TEAM SHELBY FORUM

white or silver stripe torch red GT500

Torched10

I ordered a 2010 GT500 convetilble from MM sat,and couldnt decide which color stripe--havent seen the 2010 red/silver combo.Does anyone have a pic--is the silver light or dark/Kind of like the silver/black seats,but dont know if the silver has the stark contrast that white has.MM has a red/white and it looks awesome--thanks

My Local dealer has an 08 red vert with silver stripe and an 09 red vert with white stripe sitting right next to each other in the show room. No over the top stripe or stripes in the seats of course, but I like the one with the white stripe much better. To me the silver stripe just looks kind of dull. All the pics I've seen of the 2010 Kona Blue coupe I thought had a white stripe. I saw it at the Chicago Auto show and it's a silver stripe. Didn't do too much for me. I think the white stripe really helps it and the main color pop out. Have some concerns of the durability of the white stripe in the seat (staining, etc.) but don't really know that a silver stripe would be much better. I'm ordering a Kona Blue vert with white stripe.

silver ..........too many white's around, both nice though but I'd go silver

Thanks for all the advice/MM sent me link from ebay of a 2009KR red/silver.

Went with red/silver--liked the white,but wasnt sure of the white seats.

--

Whatever color you chose will be fine, it's a great car. The Kona I've seen in pics seems to have a lot of metal flake in it. I think the white stripes will show more wear on the interior, but the silver stripes also have a little metal flake look to them. The white stripe is a flat color that will jump out more on the blue IMO. If you ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers go with whatever you want. Can't go wrong with a 2010 GT500.

My Local dealer has an 08 red vert with silver stripe and an 09 red vert with white stripe sitting right next to each other in the show room. No over the top stripe or stripes in the seats of course, but I like the one with the white stripe much better. To me the silver stripe just looks kind of dull. All the pics I've seen of the 2010 Kona Blue coupe I thought had a white stripe. I saw it at the Chicago Auto show and it's a silver stripe. Didn't do too much for me. I think the white stripe really helps it and the main color pop out. Have some concerns of the durability of the white stripe in the seat (staining, etc.) but don't really know that a silver stripe would be much better. I'm ordering a Kona Blue vert with white stripe.

Hello All,

I have been watching the TS forum for a while now waiting for the right time to purchase a new Shelby GT500. I really like the retro style of the current model and have waited patiently for the prices to drop. Now seems like the right time to pull the trigger!

In my opinion, the current 2009 model looks great, but I can't decide if the 2010 in Grabber Blue/white strip vert might be the better choice. I have read on other posts that a build date after Aug 18th 2008 would be a prudent starting point given all of the drivetrain issues from previous years.

Could you let me know what dealership has the 2009 vert with the Red/White combo. Could be a better bargain to go that route...But who knows?

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I have been watching the TS forum for a while now waiting for the right time to purchase a new Shelby GT500. I really like the retro style of the current model and have waited patiently for the prices to drop. Now seems like the right time to pull the trigger!

In my opinion, the current 2009 model looks great, but I can't decide if the 2010 in Grabber Blue/white strip vert might be the better choice. I have read on other posts that a build date after Aug 18th 2008 would be a prudent starting point given all of the drivetrain issues from previous years.

Could you let me know what dealership has the 2009 vert with the Red/White combo. Could be a better bargain to go that route...But who knows?

Thanks in advance.

:hysterical:

Sorry but your log on name reminded me of someone........

Welcome to Team Shelby......Your in the right place.......Look up Micheal Morris on Member Search.......

:hysterical:

Sorry but your log on name reminded me of someone........

Welcome to Team Shelby......Your in the right place.......Look up Micheal Morris on Member Search.......

I just searched autotrader.com and set it for whatever area you want from where you live,and it'll show all the shelby's.I found 5 verts in Atlanta,but they were all at least MSRP--one was 20K over.If you want to pay less than MSRP, Id wait till the 2010s start hitting the streets.Or look at low used models,ive seen some of those in low 40s now,and Im sure theyll drop.For me, i decided that it appears the 2010 was a better long term purchase with the newer design,featrures and 540Hp.But if the 2009 new prices drop below 45K for a vert,its a coin flip.I bought a new vert from MM--very helpful guy.

I ordered a 2010 GT500 convetilble from MM sat,and couldnt decide which color stripe--havent seen the 2010 red/silver combo.Does anyone have a pic--is the silver light or dark/Kind of like the silver/black seats,but dont know if the silver has the stark contrast that white has.MM has a red/white and it looks awesome--thanks

same car I want to get. I'm going with white stripes and guess I'll get stuck with the white seat stripes. I'd prefer solid black seats but I'm sure I'll get by. The sliver is cool too, looks like the KR

same car I want to get. I'm going with white stripes and guess I'll get stuck with the white seat stripes. I'd prefer solid black seats but I'm sure I'll get by. The sliver is cool too, looks like the KR

You will be able to order Torch Red, white "over the top" stripes and the black accent for the seats. Like others have commented the white seat stripes may look cool in a show roon setting but will likely prove to be not so practical in the real world once some seat time is inhand.

You will be able to order Torch Red, white "over the top" stripes and the black accent for the seats. Like others have commented the white seat stripes may look cool in a show roon setting but will likely prove to be not so practical in the real world once some seat time is inhand.

Are you sure about this?

exterior stripes = seat stripes. No mix and match options on the GT500.

When I ordered my 2010 the first stripe option is the interior. The interior stripe option then dictates what the exterior stripe is. So you select the interior stripe, the exterior stripe "comes with it". Originally, I wanted interior stripe delete (i.e. 6X order code) with white over the top stripes on a Kona Blue vert. We were not able to enter the order this way. Actually, with the interior order code, the 6 is the charcoal black leather. The X, 7, 2, B or D indicates the interior stripe color, which then dictates/matches the exterior stripe.

DSC_01951.jpg

Archived