TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Day

HORSBYT

Gentlemen -

The mod shop who I frequent offered to TS members in the area the opportunity to have our own "Dyno Day." To make it worth everyone's time they would like to see at least 10 participants. For now, i'm merely gathering an "interest" list.

For simplicity sake i'm going to throw out the following dates:

Option #1 -

Saturday, March 21st

Option #2

Saturday, April 11th

Please let me know which date you'd be most interested in. If either is ok, please state that as well. The cost to Dyno would likely be $50 for 3 pulls. They would cater pizza's, soda's, etc.

I thought this may be a great time to get everyone together, have some fun and hang out and show off our cars.

GTR High Performance is a well-respected Mustang Mod Shop in Southern California and is featured in many of the national publications such as Fast Fords & Mustangs, 5.0, etc.

GTR High Performance

Horsbyt

Would he have any problems with the FWD Shelby's? There are many Shelby Dodge members around the OC who I'm sure would like to participate.

Steve

Ok they're more than happy to do the GLHS' and have asked that that we have at least 10 people with a max of 20 participants for both Mustangs/Omni's. They'd like to group the two and do them as groups due to setup for the dyno on front/rear wheel drive.

Let's see if we can get at least 10 participants and we'll get this thing together!

Guys -

I don't want to see this drop down into oblivian. I'm hoping we can get enough people together to make this happen. It's not about how much horespower you do or do not make. It's about getting us local guys together to hang out, shoot the breeze and just have a good time. If anything you'll walk away with a few more friends, a full stomach, a shop you can trust for performance mods and a printout of your dyno results so you'll finally KNOW how much HP your car makes! The anticipated cost for this is going to be about $50 for three pulls. I'm working with GTR to see if they might be able to put together some sort of "package" for us. I've asked to see if they could put together a deal on some sort of Stage I brake upgrade (pads/lines/rotors) and also the opportunity to do an oil change while there with synthetic oil (if anyone is interested). I hope to have the details soon. So, who's in?

Seems to me that either March 21 or April 11 would be OK.

GTR is just a little north of the old Ontario Motor Speedway location. I spent many happy days there. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like now - and if there are any ghosts hanging around ...

Guys -

I don't want to see this drop down into oblivian. I'm hoping we can get enough people together to make this happen. It's not about how much horespower you do or do not make. It's about getting us local guys together to hang out, shoot the breeze and just have a good time. If anything you'll walk away with a few more friends, a full stomach, a shop you can trust for performance mods and a printout of your dyno results so you'll finally KNOW how much HP your car makes! The anticipated cost for this is going to be about $50 for three pulls. I'm working with GTR to see if they might be able to put together some sort of "package" for us. I've asked to see if they could put together a deal on some sort of Stage I brake upgrade (pads/lines/rotors) and also the opportunity to do an oil change while there with synthetic oil (if anyone is interested). I hope to have the details soon. So, who's in?

I would like to give this a try, sounds like fun way to hang out, I am in!!!

Leroy

Curious, I put a fairly involved post in this thread on Saturday but it's not here now :unsure: The abridged version is that I would love to come out and see how my new GT3582 turbo performs but the March 21'st date conflicts with the Vegas race Mopars at the Strip. Sooo, did the actual date get decided yet?

Alan

Gentlemen -

The mod shop who I frequent offered to TS members in the area the opportunity to have our own "Dyno Day." To make it worth everyone's time they would like to see at least 10 participants. For now, i'm merely gathering an "interest" list.

For simplicity sake i'm going to throw out the following dates:

Option #1 -

Saturday, March 21st

Option #2

Saturday, April 11th

Please let me know which date you'd be most interested in. If either is ok, please state that as well. The cost to Dyno would likely be $50 for 3 pulls. They would cater pizza's, soda's, etc.

I thought this may be a great time to get everyone together, have some fun and hang out and show off our cars.

GTR High Performance is a well-respected Mustang Mod Shop in Southern California and is featured in many of the national publications such as Fast Fords & Mustangs, 5.0, etc.

GTR High Performance

I would be interested, but I can only make the March 21st date. April 11th I will be in Toronto, Canada.

Well, now that we're getting deep into March and I don't feel like we have the solid 10 we'd need just yet, i'm thinking we'd be better off to punt this into May? April 19th is Fab Ford's so May may be better. Warmer weather, more likely to see more folks wanting to get out of the house. What do you guys think? The shop is open to suggestions... I'm thinking Mid-May.

Well, now that we're getting deep into March and I don't feel like we have the solid 10 we'd need just yet, i'm thinking we'd be better off to punt this into May? April 19th is Fab Ford's so May may be better. Warmer weather, more likely to see more folks wanting to get out of the house. What do you guys think? The shop is open to suggestions... I'm thinking Mid-May.

I still say April 11th...weather is still cool enough for impressive dyno results...the more temp the worse the readings will be...especially on supercharged cars. I have 4 others interested in April 11th..read my prior post.

Alex

May works but not the 23rd, the SoCal Shelby Dodge club is going to use that datefor a fun run/Angeles Crest drive/BBQ afterwards. All from here will be welcome as well, we are still nailing down details...

Alan

Best of luck..count me and my people out...hope all goes well for you..

Vapor, I met you at the Vegas Bash, I know you have several cars (I've seen the list :drool:) but do you have your own country now too? Wha are 'your people'?

Alan

Archived