TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Value

bruces

Does anyone know what the Shelby Dodges are worth, Im not interested in selling mine but Im trying to make sure I have corrct Ins with Hagerty, 87 GLHS with four thousand miles low mileage vehicle has not been used since 1990 Bruce

Bruce

I would just go with an agreed value policy. I would aim for a $20-25k policy.

Steve

Does anyone know what the Shelby Dodges are worth, Im not interested in selling mine but Im trying to make sure I have corrct Ins with Hagerty, 87 GLHS with four thousand miles low mileage vehicle has not been used since 1990 Bruce

I think Steve is pretty spot on on the true value for your car but I wouldn't take $20K for my car B) Then again, I only have a 15K policy so I guess I'd have to...

Alan

It's difficult to say with a recent CSX on Barrett Jackson at $30k. I do agree with Steve that it's up there. That insurance $ is to replace your car. Think about how much it costs to restore a replacement car to look like your 4k mile car. IMO, interiors are hardest to come by. I have had 2 other GLHS' that I looked all over for a decent Shelby Charger donor interior. You'll pay a price to get a donor car with a decent interior. And then there's the sentimental value $$$ that Alan and alot of us others have, so you won't be gettin' ours for $20k :) Let's hope nothin' ever happens to any of our cars.

Robert

It's difficult to say with a recent CSX on Barrett Jackson at $30k. I do agree with Steve that it's up there. That insurance $ is to replace your car. Think about how much it costs to restore a replacement car to look like your 4k mile car. IMO, interiors are hardest to come by. I have had 2 other GLHS' that I looked all over for a decent Shelby Charger donor interior. You'll pay a price to get a donor car with a decent interior. And then there's the sentimental value $$$ that Alan and alot of us others have, so you won't be gettin' ours for $20k :) Let's hope nothin' ever happens to any of our cars.

Robert

They are getting very rare and hard to find nice. Many have waited years to get one, took me 10 years to find one back before the internet is what it is today. Then the right price and so on that I could afford. So like my Challenger the GLHS isn't replacable and the price would reflect it. To own and drive them is to love them and many of us won't let them go, same thing happened to my muscle cars. $25,000 looks like a real figure on a rare low miler now. But only get 5 year polices at the most.

Archived