later date, you should re-set your angle, pre-loaded for expected power at WOT.

I plan lower CA's and a watts link this spring and maybe Shelby Paxton SC in the fall..?

I still need a DS safety loop.

NewUCA01.jpg

NewDS01.jpg

I have the Lightening force Performance upper 3rd, adjustable.

They're all pretty good. I loked at how the welds looked and the overall strength.

I believe that after you have set the pinion angle, if you bump up your HP at some later date, you should re-set your angle, pre-loaded for expected power at WOT.

I plan lower CA's and a watts link this spring and maybe Shelby Paxton SC in the fall..?

I still need a DS safety loop.

NewUCA01.jpg

NewDS01.jpg

Thanks, for the reply and the pictures, the Lightning force looks well made and stout. I went ahead and ordered the Metco unit this weekend along with the heavy duty brace, they also have a nice looking loop that requires no drilling.

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail...05F&cat=102

Thanks, for the reply and the pictures, the Lightning force looks well made and stout. I went ahead and ordered the Metco unit this weekend along with the heavy duty brace, they also have a nice looking loop that requires no drilling.

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail...05F&cat=102

That looks real nice. :)

I notice that is labeled for the GT500. I'm not sure it matters, but if you have the SGT, you probably need to talk to them to let them know your car is lowered, etc... It would suck if you had to replace.

Dan

That looks real nice. :)

I notice that is labeled for the GT500. I'm not sure it matters, but if you have the SGT, you probably need to talk to them to let them know your car is lowered, etc... It would suck if you had to replace.

Dan

You got me thinking on that one, even though the description said 2005 & Newer Mustang, Shelby GT500 and it was in the 2005+ Mustang section I called and varified that it will work on a SGT. Guess it will work on both.

Jeff

Archived