TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If there were things you could change about the SS package

funky10

I have been waiting on the call for quite some time now. Trying to be as patient as i can, LOL!! I posted this to see if you could change the package what would you like. This is coming from people who have been waiting like myself and people that have already have it. I myself wish that you can get a Convertable with the 725hp package, i know that the chance of bending stuff would be greater and of course no warrenty but there is alot of rag tops putting major power down on the ground. Also, i would have hoped that the SS stripes would be offered in the color you want. These are some of the things that bother me when i am spending alot of money and not getting what i want. What other things would be on your wish list??

By all means i dont want this thread to bash SAI because they do build amazing cars so please have some class when posting.

Thank's

Scott.

Pretty much everyone has class when it comes to cars and Carroll Shelby's team.

With that said...

I wish they had one part that could not be bought at SSP. The KR and the Terlingua have their exclusive part the Super Snake should as well.

Those are all very valid points, some people think the exclusive thing is gone with some of the Super Snake parts that are being sold. I think that it would be nice to have an exclusive part that can only be on the real deal's, like the KR hood. Other than the plaque on the Dash that is!! LOL!! And it would have been nice to address the suspension issue while the car was there, along with wider rims and big meats to get the power to the ground. Hopefully they can address some of the issues like the rims they are working on. What else can you guys think of??

Those are all very valid points, some people think the exclusive thing is gone with some of the Super Snake parts that are being sold. I think that it would be nice to have an exclusive part that can only be on the real deal's, like the KR hood. Other than the plaque on the Dash that is!! LOL!! And it would have been nice to address the suspension issue while the car was there, along with wider rims and big meats to get the power to the ground. Hopefully they can address some of the issues like the rims they are working on. What else can you guys think of??

Do the super snake head rest covers nad arm rest thing and dash plate along with the floor mats ring a bell fellas? Dont turn into the guys who whinned about the KR hood, please?

I would like to have seen these cars re-titled after the upgrade to reflect the new ser. number just like Carroll did in 65/66. The Ford Shelby number could remain under the new number. This would place it outside of the Shelby GT500 and eliminate the chance of fakes in the future. Clones of course would still be out there but they would easily be known.

Actully Carroll did this car right the 1st time and I wouldn't change a thing. It's a street car. If you want to run it on the track get yourself a set of slicks for the rear to change into. Maybe that could be an add on package.

It does all and more than any street car on the road today.unless you want one of those million plus cars from Europe.

SAI keep up the great engineering.

Oz

I thought the 20" rims which say super snake were exclusive? Did that change?

The wheels have SUPER SNAKE on them REAL big. Cant them thru SPP. The headrest nor console cover can be bought.

I dont know much that I would change. Except for what I did. I wanted a more aggressive muffler so I changed them. My car has black and red seats. So I run the Ambient lights in red! The gauge package has white lights so I changed them to RED LEDs.

I too would like 11 each rear wheels. I know SAI is working on this.

Thats about it. I have had the car ALMOST a year and LOVE IT.

MM

I love the car and there is not much I would change. Except....

The floor mats. Don't like em. I had the original set and then they came out with the new ones. Didn't like them either. I would have liked to see a more aggressive design with a big cobra instead of CS's signature. Just a personal preference and not a big deal.

The head rests. Would have liked SAI to exchange the early ones with the newer ones. This was a major complaint from many folks and it would have been nice to get them exchanged.

Rear tires. Beaten to death.

Rear badging. Still waiting for the faux gas cap information. Again, when it comes out I expect that I will have to pay for it instead of getting it like the newer cars.

Stripes have been mentioned and I was one of the loudest folks bitching about this...that is until I got my car. I have to say that SAI got it right and the black looks stunning.

Exhaust. I recently put on the KR pipes and love them. Much better than the Borla.

With all the aforementioned said, the fact remains that there is little not to like about this car. It turns heads everywhere I go and it is sick fast. It handles great and is sooooo much fun to drive. I simply love the car and SAI did a fantastic job on its design and execution. My hats off to them.

The floor mats. Don't like em. I had the original set and then they came out with the new ones. Didn't like them either. I would have liked to see a more aggressive design with a big cobra instead of CS's signature. Just a personal preference and not a big deal.

The head rests. Would have liked SAI to exchange the early ones with the newer ones. This was a major complaint from many folks and it would have been nice to get them exchanged.

Rear badging. Still waiting for the faux gas cap information. Again, when it comes out I expect that I will have to pay for it instead of getting it like the newer cars.

Stripes have been mentioned and I was one of the loudest folks bitching about this...that is until I got my car. I have to say that SAI got it right and the black looks stunning.

Exhaust. I recently put on the KR pipes and love them. Much better than the Borla.

With all the aforementioned said, the fact remains that there is little not to like about this car. It turns heads everywhere I go and it is sick fast. It handles great and is sooooo much fun to drive. I simply love the car and SAI did a fantastic job on its design and execution. My hats off to them.

Switz-

I have read from several people that the KR mufflers sound fantastic. Do you have any droning problems with yours? Also, did they fit in the Borla pipes without any mod's?

Good comments above. I think you have covered all the early SS conversion complaints.

JW

+1. Couldn't of said it better myself. I love this car and will change the head rests and faux gas cap when available. KR mufflers are the way to go. For me, the SS is worth every penny spent.

Switz-

I have read from several people that the KR mufflers sound fantastic. Do you have any droning problems with yours? Also, did they fit in the Borla pipes without any mod's?

Good comments above. I think you have covered all the early SS conversion complaints.

JW

Easy to install. No drone and clamps up without any modification required.

Do the super snake head rest covers nad arm rest thing and dash plate along with the floor mats ring a bell fellas? Dont turn into the guys who whinned about the KR hood, please?

No no, I hope you think i wasn't complaining about the KR hood LOL!! Alot of things are easy to replicate. Well all things can be replicated for that matter, even the KR hood if you have the means. The whole reason for this is i am about to put down about 45 thousand CDN funds and i wanted to see if it was really worth it. I went to Shelby in LVN and was very impressed with there place and the people who worked there that is for sure. I am sitting on the fence right now because of the coin and to ask people what they were thinking. Is it worth it? Yes it is according to people that have them. I am sure it would be hard to say afterwords after making the effort to get the package and paying a large dollar for it to say no it wasnt. I was just thinking if it is not exclusive, the power and performance can be had for alot less then what am i thinking in these times. I did not want to make this a bitch fest that is for sure. That is why i added post with some class. The bad thing is after spending all the time, money and effort to get this done how much more is there to do. Like upgrade the suspension because anyone who has one of these cars know's that it is hard to make these things hook on the track, never mind the street. I for one would like a car that is exclusive, run 10's in the quater mile, be able to outhandle a vette or Viper or whatever else comes to mind and not break the bank doing it LOL!!! I know it can be done with this car!!! They are one hellofaride!!!! Maby i am asking to much but when it comes to having 115 grand CDN when i am done then it should be really close if not there. Also the only problem i have personally with that being said is the amount of power and what it looks like when you are done. I think if you spend that kind of money you better be happy when it is finished. And i know you cant please them all and i would like to thank Shelby for trying there best, i know you cant please them all. So please post away and let me know what you think if there is other things because i am adding them up in my head on top of the SS package.

The wheels have SUPER SNAKE on them REAL big. Cant them thru SPP. The headrest nor console cover can be bought.

I dont know much that I would change. Except for what I did. I wanted a more aggressive muffler so I changed them. My car has black and red seats. So I run the Ambient lights in red! The gauge package has white lights so I changed them to RED LEDs.

MM

Hey MM is this what the headrest and console cover look like?

console cover

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...st%20cover.aspx

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...st%20cover.aspx

Headrest

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...st%20Cover.aspx

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...st%20Cover.aspx

MM

How do you change out the led's in the gauge pod?

No Sir, they look like this. The ones you found DONT say Super Snake!!! YEA!! :happy feet:

MM

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

+1

Heres the link to the bulbs. I gave the link to the RED ones, but they have other colors

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

The Shelby Gauge pod in held on by VELCRO. SLOWLY pull up the corners!! Then you can take out each bulb and replace them with the colored LEDs. I have tried to take pictures of the car at night, but they come out REAL blurry.

MM

Heres the link to the bulbs. I gave the link to the RED ones, but they have other colors

The Shelby Gauge pod in held on by VELCRO. SLOWLY pull up the corners!! Then you can take out each bulb and replace them with the colored LEDs. I have tried to take pictures of the car at night, but they come out REAL blurry.

MM

MM-

You are a great resource, man!

I am going to order blue lights as that is my color of choice. I assume you need three bulbs?

JW

MM

Ummm.....Why is the red cheaper than the other colors....MM did you have something to do with that :hysterical:

MM

Thanks Michael. Just ordered :happy feet:

MM-

You are a great resource, man!

I am going to order blue lights as that is my color of choice. I assume you need three bulbs?

JW

Im glad I can help. Blue will look great in the car!

Yes you need 3 bulbs. Dont throw away the old ones just in case you want to put it back in 20 years and theres no bulbs anymore

MM

MM

Yes, the original Super Snake Alcoa's say "Super Snake" on them, the replacements do not. The original Super Snake KB blower says "Super Snake on the pulley, the replacement blower and pulley assy. does not have Super Snake identification. Can any of the Super Snake alum. engine/underhood caps be purchased through SPP? If not, they are also "exclusive" to the Super Snake build.

There are quite a few items that may be "similar", as offered through the SPP catalog, similar is close, but not the real deal.

R

Archived