TEAM SHELBY FORUM

December Motor Trend

Snakehead

All that I can say is that I am damn proud to even be compared in this group/class of cars, and top it off with a full feature article in MT, probably the most repected Car Mag. out there. For you US guys out there I dont think you can get a Z06 Vette in Canada for under 100K and I know a guy that just bought a Viper Coupe and I'll bet he paid 200K plus for it. And my 57.5K car is being tested and compared in this class.

Say no more. :banana piano:

My point was - weren't all things equal?

I understood your point, and statement meant they were not precisely equal. If all of the cars were driven to their potential then the times would have been a little better for the GT500. My comparison was from experience, that unpracticed the vette hooks up a little better. The potential on the vette is more easily obtained. The Shelby takes a bit of practice for it to acheive its potential because it is more sensitive to RPM etc on launch. The vette doesn't care as much.

Your turn :stirpot:

Easy, now, Trigger!

Based on price - the Shelby is a no-brainer. Let's see - one Viper or two Shelby's... :hysterical:

And - with $10k in mods - a Viper Intimidator!

I was ONLY referring to the testers. I don't think it would be fair to give one car more prep time than another.

Do not forget what I drive, bro! :shift: It ain't a Chevy!

Easy, now, Trigger!

Based on price - the Shelby is a no-brainer. Let's see - one Viper or two Shelby's... :hysterical:

I was ONLY referring to the testers. I don't think it would be fair to give one car more prep time than another.

$10,000 in mods?? How about $1000.. W/ a tune and CAI I think the GT500 will squeeze under 12 or high 11's in the 1/4.. Vs. 12.1 viper 1/4 mile time.. :finger:

Easy, now, Trigger!

Sorry, wasnt meaning to sound like I was jumping you. Based on what I was laying on ya bro, if you give them all equally more practice time, the Shelby would have closed the gap. Back to the Enterprise, Beam me up Cheech :hysterical:

Nice to see the GT500 recognized as a supercar in the top 3 american rods. I also noted the traction issue because of tire size.. gt500 is only .6 seconds off of the Viper 1/4 mile time. It would be nice to see one of these reputable mags throw on a tune and some street slicks on the gt500 then run (beat) em on the 1/4 mile.. as an X Z06 owner thats my goal..

GO FOR IT. :hyper:

Okay - Cap'n Bob - you win!

My point was that bang for de buck - the FoMoCo Stallion is the Way to Ride. :shift:

Carnut - we are cool. We go back, hear? :happy feet:

Cool, while Im up here, Im gonna beam up a couple Shelby's. Let's see Alloy Dave got one Oh and Coldwaterhotrod got one. Locking in coodinates, shields down, gonna install a couple of warp drives and some photon torpedoes for them little nippers.

Energize, sorry guys :headspin:

Archived