TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paint Your Stripes for $950+?

JeffIsHereToo

Hey all! check this out!

I've placed a call to them asking for some specific numbers for an SGT/GT500 with and without spoiler and with or without side stripes.

I will post as soon as I hear back!

-Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/1038113352.html

Mustang Shelby Stripes starting at - $950 (Chicago Area)

Reply to: sale-1038113352@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2009-02-17, 5:47AM CST

Custom painted Mustang Shelby Stripes starting at $950. If you have been interested in putting Shelby or Roush style stripes on your Mustang, or perhaps your current decal stripes are damaged, please consider this much more effective and better looking solution. The fact is, that nearly all of the stripes you see on Mustangs are just stickers. They look cool from a distance, but they are nothing more than big vinyl decals that have typical problems expected from decals... Bubbles under the surface, overlapping edges and folded seams, edges that curl or looked stressed. Vinyl stripes are thick and therefore the collect wax build-up and the edges get worn and damaged in car washes, etc. WE PAINT STRIPES... Perfectly positioned and measured on centerline. Painted stripes can be any color or style. OUR PAINTED STRIPES ARE CLEARCOATED AND BUFFED SMOOTH. No unsightly edges, painted on stripes are part of your cars paint job. Starting at $950 for basic stripe package, we will paint stripes across the hood, roof and trunk. For additional amount we extend the stripes across the bumpers and price is a little higher if you have a hood scoop or spoiler.

Packey Webb Ford Body Shop

5126 S Walnut Avenue

Downers Grove, IL 60515

630-390-3060

http://DownersGroveAutoBody.com

-----------

I'm a little leary when they say the price is "starting at". <_< I usually ask, "Where does it end at??" :hysterical: But if It's only $950, then that's not a bad alternative.

Exactly why I asked for a set price for the three standard configs.

I will post as soon as I hear back!

-Jeff

Jeff,

Are you having your stripes painted on???

I would love to, but I just had the entire car redone at Sticker Dude and just not in a position to spend more now for paint. Had I been aware of this before, and if it had a good warranty, I would have for sure considered it! Eventually I will but I know a lot of people are thinking of it and I wanted to posted this in this area (Midwest) in hopes it might be of interest to someone else in the area.

I asked if they do things like paint behind the plate, remove the faux gas cap and paint behind etc...I'm still waiting on a price and will post as soon as I hear back.

Glad to hear we'll be seeing you at Volo this year!

:happy feet:

I finally got my car back after three weeks and it looks PERFECT! Just had the stickers redone and the new scoop put on...It took 3 long weeks since I was told in the beginning it was gonna be an overnight deal...The shop I was dealing with and myself count it as a learning experience and now I have my car back looking like it should have when I bought it!

Archived