TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Snake and the Stallion

twobjshelbys

I found this today on the Cobra site. I'm ordering it.

I'm unabashedly doing a copy/paste:

‘The Snake and the Stallion’ vividly documents the legendary rivalry between Texas chicken farmer turned American sporting hero Carroll Shelby, and the Italian automotive aristocrat Enzo Ferrari.

First broadcast in 2002 by the BBC as ‘The Cobra Ferrari Wars’ to great critical acclaim, now retitled and remastered, ‘The Snake and the Stallion’ is being released as a collectors’ edition double dvd. The filmmaker

Richard Symons, has painstakingly added rare footage and previously unseen interviews.

Ten years in the making, the documentary tells the remarkable story of Shelby’s mission to “nail Ferrari’s ass”, resulting in the fearsome Cobra – possibly the most revered sports car of all time. The double DVD set includes the full broadcast film, picture galleries, previously unseen footage, exclusive never‐before seen interviews, and 6 hours of un‐cut interviews with Shelby, giving a unique insight into the man himself. With its fast‐pace, 60’s soundtrack and effortless split‐screen cool, this is a classic film vividly portraying the danger and excitement of a bygone era in motor sports history.

"It’s a wonderful story and I’ve never seen anybody tell it better. I’m very proud to have been part of it ” Carroll Shelby

The video is not in stock at amazon.com but is available from Spirit Level Films here:

http://www.spiritlevelfilm.com/shop/produc...=248&page=1

Note: They are British and want Pounds Sterling! (Or American Express!)

It's also supposed to be available at the Shelby site (I'm assuming shelbyautos.com but couldn't find it there). Does anyone know where it might be?

If it's a UK release only, you'll have some trouble for sure.

UK only releases are 'region 2 - D1' coded and unplayable on a standard US DVD player.

Some DVD players are able to read any and all region codes, but you'll typically know this when you're purchasing it, as you have to go out of your way to find one.

US DVD's/players are 'region 1' and only compatible with each other. If you're lucky, the DVD will have been made as a 'region 0', meaning that it was intended for worldwide release and is therefore playable on any DVD player.

Ken

‘The Snake and the Stallion’ vividly documents the legendary rivalry between Texas chicken farmer turned American sporting hero Carroll Shelby, and the Italian automotive aristocrat Enzo Ferrari.

Does it say what Enzo Ferrari did before he got into building Cars? You always hear what CS did but never anyone else.

get it at a substantial discount by going through this link. Reputable dealer, just have to wait to receive it from the UK.

http://www.spiritlevelfilm.com/snakeandstallion/

This version of the link has an added bonus: You can get a .pdf of the transcription of one of the interviews with Carroll Shelby. There is a lot of insight here.

mine arrived, 2 disks, excellant find, thanks again guys.

My copy of disc 1 was physically damaged. The last three minutes of the main film and then the credits the DVD player went into error correction mode and skipped until it finally gave up. I could see a bad nick and caving on the disc. I emailed them and the Richard Symons (the producer) himself said he was sending me another. Must be a pretty small shop.

My copy of disc 1 was physically damaged. The last three minutes of the main film and then the credits the DVD player went into error correction mode and skipped until it finally gave up. I could see a bad nick and caving on the disc. I emailed them and the Richard Symons (the producer) himself said he was sending me another. Must be a pretty small shop.

I got my replacement tonight. It's perfect. Thanks Richard!

Archived