TEAM SHELBY FORUM

buying GT500 want people opinions

progolferv1

I have been wanting one for some time now, and now is the time to buy. Seems like there are some good prices on these right now. There are a couple on the interent now that I am interested in. The is a 07 black with 15000 mile that I can get for 33000, 08 black with 8000 for 36000, a 07 with 6 mile for 38000. I just can not decide if I should get one with less miles or get one cheaper and add some mods to it.

progolferv1

First let me say welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

I'd go with the 6 mile GT500 with some price negotiations. I'm sure you can do better on the price.

If that doesn't work out I'd say keep looking. There are lots of GT500's out there and I'm confident there will be even more coming on the market.

Steve

WELCOME TO TS.

Are you aware of the problems with the 2007

2007 problems = Tranny inputshaft is milled to the wrong specification. The factory forgot the feflon lube on the clutch hub and input shaft. The Flywheel is bad. The clutch hub rusts.

2008 problems = The clutch hub rusts. The flywheel warps and takes the clutch and tranny out with it.

2009 problems = Any 2009 built prior to 8/19/08 has the problems I listed for the 2008 model year.

Study the TSB for this problem very carefully before you buy or buy a 2009 built after 8/19/2009.

Well, I too think you should go with the low mileage 07 (where did you find it?)

My local dealer (Spradley Ford--Greeley CO) has an 09 Vapor on the showroom floor--they are asking 47K MSRP and likewise they are still asking for an addional "market adjustment" 10K for a total of 57K!

Amazing (greedy, stupid, etc)

My 07 has had no issues so far.

CC

Well, I too think you should go with the low mileage 07 (where did you find it?)

My local dealer (Spradley Ford--Greeley CO) has an 09 Vapor on the showroom floor--they are asking 47K MSRP and likewise they are still asking for an addional "market adjustment" 10K for a total of 57K!

Amazing (greedy, stupid, etc)

My 07 has had no issues so far.

CC

They can ask what they want but it's doubtful they'll get those prices in these economic times. This is a buyer's market if you got the money or can get the credit.

If you want to consider an 09, check out the Galpin Ford string in the for sale section. Brand new GT500's for under 40K

Just in case you missed this post.......Galpin is advertising BRAND NEW CARS for $39,995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either use that for bargaining leverage or fly out there and drive one back :shift:

I have been wanting one for some time now, and now is the time to buy. Seems like there are some good prices on these right now. There are a couple on the interent now that I am interested in. The is a 07 black with 15000 mile that I can get for 33000, 08 black with 8000 for 36000, a 07 with 6 mile for 38000. I just can not decide if I should get one with less miles or get one cheaper and add some mods to it.

I bought my new 08 Gt500 from Pat Milliken Ford in Redford, Mi. I originally wanted a 09 Black GT500 w/ alloy stripes. They have a total of 4 09's left. They offered me the black 09 for invoice(which was about 4000.00 off). I noticed the had a new 08 GT500 black w/ stripes delete @ an MSRP of 46410.00 I offered 5,000.00 UNDER invoice for the car, which was about 38000 for the car. Long story short, I ended up paying 39,000.00 even for the the car! So, if I were looking for another, I would try new first & pay invoice for an 09 or get a bargain for an 08. Otherwise, get the LOWEST MILE 07-08 you can find. IMO, a GT500 w/ 5,000 miles is fine. But you will never know how many miles the REAR tires have on them. :shift:

As the weather & the economy warms up, these deals will go away. Buy now!

Wow - an '07 w/6 miles for $38,000! That sounds like a deal even if input shaft, clutch hub, and fly wheel have problems and need replacing.

These GT500's are the best bang for the buck. Also the prices below MSRP are incredible - I wasn't so lucky - I paid MSRP and was still happy. I traded my damaged (got hit and couldn't stand having a repaired car) '08 for an '09. No problems with either car. The best Hot Rods I have ever had.

If you are ready to part with the $$$$$ you should go for it! With the exception of some folks having bad luck with the '07s on this site - everyone I know with one is very happy with theirs.

I love it!

I just picked up an '07 with 36 miles on the clock with the window sticker still on it and everything and I LOVE this car.

I'd say o for the '07, it's a brand new car that you'll pay less for and even if it does have the TSB issues it's still under warranty :)

I think you probably could get them down on the price though... but at the end of the day it's up to you what you as far as what you think a good deal is.

I paid 36k for mine, but it's the exact color I wanted (that they don't make anymore... tungsten) and the exact interior etc. so for me I think I got a good deal for sure.

I bought my new 08 Gt500 from Pat Milliken Ford in Redford, Mi. I originally wanted a 09 Black GT500 w/ alloy stripes. They have a total of 4 09's left. They offered me the black 09 for invoice(which was about 4000.00 off). I noticed the had a new 08 GT500 black w/ stripes delete @ an MSRP of 46410.00 I offered 5,000.00 UNDER invoice for the car, which was about 38000 for the car. Long story short, I ended up paying 39,000.00 even for the the car! So, if I were looking for another, I would try new first & pay invoice for an 09 or get a bargain for an 08. Otherwise, get the LOWEST MILE 07-08 you can find. IMO, a GT500 w/ 5,000 miles is fine. But you will never know how many miles the REAR tires have on them. :shift:

As the weather & the economy warms up, these deals will go away. Buy now!

That's good advice. 07 has 40th annivesary potential.

I bought my 07 vert w/nav for 57,700 in July of 07 @7,000 over sticker when others were paying 10,000 over, slightly sick over these new prices........ My wife must never find out.

Archived