TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New '09 KR Arrived

Stalwart

Well, I bought the car over a month ago. I even had the title in hand back from the DMV before I got the car delivered to my house. Although it took 3 1/2 weeks to get it here, much due to weather, the car rode in the front of the enclosed FedEx trailer and never moved from South Carolina to Redmond, WA. It arrived just as it left, still with all the stickers, tape and dust. The Dealer was my kind of guy, he left is as it came to him, they didn't even wash it, he wanted the new owner to decide such things. Got it for $500 over invoice . . . I know, the 2010's are nearly here, but I like the '08-'09 better, even for more money.

It arrived late in the afternoon, so the pictures suck but we have 4 red Fords to wash today so more and better pictures to follow.

New1.jpg

New2.jpg

New3.jpg

I showed up at the kids soccer field, after dark, and my wife could hear the car LONG before she could see it. I tossed her the keys and I had to drive her wimpy 450 hp Foose F150 home. Gosh it was worth it to hear the KR exhaust note . . . I've never heard a better sounding exhaust. :happy feet:

Thanks guys, the kids and the wife wanted blue, but I found a red one for the best price. I've come to love the red since I bought my red '08 F450, my daily driver. The KR will sleep between and be protected by some of our other toys :D

Twins.jpg

Grabber, I'm up in Redmond WA, home of all your computer problems :D

Scotty, I've been around the block a few times with powerful cars. I'm just getting back into the Mustang thing. I've owned every body style of Mustang made at one point, and a few "exotics." The closest Mustang I've had with nearly as much power was a highly modded '82 with a supercharger. It was a real POS compared to todays cars in every respect, but it would kill just about anything on the road at the time, including my sturdily built '72 Pantera and my little sister's '70 Boss 429. All that said, I know this car will bite, especially when it gets the KB 725 hp kit, like on the SS.

I took time off from cars to play with military vehicles and big block V-8 powered motorcycles.

Thanks for all the GREAT posts, this is a fine forum with a lot of nice and informed people!

Well, I bought the car over a month ago. I even had the title in hand back from the DMV before I got the car delivered to my house. Although it took 3 1/2 weeks to get it here, much due to weather, the car rode in the front of the enclosed FedEx trailer and never moved from South Carolina to Redmond, WA. It arrived just as it left, still with all the stickers, tape and dust. The Dealer was my kind of guy, he left is as it came to him, they didn't even wash it, he wanted the new owner to decide such things. Got it for $500 over invoice . . . I know, the 2010's are nearly here, but I like the '08-'09 better, even for more money.

It arrived late in the afternoon, so the pictures suck but we have 4 red Fords to wash today so more and better pictures to follow.

New1.jpg

New2.jpg

New3.jpg

I showed up at the kids soccer field, after dark, and my wife could hear the car LONG before she could see it. I tossed her the keys and I had to drive her wimpy 450 hp Foose F150 home. Gosh it was worth it to hear the KR exhaust note . . . I've never heard a better sounding exhaust. :happy feet:

beautiful car...enjoy! what does $500 over invoice mean? it sounds like you may have gotten an incredible deal. i'm thinking most of the $30 K price difference compared to gt500 is just mark up.

I don't mind washing/drying 1 vehicle but 3 . . . ER . . . NO! Especially in 43 degree weather.

Some more pics:

Clean1.jpg

For CobraCrazy, my wife's Foose, it has Foose 24" wheels rather than the stock 22". I have a 4 wheel air suspension for it, they didn't bother to lower it enough at Tecstar, who did the conversion. As soon as the weather gets better, and she can use the Shelby daily, I'm going to bring it down to a more proper ride height.

Clean2.jpg

Clean3.jpg

My daily driver that also hauls our military vehicles. Do you see a trend going on here? :rolleyes

Clean4.jpg

Shelby001, my sister had the Boss 429 and it is LONG gone, it was black.

Cluscher, sounds good to me!

Her daily is 3 x a week to the gym (she parks in Egypt, BFE), and it will only be while I'm workin on her Foose, she takes better care of her cars than any guy I know. If it isn't going to get up to full operating temp, we take the F450 because it is kinda disposable. The F450 is normally the daily driver for BOTH of us as we are together 24/7 except on gym days, we have separate appointments. She's had the Foose, which has an even more limited number of cars (about 350 vehicles total), for 8 months and only put about 2000 miles on it.

For people to expect this car to appreciate, I don't see it . . . at least not for another 30 years.

Cars need to be enjoyed, not abused, we don't abuse ours. When I bought my Testarossa back in 1991 I bought it two years old with less than 2k miles and it had visited the dealer numerous times. At the bottom of the work order it stated back to the old owner "drive the vehicle!" After I bought it I started using it, it stopped burning oil, ran awesome and I put 6000 miles on it that year. Cars like to be exercised, not just started, but taken out for medium-long drives.

Her daily is 3 x a week to the gym (she parks in Egypt, BFE), and it will only be while I'm workin on her Foose, she takes better care of her cars than any guy I know. If it isn't going to get up to full operating temp, we take the F450 because it is kinda disposable. The F450 is normally the daily driver for BOTH of us as we are together 24/7 except on gym days, we have separate appointments. She's had the Foose, which has an even more limited number of cars (about 350 vehicles total), for 8 months and only put about 2000 miles on it.

For people to expect this car to appreciate, I don't see it . . . at least not for another 30 years.

Cars need to be enjoyed, not abused, we don't abuse ours. When I bought my Testarossa back in 1991 I bought it two years old with less than 2k miles and it had visited the dealer numerous times. At the bottom of the work order it stated back to the old owner "drive the vehicle!" After I bought it I started using it, it stopped burning oil, ran awesome and I put 6000 miles on it that year. Cars like to be exercised, not just started, but taken out for medium-long drives.

Got ya. I didnt know if you were a d rive it guy or a park it guy. I love drivin my 500. Its my daily in the nice weather like spring and summer and fall. If i had a KR id drive it but probably alot less. More like a weekend cruiser or just feel like goin out tonight and showin off. I like the foose. Its sharp. I dig how everything matches too. Have fun with it.

Thanks, I am a "if it's not raining or forecast to rain, and I will be getting it up to FULL operating temperature" I drive, otherwise I let them sleep. We don't use toys for getting the groceries ;) I gotta get a bubble like Grabber, that seems like a WISE investment!

Archived