TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help - Geese Control

Hello Friends,

I have Lake front property and so that I have problem with geese. I want to safe my property by prevent them. Please help me. How can I stop them?

Please help.....

We were doing some testing (not with birds) several years ago and we have the red laser version of this:

http://www.aviandissuader.com/

Hello Friends,

I have Lake front property and so that I have problem with geese. I want to safe my property by prevent them. Please help me. How can I stop them?

Please help.....

Welcome aboard Ron...Around here they use the sound of a bird of prey, they set speakers around

the fields and amp the sound, seems to work at our local airport.

Hello Friends,

Please help.....

The easiest, but not the most attractive way maybe, is to make it impossible to go walk from the land to the water. Geese will not congregate on grass next to a pond that they can't walk into. They'll go on to another pond if that's the case.

I shoot them with my Gamo pellet gun while my Black Lab is recovering his torn ACL. Several strips of thin shiny nylon ribbon acting like a fence keeps them from walking from the water onto the property.

Canadian Geese are not indigenous here in WA, they are the cause of much of the E. coli pollution shutting some lake beaches every year. They tried relocating them at great expense, the geese just flew back. I've only killed 1 but I prefer to just shoot near them to make them move on, that way I don't have to deal with the bodies.

I did get one "coot" or mud hen, 30 seconds later a Bald Eagle picked it up and took off with a still warm meal. That was cool! I don't use lead pellets, rather alloy pellets, when feeding the Eagles.

Hello Friends,

Please help.....

Get a Border Collie they have great herding abilities....... :dog: I owned one and he was a very intelligent remarkable dog although pretty hyper.... :dogwalk:

Welcome to TS....... :shift:

Hello Friends,

Please help.....

Welcome Ron

My suggestion is sell & buy a Shelby . By the way what do you have other than geese?

Be careful...If these are Canadian Geese, then they are a Federally protected wildlife.

Check with you local Game and Parks commision before doing anything. They can offer you suggestions.

HONK HONK HONK...EH!!!!!!....What makes you say they're Canadian? NG. :hysterical:

"Taking" a goose without a permit is a violation of the North American Migratory Waterfowl Treaty. Price per dead goose can be $15,000. U.S. Fish and Game agents are very serious dudes. Even harassment without their or the state Department of Wildlife permission can lead to hot water.

BTW - how do you know when a guy is politically incorrect? When he thinks harass is two words.

Guest markham51
The easiest, but not the most attractive way maybe, is to make it impossible to go walk from the land to the water. Geese will not congregate on grass next to a pond that they can't walk into. They'll go on to another pond if that's the case.

You can use clear monofilament fishing line to accomplish this. All you need to do is string it onto a series of stakes around the pond. The geese cant move freely from water to land and they will usually avoid the area. We use this methoud at our golf course.

Archived