TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two new kills

frazierfreud

i just got back from a drive down the interstate. i ran into a corvette...i think early 2000's C6?...not newest body style in last couple years or so. we did a couple pulls from 70-80mph up to maybe 110mph or so. i took him both times. i didn't wipe the road with him, but pulled away from him right away. it was my first vette encounter.

30 seconds later, i see a black blur in my rear view window. :shift: a dodge challenger was watching the vette and i mess around and was coming on fast. i threw it down into 3rd and didn't let him pass me. we then slowed down and took off from about 70mph...this guy was as fast as the vette...i still pulled away from him. i didn't see any badging on the challenger...no RT, SRT8, RS, or anything else. i did notice some kind of decal in his back window (some custom shop or other) and his aftermarket exhaust was obvious...i don't know if he had any other mods.

then i returned to the office with skid row jamming on my shaker 1000...sun was out and my windows were down. great day to be driving a gt 500! :happy feet:

When I'm driving my wife's Edge or my F-150, all I see are vettes, challengers, etc; I go out in my Shelby and the only cars I come across are VW bugs and mini-vans :banghead:

CC

Me too! I can drive around for hours and not see anything worth my time. I think they see us coming and hide. Vista Blue is the fastest color after all.

Yeah, when the wife is in the car, I see vettes, mustangs you name it. But when I am out and looking, there is no one and have to settle with racing Grandmothers in 1974 4 door chevys at the red light, & I almost won. lol

I have the opposite problem. One day we were driving down the interstate in the GT500 doing about 75 in a 65 zone. My wife sees a car coming up in the passing lane and she says to me "you aren't going to let him pass us are you?" I told her that I was already going 10mph over the speed limit. But to keep her happy I didn't let the car pass us.

When I'm driving my wife's Edge or my F-150, all I see are vettes, challengers, etc; I go out in my Shelby and the only cars I come across are VW bugs and mini-vans :banghead:

CC

My problem is I can't go out without having to beat the EVO's, Turbo Charged, "Mitsubishi, Acura, and Subaru WRX's" off with a :censored: stick.

This damn cars stick to us like glue.

Just like the Local Police. I know these guy's are just waiting for me to do something stupid like light up the tires. :angry22:

i just got back from a drive down the interstate. i ran into a corvette...i think early 2000's C6?...not newest body style in last couple years or so. we did a couple pulls from 70-80mph up to maybe 110mph or so. i took him both times. i didn't wipe the road with him, but pulled away from him right away. it was my first vette encounter.

30 seconds later, i see a black blur in my rear view window. :shift: a dodge challenger was watching the vette and i mess around and was coming on fast. i threw it down into 3rd and didn't let him pass me. we then slowed down and took off from about 70mph...this guy was as fast as the vette...i still pulled away from him. i didn't see any badging on the challenger...no RT, SRT8, RS, or anything else. i did notice some kind of decal in his back window (some custom shop or other) and his aftermarket exhaust was obvious...i don't know if he had any other mods.

then i returned to the office with skid row jamming on my shaker 1000...sun was out and my windows were down. great day to be driving a gt 500! :happy feet:

16 more kills to go..............." 18 and life to go " Skid Row

then i returned to the office with skid row jamming on my shaker 1000...

:hysterical2::doh::hysterical2: ...LOL, JK...I have spent my fair share of time jamming to SR, although it was usually in a Fox body.... :poke:

I ran into the same problem just last Sat, the ol lady and I went "hunting" and I didn't find anything that wanted to play.. <_< , although there are two new Challengers hanging around here that I am just waiting to stomp, but it seems that they are avoiding me :shrug: , oh well, time is on my side...lol

:hysterical2::doh::hysterical2: ...LOL, JK...I have spent my fair share of time jamming to SR, although it was usually in a Fox body.... :poke:

I ran into the same problem just last Sat, the ol lady and I went "hunting" and I didn't find anything that wanted to play.. <_< , although there are two new Challengers hanging around here that I am just waiting to stomp, but it seems that they are avoiding me :shrug: , oh well, time is on my side...lol

congrats on the kill!! man a week a go i wrote a story of me beating a gto and people blasted me for it. I bought this car for the same reason all of us did, it is what it is. A 500 horsepower beast not a grocery getter. I love to feel the gforces!!

congrats on the kill!! man a week a go i wrote a story of me beating a gto and people blasted me for it. I bought this car for the same reason all of us did, it is what it is. A 500 horsepower beast not a grocery getter. I love to feel the gforces!!

i live close to a target rich environment. i see tons of vettes and mustangs...challengers are still a rare sight. i see a handful of ferrari's, a couple lambo's, and lots of porsche 911's. i even see the occasional lotus. i did see a hennessey challenger a couple weeks ago on the way to work. i would love to test the waters against him...those things are very fast from what i've seen on the internet.

my hunting trips have a fair chance of at least pulling up next to an appropriate challenge. it is a great feeling to come out on top! :happy feet: these cars are built for speed. i think there is a big difference between a reckless driver and someone who knows their limits and keeps things in control.

Archived