TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Mod Shop

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just thinking how sweet it must feel to be you getting your SGT SC'd.... got me. :hysterical:

Put a Whipple or Kenne Bell on you SGT and you will have a hard time wiping that grin off your face after you drive it.

post-8704-1235693311_thumb.jpg

Just a FYI, it has been stated that the calls will not start until March 2, 2009.

Chris

Ok after March 2nd we all didn't catch that. I think I was just wanting some feedback since my car and most everyone elses cars have thousands of miles on them. I know this, if my car would have came from SAI with an SC, Big Brakes, Brake Ducts and Driving Lights, Gauge package etc...I would not have driven it as much as I have. The car would have been to rare. But I am still thinking about it seriously, but not quite there yet.

Ok after March 2nd we all didn't catch that. I think I was just wanting some feedback since my car and most everyone elses cars have thousands of miles on them. I know this, if my car would have came from SAI with an SC, Big Brakes, Brake Ducts and Driving Lights, Gauge package etc...I would not have driven it as much as I have. The car would have been to rare. But I am still thinking about it seriously, but not quite there yet. That is a lot of coin for a car that has depreciated almost 40% since new and has over 12K miles on it- Just don't know yet.

40%? What book are you using?

Ok after March 2nd we all didn't catch that. I think I was just wanting some feedback since my car and most everyone elses cars have thousands of miles on them. I know this, if my car would have came from SAI with an SC, Big Brakes, Brake Ducts and Driving Lights, Gauge package etc...I would not have driven it as much as I have. The car would have been to rare. But I am still thinking about it seriously, but not quite there yet. That is a lot of coin for a car that has depreciated almost 40% since new and has over 12K miles on it- Just don't know yet.

Swede,

We (you and me) are in our second year of this discussion. I thought I had you convinced back in late 2008. I don't know if I can hypnotize you from California but I will try . . . close your eyes . . . think of that photo of Clark's SGT with the KB on it . . . with the big brakes on it . . . with the gauge package . . . with the brake ducts . . . think of how you would feel with all that stuff on yours . . . think of the feel when you take it to boost in second gear at about 2500 RPMs . . .

So, when are you sending it to SAI? You KNOW you want to do it. ;)

Jim

Swede,

We (you and me) are in our second year of this discussion. I thought I had you convinced back in late 2008. I don't know if I can hypnotize you from California but I will try . . . close your eyes . . . think of that photo of Clark's SGT with the KB on it . . . with the big brakes on it . . . with the gauge package . . . with the brake ducts . . . think of how you would feel with all that stuff on yours . . . think of the feel when you take it to boost in second gear at about 2500 RPMs . . .

Jim

Jim - THAT WAS PRICELESS!!!!

".....Uh, Hello....yes, I'm looking for Bud Mahony...thanks, I'll hold....yes, that's right could you send a transport to Atlanta for a Shelby GT pick up tomorrow? No, I don't have a reservation, but Jim said it would be OK for me to call...OK, I'll have it ready tomorrow."

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Andy.

Swede,

Jim

All that missing is Clark writing the check for it...........other then that very nice.

All that missing is Clark writing the check for it...........other then that very nice.

Tough crowd! I thought the new economic stimulus package would have money in it to pay for things like this. Why not? The money would go for goods (all the neat stuff put on your car) and services (the labor to put all that neat stuff on your car). What am I missing? :lol:

Jim

Ok after March 2nd we all didn't catch that. I think I was just wanting some feedback since my car and most everyone elses cars have thousands of miles on them. I know this, if my car would have came from SAI with an SC, Big Brakes, Brake Ducts and Driving Lights, Gauge package etc...I would not have driven it as much as I have. The car would have been to rare. But I am still thinking about it seriously, but not quite there yet.

Swede, I wish you were a little closer, I'd have you drive our car. After grabbing second and third gear, I think you'd be sold. Remember the long discussion we had about the chrome razors????????.........So you gotta trust me on this. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! Yes it will cost you some money, but we don't regret spending any of it. It makes it a truly unique car. Remember there's only two Shelby GT/SC"s done @SAI in the state of Washington, both Paxton' s, that I know of. If you and McCoyStudio do the KB or Whipples, you're still in pretty rare company. I'm not worried about deprecation, because I'm not selling the car.

If you're still not sure by May, come to Grabbers. Weather permitting we will be there.

SWEDE- For crying out loud you are in the PNW?? Right on, I am in trust me I am driving my car down to SAI when I can. Dave I thought yours was a Paxton but the other was a KB? Guess not. I still look forward to meeting all the PNW guys hopefully this year.

Look Swede you just need to sell the car, get a ZO6 or something or s/c the thing, or love it as is. You have been talking about this since I got on the forum in July 07. You know you want the hp.... :hysterical::drool:

And now your dreakm has arrived s/c at SAI... :happy feet: :dreamy:

Tough crowd! I thought the new economic stimulus package would have money in it to pay for things like this. Why not? The money would go for goods (all the neat stuff put on your car) and services (the labor to put all that neat stuff on your car). What am I missing? :lol:

Jim

I agree! If we can spend 7 billion $$ on a bullet train to Las Vegas we could have all our cars SC'd for pocket change! All American labor with all American superchargers! :happy feet:

Ya, I want it bad. Now if Bud will call and the wife gives me runway clearance to do it? I love my car as is, but the package would just make it everything I wanted from the gate. I wonder if they would do my hood scoop when it was down there? I also wonder if it will ever really happen.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Mccoy - Was a Seattle man, Now a Southern Washington man. Same "state" of mind! :hysterical:

Bump. Did anyone get a call today about upgrading the Shelby GT's? ? I am interested,, just luke warm right now. I also am surprised that there is not more attention on this, I thought a lot of people would be playing with SAI and wanting these mods? I guess they have called the bluff maybe?

Sigh...I just used the last of our TARP funds on a huge party for upper-manangement, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer!

Sam

AKA:

Sam, don't be so hard on yourself. You did the right thing. Upper management is made up of real people with real problems, too. Do you have any idea of the pain they are going through right now? Your party was probably the last time they got to enjoy caviar and imported Champagne. You are a good man to think of others during such a tough time. B)

Jim

I think whole thing of SAI doing Shelby GT upgrades is a total PR move. They waited too long to do something and now it is likely too late. I mean just think if they called people like they said they'd do and were turned down by Shelby GT owners, that would just ruin their credibility bigtime and would be a total PR SNAFU. I say they know it is a day late and a dollar short!

I wish they'd prove me wrong, but I don't think so. I'll keep this thread alive just the same-

Bump. Did anyone get a call today about upgrading the Shelby GT's? ? I am interested,, just luke warm right now. I also am surprised that there is not more attention on this, I thought a lot of people would be playing with SAI and wanting these mods? I guess they have called the bluff maybe?

I think there are more than a few things that have come together and conspired that might account for the lack of demand you think you see. Which BTW might be an incorrect impression as Bud posted below that he has 70 people on the list.

Here are a few off the top of my head:

1. These mods are already available and have been available for some time

2. The cost to ship to Vegas isn't substantially different than RI or TX

3. The cache of having it done in Vegas may not be as big a draw as it might have been in years 1 & 2

4. Those that REALLY wanted these mods ala carte got them over the last two years

5. The current economic environment makes it hard for some of us to justify the expense

6. With the price/value of the GT500 falling it's sometimes more attractive to go that route

7. With the price/value of the SGT falling it's hard for some of us to justify the expense now in relation to value

8. Concern over the long term value of registry validation of mods where it simply won't offset additional costs involved

9. The continuing rumors of a GT350 coming later in 10 or 11

10. People have been/are waiting/hoping for a SS like package for the SGT that's as well balanced and thought through as the car

For me I think a SS like package for the SGT would have a MUCH broader and deeper appeal to me than an ala carte order what you want offering. That's really what I've been waiting for and absent that, I'll probably end up keeping the car as is, or applying any mod money I can come up with to the purchase of a new or used GT500 if I really feel the need for speed.

My 2 cents!

Very well thought out and good post. I agree with your thoughts about the Shelby GT and the price to value ratio of the upgrades now available, it really might not be worth it. The SS package for a Shelby GT would bring stronger attention and would separate the few who would spend that type of money vs those who have just bought it from the SPP catalog not caring about the pedigree. I think that will hurt in the long run. There will be those who will do it but for the most part it appears they missed the opportunity. For me, I just can't spend that type of coin when I am thinking 2010 GT500!

EDITED:

I think whole thing of SAI doing Shelby GT upgrades is a total PR move. They waited too long to do something and now it is likely too late. I mean just think if they called people like they said they'd do and were turned down by Shelby GT owners, that would just ruin their credibility bigtime and would be a total PR SNAFU. I say they know it is a day late and a dollar short!

I wish they'd prove me wrong, but I don't think so. I'll keep this thread alive just the same-

PR move? I don't get what you are saying here. We did open 2-3 other shops to help with SGT mods, Super Snakes ans 40th's, while we were reorganizing our shop--now we have 39 lifts up and running full time, we are calling in the SGT's. People have asked for a choice and we gave it to them. I have already have the first 4 on the way. I still have a pretty big list of people who are going to bring their vehicles in. 90-95% of them are comfirmed. Out of 70+ people, I would say that is pretty good. And if anybody is on my list and does not wish to be on it anymore, please let me know so I can move the next person up on the list.

Dave, I do value your opinions, but I will ask you nicely if you have an issue, bring it to me personally. I will not bring it to the boards. I am doing everything in my power to help everybody out there. This goes for getting the SGT's in, helping out with the 40th's, SS, GTR's, Prudhomme's,427 package, etc. As you can see, my plate is pretty full. I will do all I can do to help out. Sometimes people like it, sometimes not. But I try.

Bud

PR move? I don't get what you are saying here. We did open 2-3 other shops to help with SGT mods, Super Snakes ans 40th's, while we were reorganizing our shop--now we have 39 lifts up and running full time, we are calling in the SGT's. People have asked for a choice and we gave it to them. I have already have the first 4 on the way. I still have a pretty big list of people who are going to bring their vehicles in. 90-95% of them are comfirmed. Out of 70+ people, I would say that is pretty good. And if anybody is on my list and does not wish to be on it anymore, please let me know so I can move the next person up on the list.

Dave, I do value your opinions, but I will ask you nicely if you have an issue, bring it to me personally. I will not bring it to the boards. I am doing everything in my power to help everybody out there. This goes for getting the SGT's in, helping out with the 40th's, SS, GTR's, Prudhomme's,427 package, etc. As you can see, my plate is pretty full. I will do all I can do to help out. Sometimes people like it, sometimes not. But I try.

Bud

BUD,

IT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING WHEN SOMEONE FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN COMPLAINS

OR MAKES FALSE CLAIMS OR ACCUSATIONS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM TRY AND FILL

YOUR SHOES. SOME PEOPLE FIND IT THEIR JOB TO BECOME AN ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACKS.

I FOR ONE HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF INTERACTION THROUGH E-MAILS AND PHONE CALLS

WITH BUD. HE HAS RETURN ALL MY CALLS AND E-MAIL IN A TIMELY MANNER.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BUD AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME RESPONDING TO THE

ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACKS OF THE WORLD . :hysterical:

SCOTTY

Bud:

Keep up the good work. I'm sure there are many that appreciate all you do for us.

I know that trying to complete customers orders and keep every customer satisfied can be an extremely challenging and difficult task at times.

Personally speaking, I know that you have answered my trivial questions in a timely manner without making me feel lesser of a person.

I would love to upgrade my SGT with a SC someday, but family comes first at this time.

Thanks to you and all those who work at SAI.

Thanks to Amy

and most of all....Thanks Carroll, for making my dream come true.

:D

BUD,

IT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING WHEN SOMEONE FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN COMPLAINS

OR MAKES FALSE CLAIMS OR ACCUSATIONS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM TRY AND FILL

YOUR SHOES. SOME PEOPLE FIND IT THEIR JOB TO BECOME AN ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACKS.

I FOR ONE HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF INTERACTION THROUGH E-MAILS AND PHONE CALLS

WITH BUD. HE HAS RETURN ALL MY CALLS AND E-MAIL IN A TIMELY MANNER.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BUD AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME RESPONDING TO THE

ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACKS OF THE WORLD . :hysterical:

SCOTTY

scotty - What? My post had 0, zilch, nada, nothing to do with Bud, nothing. It has to do with mods being done @ SAI with my personal opinion about timing, a PR move and mod value vs the actual cost in the car and what the car is worth in dollar value not emotional value. Also I questioned why SAI would take so long in getting this done when most people have already bought the parts from the SPP catalog. Now that Bud gave his personal opinion be known that my post did exactly what it was supposed to do, get the information that was wanted and needed from the only person who could provide it. This is something that should have been done 1.5 years ago not 2+ years after the car was sold. So when you start calling people names I can only believe that your the armchair quarterback screaming from his faux leather recliner trying to get attention from SAI's finest! I don't think you got any! :hysterical:

Archived