TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer in NJ...

easyjet

Had my first oil change today at local dealer (did not buy my car there...see below story). Took almost 2 1/2 hours, as they discovered they did not have the right oil and had to send someone somewhere to get it. Not exactly confidence-inspiring for anything more significant.

Long story short, I tried to put a deposit down with this dealer when the GT500 was originally announced...they claimed they had no process for that at the time and sent me away. They called me at a later point and said I could get on a list behind others (at a big markup ADM) and I declined. Over the next couple years, I checked in a couple times to see what they would sell one for and the response was always a high ADM ($15-20K). At the end of last July, when MSRP deals were popping up everywhere, I went by to see what they would do. I was told they had one due to arrive August 11 (Black/Platinum...not my first choice of stripe color, but...). He was adamant they would get $10K ADM and would not budge. The next morning I took an MSRP deal from a dealer in PA for the color combo I wanted and took delivery in October. Could not be happier with the car.

When I went to the dealer for the lengthy oil change this morning, there was a black/platinum GT500 sitting out front...dirty, rust on the inside of the wheels, rotors, etc. Looked like crap. I took a look at the sticker...it was the one they took delivery on last August. Still priced at $10K ADM. Talk about denial...

Had my first oil change today at local dealer (did not buy my car there...see below story). Took almost 2 1/2 hours, as they discovered they did not have the right oil and had to send someone somewhere to get it. Not exactly confidence-inspiring for anything more significant.

Long story short, I tried to put a deposit down with this dealer when the GT500 was originally announced...they claimed they had no process for that at the time and sent me away. They called me at a later point and said I could get on a list behind others (at a big markup ADM) and I declined. Over the next couple years, I checked in a couple times to see what they would sell one for and the response was always a high ADM ($15-20K). At the end of last July, when MSRP deals were popping up everywhere, I went by to see what they would do. I was told they had one due to arrive August 11 (Black/Platinum...not my first choice of stripe color, but...). He was adamant they would get $10K ADM and would not budge. The next morning I took an MSRP deal from a dealer in PA for the color combo I wanted and took delivery in October. Could not be happier with the car.

When I went to the dealer for the lengthy oil change this morning, there was a black/platinum GT500 sitting out front...dirty, rust on the inside of the wheels, rotors, etc. Looked like crap. I took a look at the sticker...it was the one they took delivery on last August. Still priced at $10K ADM. Talk about denial...

What dealership?

Archived