TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel hop

ootmar

I know this has been covered previously, but what is the best way to handle wheel hop on these cars , especially after the SS package. SH in Canada is offering control arm upgrades for an extra $1060.00 at the time of SS conversion. Seems like a bit much,... I seem to remember some guys just doing bushings and adjustable upper ? Any comments or suggestions on brands to use ? do they all work with the SS suspension ? thanks

Al

+1

No wheel hop for me.

OK ..... I guess I will wait to get car back from SH and see how it is before I start changing control arms. stock, the wheel hop was just brutal. Thanks every one, should get my car back late March, can't wait

Al

OK ..... I guess I will wait to get car back from SH and see how it is before I start changing control arms. stock, the wheel hop was just brutal. Thanks every one, should get my car back late March, can't wait

Al

With the suspension upgrades that go into the SuperSnake, I doubt you'll have a problem with wheel hop. Now traction is another issue.

shift_burnout.gif

I got them done. Here's how they look.

Don

Hey Don,

did they just do the lowers? or did they do the upper as well ? its hard to see in picture. If they did the upper, was it a Steeda adjustable ???

thanks

Al

Like Shelby 08, no wheel hop just tire spin. Only problem, they spin so easy and so fast, all you hear is zzzzzzzzzz and then you better shift, because you are at redline in an instant.

Lrock

07SS0157

Ain't that the truth.

Guys I have tons of suspension mods but still get this terrrible banging/shaking on the inside of my car, mainly in the dash in between shifts when shifted more on the agressive side, nothing too crazy though, just spirted driving when shifting near the red line.

anyone else notice this and how do you get rid of it?

I have all the control arms done and dont have any hop from the rear tires but still lots of jarring on the interior.

Not sure if its the stock DS, I am thinking it is because the SS comes with a 1 piece and it would make sense that those with the SS have not mentioned it.

I have a vid where you can see what I am talking about, I will post if you dont already know what I am referring to.

thanks

Archived