TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't buy a 09 until you see the 2010 in person

topgun

I just purchased a 09 alloy for 4k under msrp. I saw the pictures of the 2010 about a month ago. I really didn't like what ford did to the rear end or how they shortened the front grill. After seeing the changes I went out and purchased a 09. Now that I have been looking at the pictures of the 2010 everday; I'm starting to fall in love with the new look. I'm thinking about maybye selling my 09 and purchasing a 2010 in grabber blue with orange stripes. Just want to know what others are saying about the 09 compared to the 2010.

I just purchased a 09 alloy for 4k under msrp. I saw the pictures of the 2010 about a month ago. I really didn't like what ford did to the rear end or how they shortened the front grill. After seeing the changes I went out and purchased a 09. Now that I have been looking at the pictures of the 2010 everday; I'm starting to fall in love with the new look. I'm thinking about maybye selling my 09 and purchasing a 2010 in grabber blue with orange stripes. Just want to know what others are saying about the 09 compared to the 2010.

I went back and forth as well. I had an 08 last year & sold it. I really wanted another one. I was gonna buy a 2010 until I saw the rear end. I Loved the interior & front end except the massive plastic heat exchanger. I then decided I would hunt for a killer deal on a new 08 sitting on a showroom collecting dust. I found it & couldn't be happier. If you do the math, I figured I paid almost 10K less than a 2010 would have cost me. Heck, I can get the hp to 540 for about $1,200.00 extra.

Don't get me wrong, there's alot to like about the 2010 GT500, but dollar for dollar, I'll take an 07-09 myself. Just my .02

Hey guys! I would have to Agree! The 2010 does not look great at all! Even though i pulled the trigger on buying my Brand new 2008 GT500 in December 2008. For the money plus The Retro look nothing willbe as good besides its just like history repeating itself! By 2013 no more big horsepower! We are definitly the lucky ones and if you can buy another 07-09 GT500 and store it away Do it!

Jason

I saw the blue with the red stripe 2010 GT500 vert at the buffalo auto show. I was not that thrilled with it, as mentioned before the hood is not as nice and that plastic rear is poor. I was not sure if it was just the color so I went to the Toronto auto show yesterday. They did not have a 2010 Gt 500 only a 09 KR silver blue stripe. Five years ago when the 05 was about to deput Ford had over a dozen mustangs at the show, this year just the KR a base 09, 2010 gT conv and base coupe. I studied the lines on the 2010 and decided that the 09 sitting right next to them looked better.

Winter2008624.jpg

I've been studying the pictures closely and the 2010 looks sweet to me. I want one, but will wait until 2011 to see if we get that alluminum block. I plan on having both the 2008 and 2011 Shelby in the garage. Fantastic cars

Thats a good point, when I look at pictures of the 07-09's I drool all the time and when I see them in person I have an orgasim :drool:

On the other had with the 2010's I hear people say all the time that they dont like them in the pictures but when they see them in person all they have to say is they like it.

Just from observation, and my opinion, the reaction is not as emotional in pics or in person.

Well I guess I'm in this category - new 2009 or wait for the redesign. Personally I much prefer the exterior of the current model, but like the interior upgrades of the 2010. Money talks though, and with up to 10G discounts on instock '09s, I don't see the changes for 2010 worth that kinda dough. And on a related note, if you're always waiting for "what comes next", you'll never end up with anything.

But I'm still procrastinating anyway *L*.

The 010's will have that black box in them as well, I don't know if it will effect any mods you do with your warranty, or if insurance companies can use it against you if it ever came to that.

It is confirmed that the Black Box is a "Tattle-Tale system" by a Ford rep.

I am not going to be upgrading to a 2010 anymore. :cry:

Archived