TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford allows Dealer to sell BUY BACK with no Disclosure

TwinTurboBoss

The bottom line is I live 90 to 95 miles away from the Plant & I live in Michigan. When I know per Ralph that my car is done & has been just sitting in the Transit Area for over 2 weeks now is just plain unexceptable. Now if FORD wants to come clean & say they have a Quality Concern over "What ever it is", then just tell us. But for Customer Service & my Dealer to both say we don't know where your car is or why it hasn't shipped yet when it's already overdue is just unacceptable in my book.

Coldwater, Ford is too busy buying back Shelby's to ship them or to tell the truth whats happening.

Remember I said FORD was buying my Convert back.

The dealership has the balls to not disclose it is a buy back and is telling anyone who asks they bought it from a customer because it had a simple scratch in left fender? What BS!!!!!

To tell the truth FORD is having some MAJOR headaches with the Shelby quality. this is the ONLY reason your car is being held back. Flat out lies by ford on whats really happening.

Seems the truth is the biggest headaches ford is having are paint related issues where its not acceptable to send so they just hold them with piss poor quality repairs.

They blame it on the shippers they blame it on the stripe people. Come on FORD just tell the truth here ok?

If FORD would not have lied about my car and they would have fixed it properly I would have been fine with it. But when they flat out lied about it being held up only do try to hide from me it had issues and now is allowing it to be re-sold without any disclosure of the buy back it has me more than pissed!

Coldwater, Ford is too busy buying back Shelby's to ship them or to tell the truth whats happening.

Remember I said FORD was buying my Convert back. Well a kind soul sent me a PM saying it was for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-MUSTAN...wItem#mainImage

The dealership has the balls to not disclose it is a buy back and is telling anyone who asks they bought it from a customer because it had a simple scratch in left fender? What BS!!!!!

To tell the truth FORD is having some MAJOR headaches with the Shelby quality. this is the ONLY reason your car is being held back. Flat out lies by ford on whats really happening.

Seems the truth is the biggest headaches ford is having are paint related issues where its not acceptable to send so they just hold them with piss poor quality repairs.

They blame it on the shippers they blame it on the stripe people. Come on FORD just tell the truth here ok?

If FORD would not have lied about my car and they would have fixed it properly I would have been fine with it. But when they flat out lied about it being held up only do try to hide from me it had issues and now is allowing it to be re-sold without any disclosure of the buy back it has me more than pissed!

:redcard: Sounds like more heads need to roll with shit like this happening. Maybe we need to let the dealer know were getting the press :stats: involved over your car deal buyback & a thing called Lemons?

I'm curious about your car's buyback. What was so wrong with your car that it was bought back? I've handled several buybacks, and all were serious safety/driveability issues that were clear cut cases and lemoned easily. Please tell me about yours.

Sometimes, a Ford dealer will bend over backwards to help a customer out of a car and into another when there are issues with the car. Maybe not bad enough issues to be classified as a lemon, but enough to leave the customer unhappy. If the car is then repaired properly, but was never truely lemoned, then the title wouldn't be branded as such, nor would any disclosure be warranted upon resale.

Again, I'm curious about why your particular car was bought back.

Sounds like our dealership has been extremely lucky, then. We've already delivered our first two GT500's, and both were flawless. Both customers were extremely pleased with all aspects of the cars. Our third one is due in a couple weeks, so I'll look it over very closely.

We did have a 2007 GT/CS magically disappear for a month. It was built, but kept at the plant for a month! Numerous calls to Ford to track it down, and nobody could say anything other than "it'll get there when it gets there." We ended up getting a duplicate car for the customer who had ordered the missing car, so he was taken care of, but we finally got the original car and I'm suspicious about the huge delay, so I've been all over that car looking for issues. I think I've found some oversprayed paint in a wheel well area, but can't tell for sure. Repaired? Or just sloppy painting? The fact that it was just plain missing with no explanation for a month is not cool, though.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 5 2006, 05:56 PM) 56495[/snapback]

I'm curious about your car's buyback. What was so wrong with your car that it was bought back? I've handled several buybacks, and all were serious safety/driveability issues that were clear cut cases and lemoned easily. Please tell me about yours.

Sometimes, a Ford dealer will bend over backwards to help a customer out of a car and into another when there are issues with the car. Maybe not bad enough issues to be classified as a lemon, but enough to leave the customer unhappy. If the car is then repaired properly, but was never truely lemoned, then the title wouldn't be branded as such, nor would any disclosure be warranted upon resale.

Again, I'm curious about why your particular car was bought back.

Sounds like our dealership has been extremely lucky, then. We've already delivered our first two GT500's, and both were flawless. Both customers were extremely pleased with all aspects of the cars. Our third one is due in a couple weeks, so I'll look it over very closely.

We did have a 2007 GT/CS magically disappear for a month. It was built, but kept at the plant for a month! Numerous calls to Ford to track it down, and nobody could say anything other than "it'll get there when it gets there." We ended up getting a duplicate car for the customer who had ordered the missing car, so he was taken care of, but we finally got the original car and I'm suspicious about the huge delay, so I've been all over that car looking for issues. I think I've found some oversprayed paint in a wheel well area, but can't tell for sure. Repaired? Or just sloppy painting? The fact that it was just plain missing with no explanation for a month is not cool, though.

5oh, here is a short laundry list of cars problems and why FORD even says it should have never left factory.

In Washington I am pretty sure any $$ over a certain amount is supposed to be disclosed. It was a buy back pure and simple. Once the Frod Rep inspected car it was not long before it was bought back. I was told the car was being shipped back to Ford. I also heard the person who let car get through inspection was actually FIRED! Did that happen I do not know. I do know heads were rolling once I sent the pics to Ford.

1) Starting from front of car then clockwise. Front bumper had cracks in paint that appeared to be a re-do

2) Hood appeared to have been replaced as paint texture was different and the hood to hinge bolts had paint all chipped off them

3) Right fender curve did not match that of door

4) over spray on "A" pilar at left fender corner

5) pass door to pass 1/4 curve did not match

6) upper body line on pass door to 1/4 was not in ball park of being close as were mldgs

7) dent in top of pass 1/4

8) very very serious orange peel in entire car & rear body panel was very bad

9) two dents in top of drivers quarter

10) masking tape line on back of drivers quarter near tail light

10.5) Tail Pipes were very very crooked with mounting tabs not allowing enough adjustment

11) approx 18" masking tape line down left quarter

11.5) dirt in rear spoiler and entire car was covered with black spots

12) drivers quarter had already been repainted once

13) entire car appeared to have some type of black dirt at factory prior to car getting repainted

14) black dirt under clear coat on repainted drivers quarter

15, Dirt in clear coat on drivers quarter with masking tape line you could feel by hand or with fingernail

16) drivers door jamb had overspray

17) over spray on rear seat cover

18) drivers front fender had very poor fit to door and rocker.

19) front alignment looked way off (visible to naked eye)

20) at freeway speeds car wandered all over the road

21)Engine and drivetrain seemed fine otherwise

22) car had Eng Hold P A I N T written on windshield

23) I paid big bucks for a Power Lease car so I could get one early to drive in summer/fall

24) Ford blamed it on the striping place first even though a convert when stiping was done online. then no answer said it was shippings fault even though car was not released yet

To me a BUY BACK is a BUY Back regardless of whats wrong with car and should be disclosed. Not really a LEMON as it actually drove and did not break down but for 56 grand no way! I was told it was a buy back but yet dealer tries to downplay it as a scratch in rear quarter panel.

How many folks here would like to buy this car then find out the history after the fact? The Factory was well aware of this cars problems and supposedly fired the guy who inspected it yet they do not have to disclose its prior problems? Plain and simple all the dealer wanted was to sell another shelby

They are a MSRP only dealer if you ask them but yet opening bid is 49,999.99 for a USED car? I think it should be disclosed as a buy back not no mention of it in the ebay listing.

by the way I am a PROUD 2007 SHelby owner as have another I bought back in August. No problems with that car and paint is about as perfect as you will ever find. Virtually zero orange peel. So I am not here just to badmouth the Shelby, have nothing but praise for my other one.

As FORD admitted the car should have never left the factory much rather than putting it up on ebay without a mention of any prior work done to car.

I know of a lot of other cars that have had MAJOR paint issues which I think is the biggest reason for all the holds. Ford seems to want to cover everything up and blame it on shipping or the striping people.

If FORD would have told me: We are so sorry your car has a paint issue but we will take care of it prior to it leaving factory then fixed it right I would probably been fine with it. But when they blamed it on every thing else and flat out lied to me about it thats the kicker having the car show up looking like a well used car.

Even if they had not told me it had a paint issue and fixed it properly so you could not tell that would have been fine but to have the masking tape lines, overspray and body fitment issues is just not acceptable

5OH, I know of other cars that FORD would not let the customers even take delivery of because of shipping damage yet they were sold off to customers without disclosing it. To me that is downright crooked.

How about the many other Shelby's with major paint issues including panel replacement and overspray on INTERIOR PANELS. A SHELBY leaves the factory with overspray on interior!!!! Why does FORD let the cars out of factory then make the customer wait months for a replacement? This is Fords HALO car?

My 3 and now 4 2007 Shelby experiences have not been very good ones. The excitement has now been replaced by frustration.

I felt FORD was trying to take car of me here but after seeing the Convert BUY BACK on epay with no mention of any work being done is not just dishonest but flat out fraud as far as I am concerned. Especially when I was told to my face it was a BUY BACK.

I have had contact from Mr Mulally who seems very sincere in solving this nightmare. I will not go into details but will post once this is resolved. I was trying my best to not go the Attorney route & hopefully Mr Mullay will come through so I will not have to.

Remember if I had just let this go and was not FORCED to order another car I would have lost well over 5 grand while the dealer made a quick 10k+ off me. Fair? not in my book

Very interesting, and quite disturbing. No car should leave the factory looking like that one. I can say, though, that shippers do mess up cars once in awhile. Had a great example in 1999 on an SVT Contour - waaay too long of a story to tell here, but really gave me a bad taste for a shipper trying to hide their own damage and how hard it can be to fix a problem after the fact.

Even if Ford had messed up your first Shelby, laws for buy backs vary state by state. I'm told that the dealership I work for is the only dealership in our state authorized to fix buy backs for Ford. We have had hundreds of 03/04 6.0L Diesels through our service department (a few were ours originally, but most from all over the NW). Once they're fixed, a RAV (re-acquired vehicle) notice is put in the front window before they go to auction. In our state, cosmetic damage is not enough to get a car bought back, so your car may not have qualified as a lemon here. But, the state next door has a $300 paint/body damage threshold to be considered a buy back and I've seen new Fords from our neighboring state occassionally that we have fixed for Ford. Saw a then-new 04 yellow Mach 1 with slightly mis-matched paint (rear bumper was a slightly different shade) that we received from an out of state dealer for us to repair for Ford. Not really a big deal, and hard to see unless you were specifically looking, but in our neighboring state it was an easy buy back. In our state, it would have just been a warranty fix and never a buy back. Again, laws vary from state to state.

I can't speak for all dealers, but we've had a couple crashes with new vehicles here in the 7 years I've worked here. A service tech crashed a new Excursion during PDI and a customer failed to yield during a test drive and got T-boned. Both rigs were repaired and we sold them at huge discounts with big disclaimers on the vehicles and signed by the customers that they had been wrecked, but repaired, and the customers were aware. Full disclosure upfront is key to keeping everyone happy. TTB, it's too bad that your deal wasn't disclosed very well - if at all.

The sad fact is that a new car goes through plenty of hands after it is built. You may never know who was ultimately responsible for your first GT500's woes. Could have been Ford, the shipper (train or truck), or the dealership. Sounds like Ford from your description. However, your state laws may have allowed it to not be classified as a true lemon, so maybe that dealership is legally selling it without disclosure even though common sense would tell most consumers that it should be. Hopefully you don't need an attorney, and hopefully Ford and your dealer have made things right for you with the subsequent GT500.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us what happened.

TTB, something just stood out that is worth noting. The eBay ad for the red vert says that it comes with the remainder of the factory warranty. However, a true buy-back (RAV) only gets a 12 month, 12,000 mile limited warranty - not the remainder of the factory warranty. This leads me to believe that your car was not technically a true buy back in the eyes of your state's law. Sounds more like the dealership "took it in on trade" and sold you a new (replacement) car to satisfy your issues with the car. Therefor, the dealership "bought" the car back (as a trade-in), and Ford did not "buy" the car back (as a lemon). This would have kept your case from going to arbitration with the by-product being that the title was never branded as a lemon so it legal to resell without disclosure. Is this a good business practice? Probably not. Is it illegal? Probably isn't depending on your state's laws on the subject.

Let me guess, you have a purchase order for your new GT500 that shows the old one listed as a trade in. If so, mystery solved.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 6 2006, 10:20 AM) 56695[/snapback]

TTB, something just stood out that is worth noting. The eBay ad for the red vert says that it comes with the remainder of the factory warranty. However, a true buy-back (RAV) only gets a 12 month, 12,000 mile limited warranty - not the remainder of the factory warranty. This leads me to believe that your car was not technically a true buy back in the eyes of your state's law. Sounds more like the dealership "took it in on trade" and sold you a new (replacement) car to satisfy your issues with the car. Therefor, the dealership "bought" the car back (as a trade-in), and Ford did not "buy" the car back (as a lemon). This would have kept your case from going to arbitration with the by-product being that the title was never branded as a lemon so it legal to resell without disclosure. Is this a good business practice? Probably not. Is it illegal? Probably isn't depending on your state's laws on the subject.

Let me guess, you have a purchase order for your new GT500 that shows the old one listed as a trade in. If so, mystery solved.

Five oh B, No such thing from the dealer as a trade in. I was told by FORD and the dealer it was a buy back period. I have absolutely nothing in hand that shows I am even gettting another car although one is on order. I did not get anything in writting because of my dealings with some of the Ford higher ups.

I had numerous emails between higher up ford people who alls names I will not mention at this point. I was told the car was being taken back to FORD and sold at auction. As a matter of Fact when I was at dealer after asking to remove it from epay (yes I had it on epay) where I could have gotten my money back and then some. I just did as I was told and returned the car after stopping the epay listing.

At this time I wish I would have gone the attorney route instead of putting any trust at all in dealer or for that matter FORDS.

I met days earlier with a FORD rep who said he was really sorry I could have gotten a car like this and that it should never have left factory in that condition. I personally sent pics to some FORD higher ups who decided the car should be bought back. So thats what I thought was happening. Had I known the dealer would squirt some paint on the quarter and leave all the body lines screwed up they would have never gotten the car back period! FORD and the dealer were very worried about a liability issue because the car had not had the PDI done. Me trying to resolve it amicably brought it back.

I hope who ever buys the car sues FORD and the dealer big time because of the non disclosure. If you look there is a little blip on a link but not in any way a normal person would find it. They say it had a minor scratch on quarter. That is not true at all the whole story is BS.

It would have been simple for me to just leave it on ebay as I had another car already on order. Trouble is I was going to get screwed out of the 5k I paid for power lease along with a lot of other expenses not to mention the mental anquish of the car not being here when promised.

For the dealer to be lying about entire transaction and FORD to be involved has me more than angry.

Its no wonder in these parts this dealer is known as SWINDLE FORD!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 7 2006, 07:39 AM) 57077[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Wow, TTB, that's one messed up car and situation. Good luck with the next Shelby.

Tried to pm you but mailbox full

Because of all the hassles I have had with my dealer I am trying to get FORD to let car be delivered at another Washington Ford Dealer.

Would your dealership be willing to do the delivery if I make the request?

Car is a Red Coupe with Silver Stripes

Crimson Interior

Premium Upgrade

Sirius Radio

They also told me 5-6 wks from order date which was October 24th.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 7 2006, 07:39 AM) 57077[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Wow, TTB, that's one messed up car and situation. Good luck with the next Shelby.

Tried to pm you but mailbox full

Because of all the hassles I have had with my dealer I am trying to get FORD to let car be delivered at another Washington Ford Dealer.

Would your dealership be willing to do the delivery if I make the request?

Car is a Red Coupe with Silver Stripes

Crimson Interior

Premium Upgrade

Sirius Radio

Navigation System

They also told me 5-6 wks from order date which was October 24th.

Here are a few pics of my Shelby Pair together. The convert was a gorgeous car if not for the poor fit and finish. Something bad on assembly happened to it where the opposite was true on my black coupe. Never found a single flaw in it. The paint was like something you would see on a high buck show car. Looks like a mirror. I will try to find the pic of rear body panel where you can see a mirror like image of my home 100 feet away.

here are a few pics of problem areas on convert

1st is top of right quarter showing the dent

2nd is top of right quarter at door showing how curve of door is off to 1/4 and also the upper body lines do not match.

3rd pic shows the body line on left quarter and the very ugly masking tape line plus the major major orange peel

4th is the markings on windshield that says Eng Hold PAINT sure its engineering hold. If you look close you will see underneath this one where there was at least one more Eng Hold written in same area. Unknown what it said

Thanks to all those who sent me PM's about this deal!

The Black Coupe was everything I had dreamed and more so I am not picking on the Shelby or FORD.

Now the dealer who has been a major pain in the arse from day one is another story. For them to now pocket an extra 15 grand on the deal is........... put that in your own words as mine are not too nice

How they also managed to make my Customer Service Questionaires not show up is being looked into.

Archived