TEAM SHELBY FORUM

December Motor Trend

Snakehead

Check out the latest article in the December Motor Trend. I thought it was a fair assessment of the car and it underscores the great value of the GT500.

I just went out & bought it & I noticed their was only a few left on the rack. Is it me or does anyone else notice that it seems like every time a magazine comes out with a 2007 Shelby GT500 on the cover their sold out in a matter of a day or two..... I'm just glad the stores don't charge an ADM for the magazines like the dealers do cars.

I just went out & bought it & I noticed their was only a few left on the rack. Is it me or does anyone else notice that it seems like every time a magazine comes out with a 2007 Shelby GT500 on the cover their sold out in a matter of a day or two..... I'm just glad the stores don't charge an ADM for the magazines like the dealers do cars.

Coldwater:

What's the latest you've heard concerning delivery on your car?

hsurb

Super.

Synopsis?

I'm not going to buy the issue for one article.

What does she do for them?

I'm a freelance writer. Is she, also? That would be very cool! :happy feet:

RUF, have you ever published a book? If so, I may want to talk to you.

P.S. Hate to create a full thread for this...so I'll tuck it in here....THANK YOU ROBERT LANE for changing my name. :happy feet:

Dave

You're thanking him for changing your name to Alloy Dave? :banghead:

I've not yet gotten either of my book manuscripts published, but I have pubished in newspapers and magazines. I've got a nuclear terrorism novel (like a Clancy book) I've been trying to get published - but it's a tough business! I've also written and directed two plays. Five bucks will get you a DVD of the most recent play - a spoof of Saturday Night Live.

Alloy Dave? (kidding - I like it - I'm not sure about you, though)

You're thanking him for changing your name to Alloy Dave? :banghead:

I've not yet gotten either of my book manuscripts published, but I have pubished in newspapers and magazines. I've got a nuclear terrorism novel (like a Clancy book) I've been trying to get published - but it's a tough business! I've also written and directed two plays. Five bucks will get you a DVD of the most recent play - a spoof of Saturday Night Live.

Alloy Dave? (kidding - I like it - I'm not sure about you, though)

Reason I asked about the book is that I'm writing one. I'd rather not discuss the topic (nothing shameful, but to protect my investment), but it's non-fiction...which I've been told is easier to get published. I have no idea what I'm doing from a "how do you publish a book" perspective, but I'm reading other books and articles to learn more. I've done some research, but it's always good to sound off of others who have been there. When I get a bit closer to making submissions and and writing proposals, I may ask for some help (of course based on all the :censored: I give you, you might just turn your nose up at me). :cry:

Alloy Dave out

Edit: I'd also like to make it clear that the book has nothing to do with GT500s or Mustangs, etc. Thought some of you may be suspicious about that. The book is a consumer topic.

Reason I asked about the book is that I'm writing one. I'd rather not discuss the topic (nothing shameful, but to protect my investment), but it's non-fiction...which I've been told is easier to get published. I have no idea what I'm doing from a "how do you publish a book" perspective, but I'm reading other books and articles to learn more. I've done some research, but it's always good to sound off of others who have been there. When I get a bit closer to making submissions and and writing proposals, I may ask for some help (of course based on all the :censored: I give you, you might just turn your nose up at me). :cry:

Alloy Dave out

Edit: I'd also like to make it clear that the book has nothing to do with GT500s or Mustangs, etc. Thought some of you may be suspicious about that. The book is a consumer topic.

Sounds good Alloy Dave, can you give us a little taste of a chapter?

I was suprised how well that entire article was written. In spite of 500 hp they acknowledged it's not in the same catagory as the Z06 and Viper but at MSRP it is an exceptional bargain.....

I think the car is a GREAT bargain at MSRP, which one day will be a reality but until that time let he who wants it most pay what he thinks it worth.

I think the car is a GREAT bargain at MSRP, which one day will be a reality but until that time let he who wants it most pay what he thinks it worth.

It is a Awesome Driving Machine from what I read. I can't waite to get mine. :happy feet:

Nice to see the GT500 recognized as a supercar in the top 3 american rods. I also noted the traction issue because of tire size.. gt500 is only .6 seconds off of the Viper 1/4 mile time. It would be nice to see one of these reputable mags throw on a tune and some street slicks on the gt500 then run (beat) em on the 1/4 mile.. as an X Z06 owner thats my goal..

Nice to see the GT500 recognized as a supercar in the top 3 american rods. I also noted the traction issue because of tire size.. gt500 is only .6 seconds off of the Viper 1/4 mile time. It would be nice to see one of these reputable mags throw on a tune and some street slicks on the gt500 then run (beat) em on the 1/4 mile.. as an X Z06 owner thats my goal..

The article also touts the fact that the GT500 is a coupe that can seat 2 others in a pinch. Another pluss ++++ :happy feet:

Synopsis:

All 3 good in quarter mile & 0 - 60, GT500 lags, but they note it's the weight & tires that hurt it. For "sound" the supercharger hurts the GT500 in their eyes. GT500 also has the worst stopping distance - again, the weight.

The viper's like glue in the corners, beating out the Z06, even. The viper's a rough & ready racecar, the Z06 is a tuned missile, and the GT500 is a whole different class - an upright with a back seat. But it had surprises - the brakes held tight, even after quite a few laps, minimal understeer, and "a blast to hurl around the track" (steering with the throttle). Only complaint - the back angle of the seat.

Their summary:

The viper's a brute. Not your daily driver, hot awkward. A "blunt instrument".

The shelby is comfortable, something you could drive accross country, or drive like a supercar. "exceptionally powerful, finely balanced, thoroughly satisfying supercar"

The vette "ride quality is firm, but not brutal", "staggering speed", "equally content to burble through town or deliver sledgehammer blows of straight-line thrust".

Overall, very positive towards the Shelby, and its pure value for the ride it gives! :)

- Tony

Archived