TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Rims Ride Question

blown9350lx

I need some input dont know too many people in my area with 20" rims that can answer this question hopefully someone here could. I installed the FRPP Handling pack, Steeda camber plates and 20" Alcoas the ride is offcourse rough expected that but when I hit a bump it makes a loud noise just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I did install the suggested size tires 255 35 and 275 35 and as long as the road is smooth its a fantastic ride just when its bumpy oh boy its real bad.

I didn't go near that far with the suspension, just steeda springs, bmr LCAs and panhard bar.

I'm running about the same tire size with my Nitto INVOs and I've got a really nice ride for such a short sidewall, but the handling improved dramatically as did the road noise dropped quite a bit compared to the F1s.

Hope this helps.

I didn't go near that far with the suspension, just steeda springs, bmr LCAs and panhard bar.

I'm running about the same tire size with my Nitto INVOs and I've got a really nice ride for such a short sidewall, but the handling improved dramatically as did the road noise dropped quite a bit compared to the F1s.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, Its smooth for me just when I hit large bumps it makes a bang noise in the front I dont know if thats normal or not.

I need some input dont know too many people in my area with 20" rims that can answer this question hopefully someone here could. I installed the FRPP Handling pack, Steeda camber plates and 20" Alcoas the ride is offcourse rough expected that but when I hit a bump it makes a loud noise just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I did install the suggested size tires 255 35 and 275 35 and as long as the road is smooth its a fantastic ride just when its bumpy oh boy its real bad.

Interesting. I'm getting ready to install J&M camber plates, FRPP handling pack, and Alcoa wheels so it will be almost exactly your setup. Already have the CA's and panhard done. I would expect a little rougher ride but maybe something is not dialed in just right.....

Good info.

I have it on the softer side but not too soft, Im wondering if I should put it softer.

Did you or your installer trim the bump stops?

If they are left as stock, you will hit them with the FRPP kit.

Michael

I have the FRPP kit and love it. My shocks are set at 4 turns out, firmer than stock ride but still comfortable, no noises/bangs.

The installation parts did need to be torqued properly and the bushings lubed, and relubed every so often.

The 20 inch tires will degrade the ride quailty. I'm staying with the 18's.

My bump stops have not been trimmed and have not hit, but maybe I should catch a refresher dukes of hazzard driving class;)

I have the FRPP kit and love it. My shocks are set at 4 turns out, firmer than stock ride but still comfortable, no noises/bangs.

The installation parts did need to be torqued properly and the bushings lubed, and relubed every so often.

The 20 inch tires will degrade the ride quailty. I'm staying with the 18's.

My bump stops have not been trimmed and have not hit, but maybe I should catch a refresher dukes of hazzard driving class;)

Im not sure if they were trimmed, I went ahead and went from the firmest setting to 4 turns out it was at 2 turns out from the firmest setting and it seems to have helped alot.

Archived