TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 wheels

bullittmansparts

Checked on a set of the new 19" X 9.5 wide wheels.......Ford is pretty proud of them, they list for $1220. ea. :cry: I did order the new shift knob for around $90. and a set of the new mats, about $70. They can not be "Officially" ordered till 3/12.

Just wait until they become take-offs. You can get a set of the current GT500 wheels/tires as take-offs now for 1 grand.

wtf

no way could that be right

Ford would not put those on the standard model GT500 costing that much.

I would bet those are more expensive than the current SS wheels and even the 20s

I would buy CCWs way before those Ford wheels.

I was hoping somwhere around $500 each

I would not pay more than that ever

wtf

no way could that be right

Ford would not put those on the standard model GT500 costing that much.

I would bet those are more expensive than the current SS wheels and even the 20s

I would buy CCWs way before those Ford wheels.

I was hoping somwhere around $500 each

I would not pay more than that ever

Nope, thats the current list. As you say it will come down as time goes on, and you can get a discount from that. Still steep compared to 07-09 wheels.

Checked on a set of the new 19" X 9.5 wide wheels.......Ford is pretty proud of them, they list for $1220. ea. :cry: I did order the new shift knob for around $90. and a set of the new mats, about $70. They can not be "Officially" ordered till 3/12.

you can buy a pair of the 20" Alocas for less then that. getting them is another story :hysterical:

I'll stick with my stock wheels thank you. Almost 5k for wheels is sick. They better be gold plated for that much. Mopar did the same thing with the SRT8 wheels. I bent one on my Charger and they wanted $1000 for a new wheel, and they weren't even forged.

The 2010 19" wheels are forged versus the cast 18" wheels we have. Forged wheels are generally much more costly, but they are stronger and ligher then cast.

How can forged be lighter than cast. Call me old school but in my experience when you changed from cast rotating assemblies to forged you picked up a lot more weight but definitely stronger. Are they using a different metal than the cast or is there some other process? I thought forging got it's strength from putting more metal in tighter, to the same space where cast was just metal being poured into a mold. Anyone?

Derek

P.S. that is absolutely outrageous for the price, they must be looking to pre-sell a few sets to those millionaire's out there that really don't care about what it costs, they want to be the "first" ones with them.

Forged is definitely lighter and stronger than cast. The Alcoas are lighter than our stock wheels and they are 20 inch. Good looking wheels, all the GT500's have good looking wheels. Supersnake Alcoas look good, stock GT500's look good and classic and these 2010 look very modern-tough. Hard to choose really.

Steeda Spyder wheels are very cool and come in 20x9.5 and 20x11.5 and fit our cars perfectly

I prefer the black with polished lip

Oh and under $300 each

They claim they are light as well

for pics, google it or go to Steedas site.

too late and tired to post pix haha

they look great in black though!

That price is about where the 07 GT500 wheels started too. They are still in the $500ea range. When Ford Racing releases them you'll see them in the $300 range. About 75 more than the current wheel due to the forging process. Don't compare Ford Parts prices with Ford Racing prices. Big difference in markup and distribution channels.

As for chrome on aluminum, that process has come a long way in the last 10 years. There is NO reason for chrome to peel from aluminium any more. I have some on my truck that are 8 yrs old. Dirty as I seldom clean them anymore but they have never peeled or failed the chrome. Chrome wheels are MUCH easier upkeep than polished now..rinse, wipe, done.

That price is about where the 07 GT500 wheels started too. They are still in the $500ea range. When Ford Racing releases them you'll see them in the $300 range. About 75 more than the current wheel due to the forging process. Don't compare Ford Parts prices with Ford Racing prices. Big difference in markup and distribution channels.

As for chrome on aluminum, that process has come a long way in the last 10 years. There is NO reason for chrome to peel from aluminium any more. I have some on my truck that are 8 yrs old. Dirty as I seldom clean them anymore but they have never peeled or failed the chrome. Chrome wheels are MUCH easier upkeep than polished now..rinse, wipe, done.

huh, are you saying my stock 07 gt500 wheels are $500 each or where?

I will def pay $300 each for those forged 19" bad boys

Ford Performance insists that they have no pricing or any idea on availability. I spoke to two people there today. May I ask who you spoke to so I may reach out as well?

Thanks.

bj

Huh? I've bought 07/08 GT500 wheels (the real ones) for $209 each with free shipping from Buy Ford Racing dot com.

bj

• 1 year later...

Just wait until they become take-offs. You can get a set of the current GT500 wheels/tires as take-offs now for 1 grand.

You have a picture of my car now on your profile :D Yes, the black one.

I scraped one of my wheels on concrete :cry: , like it states in this forum, $1200 for replacement wheel and no one wants to repair them.

So.., after searching this forum for other 2010 GT500 19" wheel threads, and searching stores without finding any, I decided this thread was the perfect place to insert my Mayday.

I damaged my right rear wheel in a parking garage :banghead: There is a problem with their ramp, but after parking there for a year and a half I know that.., :slapfight: Didn't pose a problem for my 07 GT, but this fella is so low to the ground :cry:

So far I have talked with a couple of shops, the wheels are powder coated so they won't touch them, dealer quoted me $1200 bucks, for that price I figured I would just buy a set of aftermarket rims and wait until I can find a shop who can expertly repair the gauges on my original rims.

Has anyone here found a factory that makes wheels for the 2010 GT500?, and has anyone here found a good shop that repairs these wheels?

Appreciate any help you can give me.., I really don't want my show car to have a gauged "hoof" all summer long.

Old Lady Leadfoot

I just had two wheels (2010) repaired, road rash, and there is a finish issue. The original finish is a banned material in the US. They are made in China and are coated with some material that you can not get here......At least legally. My repair person who has done several of thses used the dark shadow grey that was mentioned in this thread. It is in the neighborhood but NOT an exact match. I can say unless you know what you are looking for its hard to spot the mismatch.

• 4 months later...

Archived