TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY AUTO MUSEUM/CAFE

SHELBY1

I would have thought, for the Shelby 427 race, that they would have made it a point to be open that weekend. They would get lots of visitors!

We took our 07SGT to Vegas for the AC Delco Nationals (drags) and the SEMA show last November. This was the week the remodeled museum opened, too. SAI was definately closed all weekend. Like Wicked says parking and crowd control could be a real issue being that SAI is in an industrial park setting across from the race track parking lot.

If there is any way you could stick around 'til Monday, it is well worth your time. The only daily tour starts at 10:30 AM. Hang on to your wallet in the gift shop :hysterical: and show up hungry at the Corner Cafe' in the next building south of SAI.

We're going back in June and again for the races over Halloween. :happy feet: SAI is on the agenda during both trips :drool:

My flight lands at 10:30 and I'm heading straight from the airport to SAI. Does that mean I cannot see a museum tour? Or is there more than one tour daily?

The tour is a guided tour through the museum and factory. You can however, visit the museum without taking the tour. The Museum and gift shop are together. I called SAI earlier in the week to check on the Museum, gift shop, and cafe' for Friday. All three are open on Friday!

I have heard from some that SAI (hence factory tour) may be closed on Friday! My advice is to call SAI if your planning to take the 10:30 tour on Friday!

The tour is a guided tour through the museum and factory. You can however, visit the museum without taking the tour. The Museum and gift shop are together. I called SAI earlier in the week to check on the Museum, gift shop, and cafe' for Friday. All three are open on Friday!

I have heard from some that SAI (hence factory tour) may be closed on Friday! My advice is to call SAI if your planning to take the 10:30 tour on Friday!

Can anyone at SAI reply to this thread to confirm or deny this... Sharon... Amy... Robert ??? I was hoping to get out there on Friday and take the 10:30 Tour... I won't be there to do it Thursday or Monday... :-(

Archived