TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HEAD's UP - BRAKE DUCT APPLICATIONS

2/16/09

After installing the SGT Brake Duct / PIAA Light Bezels I wanted to pass on some uselful information. As noted in some earlier posts, the template for the cut-outs will drive you crazy trying to get the correct fitment. I used the holesaw to make the holes, then dremeled out most of the bumper material leaving the five 'tab' areas for the mounting holes. This worked much better.

HEADS-UP - INSTALLATION WITH S/C APPLICATIONS: I have the Shelby/Paxton (Novi 1200). The cooler mounted in front of the radiatior; frame brakets and plumbing will prevent mounting the brake duct hose kit. Imagine my surprise as I punched through and discovered - I carumba! obstructions! I had not thought to look behind the bumper when I popped out the insert. I even had to cut down the back side of the larger light bezel by 1" to get the bumper pieces to mount proprerly. I was not sure if I was going to use the lights so not a big deal. I will however have to use the much larger diameter outer light duct openings to try to make my own ducting back to the brakes (also installed the Shelby GTPlus Front and Rear brake set; will post separately because of max pictures per post). You also have to cut the metal ends off of the mounting tabs of the billet lower grill insert and drill new holes to line up with two the the bezel screws to re-mount following installation for the bezels.

I have attached pics of the pass and drivers side duct. I snapped these about six inches away with a flash in the garage so you can see what I am talking about. Standing at the front of the car you cannot see any of the hardware through the holes and they do look 1000% better than the pop-in honey comb pieces. Plus I will get additional cooling on the S/C cooler and from the four duct holes. The screened inner holes meant for the brake ducts aim directly on the cooler.

post-20776-1234795099_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234795193_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234795099_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1234795193_thumb.jpg

2/16/09

After installing the SGT Brake Duct / PIAA Light Bezels I wanted to pass on some uselful information. As noted in some earlier posts, the template for the cut-outs will drive you crazy trying to get the correct fitment. I used the holesaw to make the holes, then dremeled out most of the bumper material leaving the five 'tab' areas for the mounting holes. This worked much better.

HEADS-UP - INSTALLATION WITH S/C APPLICATIONS: I have the Shelby/Paxton (Novi 1200). The cooler mounted in front of the radiatior; frame brakets and plumbing will prevent mounting the brake duct hose kit. Imagine my surprise as I punched through and discovered - I carumba! obstructions! I had not thought to look behind the bumper when I popped out the insert. I even had to cut down the back side of the larger light bezel by 1" to get the bumper pieces to mount proprerly. I was not sure if I was going to use the lights so not a big deal. I will however have to use the much larger diameter outer light duct openings to try to make my own ducting back to the brakes (also installed the Shelby GTPlus Front and Rear brake set; will post separately because of max pictures per post). You also have to cut the metal ends off of the mounting tabs of the billet lower grill insert and drill new holes to line up with two the the bezel screws to re-mount following installation for the bezels.

I have attached pics of the pass and drivers side duct. I snapped these about six inches away with a flash in the garage so you can see what I am talking about. Standing at the front of the car you cannot see any of the hardware through the holes and they do look 1000% better than the pop-in honey comb pieces. Plus I will get additional cooling on the S/C cooler and from the four duct holes. The screened inner holes meant for the brake ducts aim directly on the cooler.

Me too, kind of a bummer.

Archived