TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Water on passenger floor board

oldguyrock

Let me first say that I never drive the SGT in the rain. Today, however, was the exception. It was raining pretty hard and I had to go about 5 miles on the freeway. When I got to where I was going, I noticed about a pint of water on the carpet on the passenger floor board. After looking around I saw it was running down behind the kick panel, where the fuses are located. I dried it up with my sweatshirt, as best I could, and immediatley went to the dealership. The service writer knew what the problem was and said "there's an updated cowling for these." He ordered the part and said he'd call when the parts in.

Anybody heard of this?

Let me first say that I never drive the SGT in the rain. Today, however, was the exception. It was raining pretty hard and I had to go about 5 miles on the freeway. When I got to where I was going, I noticed about a pint of water on the carpet on the passenger floor board. After looking around I saw it was running down behind the kick panel, where the fuses are located. I dried it up with my sweatshirt, as best I could, and immediatley went to the dealership. The service writer knew what the problem was and said "there's an updated cowling for these." He ordered the part and said he'd call when the parts in.

Anybody heard of this?

Hmmm. I sorta just had the same problem. I opened the passenger door after a rainstorm and I had a ton of water come pouring out for a few seconds. The driver side did not have this problem.

So who has info on this updated cowling?

Steve

Did your service writer say that this applied to all Mustangs?

He didn't say anything about it appling to all Mustangs. He did say he he the same problem on a Stang 2 weeks eariler, and they replaced the cowl. If they want to replace my cowl, that's fine. Sounds like the TSB problem to me though. I'm going to print the TSB and give it to them when I take it in to be repaired.

Archived