TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th on ebay

KAM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I bring this to LV for the SC upgrade? If so, it would make sense to drop it off there on the way back from AZ.

"605HP and 725HP are options on the 40th:

"600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined), 700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000. This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the polished supercharger for an additional $500.

The 600HP package will be approximately $7500.

The short throw shifter is NOW available for an additional $549.99

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com." :)

Past conversations with Shelby indicated you could go back to the shop for the power upgrades at a later date.

I'm thinking you would need to schedule and could not drop it off. I would also suspect that the S/S's and 40ths already sheduled would take priority,

Call Cynthia and ask!

I literally just got my car off the ramps, sat down to watch the race and post the finished mod pics on the Forum,and saw the post on the 40th. My wife was sitting there with me and I asked her if she'd be OK if I bought it.......................She said YES so I emailed the dealer. He called my cell phone within 5 minutes and said he had alot of interest in the car and if I wanted it I should lock it in. This has to be my biggest impulse buy ever. (Well, maybe not) I think it is a great deal too. Now my dilemma.....I am just getting my 2008 where I want it. I had plans on headers this month and then the SC upgrade. I want to keep both cars. Do I put the Mods on the 40th or the 2008??? (SC and headers) I am not going to get any sleep tonight!!! :doh:

I literally just got my car off the ramps, sat down to watch the race and post the finished mod pics on the Forum,and saw the post on the 40th. My wife was sitting there with me and I asked her if she'd be OK if I bought it.......................She said YES so I emailed the dealer. He called my cell phone within 5 minutes and said he had alot of interest in the car and if I wanted it I should lock it in. This has to be my biggest impulse buy ever. (Well, maybe not) I think it is a great deal too. Now my dilemma.....I am just getting my 2008 where I want it. I had plans on headers this month and then the SC upgrade. I want to keep both cars. Do I put the Mods on the 40th or the 2008??? (SC and headers) I am not going toget any sleep tonight!!! :doh:

First let me say, your wife rocks :happy feet: . I would keep the 40th as is and mod away on your 08. Just my .02

Dukenmiestter, good show! You got the deal of a lifetime. This is a fabulous car. Welcome to the club. This was the first post title package offered and it is the most limited one offered. You should see if you can contact the owner directly to get all of the documentation and history. If he only has 1200 miles on it, I am certain that he kept perfect records, emails and all correspondence with SAI, the dealer, etc.

If you have an 08 you will see the difference in handling immediately. Most likely this will be a candidate for the TSB, so keep an eye on that issue. There are plenty of threads on that.

Do whatever floats your boat on the mods. There are different schools of thought. Mine is modded to the max others are bone stock save for the 40th package. This is a dream car so whatever you choose to do will be the best choice for you. It's your dream.

Wow, you did good. Congratulations.

cobrafan

Thanks Cobra,

I think I will just bring it home and just sleep in it for a month or so until I figure out what I'll do to it,if anything. Maybe the signed airbag cover, short throw shifter and car cover for now. I'll see if the dealer can get me the owners contact info. Good call on the TSB. I'll do some research today to see what kind of costs to have it shipped back. I'm thinking $1500-$1900. Otherwise, I may not be able to get out there until late March.

Dukenmiestter, good show! You got the deal of a lifetime. This is a fabulous car. Welcome to the club. This was the first post title package offered and it is the most limited one offered. You should see if you can contact the owner directly to get all of the documentation and history. If he only has 1200 miles on it, I am certain that he kept perfect records, emails and all correspondence with SAI, the dealer, etc.

If you have an 08 you will see the difference in handling immediately. Most likely this will be a candidate for the TSB, so keep an eye on that issue. There are plenty of threads on that.

Do whatever floats your boat on the mods. There are different schools of thought. Mine is modded to the max others are bone stock save for the 40th package. This is a dream car so whatever you choose to do will be the best choice for you. It's your dream.

Wow, you did good. Congratulations.

cobrafan

I literally just got my car off the ramps, sat down to watch the race and post the finished mod pics on the Forum,and saw the post on the 40th. My wife was sitting there with me and I asked her if she'd be OK if I bought it.......................She said YES so I emailed the dealer. He called my cell phone within 5 minutes and said he had alot of interest in the car and if I wanted it I should lock it in. This has to be my biggest impulse buy ever. (Well, maybe not) I think it is a great deal too. Now my dilemma.....I am just getting my 2008 where I want it. I had plans on headers this month and then the SC upgrade. I want to keep both cars. Do I put the Mods on the 40th or the 2008??? (SC and headers) I am not going to get any sleep tonight!!! :doh:

WOW!

Timing is everything!!

Congrats!!

Todd

duken,

I would suggest that you make certain you have a done deal. Dealers have been known to let 4 or 5 thousand dollars get in the way of a deal that has already been signed, and you got a great deal. I lost a deal on ebay for $700 during the hay day of the ADM's after we had a deal so I trust no one.

I'd pay the money and get the car as soon as possible if it were mine. You are still way, way ahead even if it cost you a couple thousand to get it shipped immediately.

Since you have already been modded at SAI Vegas with your 40th Anniversary, if you decide to upgrade performance and keep it all Shelby, Tasca and Quantum are very viable choices. All my extra mod work is now done at Quantum. I am very happy, they are super folks.

Good luck.

Thanks CobraFan,

Banks are closed today so I am relying on my deposit to secure the deal.Apparently there has been an offer 10K higher than my Buy It Now should the deal not go through. (Don't worry, not gonna happen) San Pan has already gotten several shipping quotes for an enclosed delivery for anywhere from $1300-$1500.00. I got a quote from Fed Ex for just over $1600. Once I finalize the paperwork dealer said he could have it loaded by the end of the week and I should have the car in 2-3 days after that!

As far as Mods go, thanks for the advice. A few have suggested toleave it as is and just keep the '08 for the mods. I'll tuck the '07 away for special occasions. (That's the thought process for now anyways) I do want to get the airbag sig going for the '07. I still can't believe I'm getting another horse for the stable!!

duken,

I would suggest that you make certain you have a done deal. Dealers have been known to let 4 or 5 thousand dollars get in the way of a deal that has already been signed, and you got a great deal. I lost a deal on ebay for $700 during the hay day of the ADM's after we had a deal so I trust no one.

I'd pay the money and get the car as soon as possible if it were mine. You are still way, way ahead even if it cost you a couple thousand to get it shipped immediately.

Since you have already been modded at SAI Vegas with your 40th Anniversary, if you decide to upgrade performance and keep it all Shelby, Tasca and Quantum are very viable choices. All my extra mod work is now done at Quantum. I am very happy, they are super folks.

Good luck.

Thanks CobraFan,

Banks are closed today so I am relying on my deposit to secure the deal.Apparently there has been an offer 10K higher than my Buy It Now should the deal not go through. (Don't worry, not gonna happen) San Pan has already gotten several shipping quotes for an enclosed delivery for anywhere from $1300-$1500.00. I got a quote from Fed Ex for just over $1600. Once I finalize the paperwork dealer said he could have it loaded by the end of the week and I should have the car in 2-3 days after that!

As far as Mods go, thanks for the advice. A few have suggested toleave it as is and just keep the '08 for the mods. I'll tuck the '07 away for special occasions. (That's the thought process for now anyways) I do want to get the airbag sig going for the '07. I still can't believe I'm getting another horse for the stable!!

dukenrock I just changed my airbag cover with a CS sig one and I am going to put the other one on the for sale forum $100.00 if your interested

KAM,

Thanks for the offer but I'll probably just take the one that's on it and send it in like I did on the 08. It took about a week to get it back. (should have it tomorrow)

dukenrock I just changed my airbag cover with a CS sig one and I am going to put the other one on the for sale forum $100.00 if your interested

I don't know, an SS and 40th? What else could you ask for? Nice choices!

I'm working for a FIA 289 Cobra. :happy feet: Should take 2-4 years to complete. I'm sneaking the parts in slowly. Hopefully Marji won't notice. Game over if she does :hysterical:

I'm telling Kelly. Maybe she'll sympathize and let me get that SS I've been dreaming of! :drool:

I had to finish one heck of a honey-do-list followed by lots of begging and crying.

Give it a try. It worked with Marji, maybe it'll work with Kelly. :hysterical:

Sound to me like these two would get along real good! How long you both been married? Here's my Honey-do-Boss of 25 years.....Always the life of the party!!

I had to finish one heck of a honey-do-list followed by lots of begging and crying.

Give it a try. It worked with Marji, maybe it'll work with Kelly. :hysterical:

post-19899-1234880749_thumb.jpg

post-19899-1234880749_thumb.jpg

Sound to me like these two would get along real good! How long you both been married? Here's my Honey-do-Boss of 25 years.....Always the life of the party!!

Hopefully we all can meet up at a Team Shelby event :happy feet:

Married 27 years this July :happy feet: :happy feet:

P9030040_1.JPG

P9030040_1.JPG

Archived