TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50 state certified emissions

HELP!!!!

Does anyone know if all of the 2007 SGT's are 50 state certified for emissions? I was at California DMV today to register my new 2007 that I bought in Colorado. The factory hood was replaced with a GT-H/CS6 hood and the emissions sticker is not there. I knew I was in trouble when the DMV lady goes "Ooooh" upon looking under the hood. She tells me they need to see that sticker.

So off to my local dealer I go. I asked them if there was a way to look up in there database by VIN or whatever to see if it is 50 state or not. Guess what... they can't tell. So much for computer databases for important info. My service rep did call FRP and long story short they told her they were, but word of mouth is not acceptable by DMV. The service rep did say I could order a replacement sticker but still couldn't confirm if it is 50 state or not. The parts guy said that it takes about a month or longer to receive the replacement.

Another service rep reccommened I go see a DMV "referee" for this matter. Apparently he'll inspect the car for all necessary equipment and make a determination. I would just like to have some sort of information before hand, just in case things don't go my way. I have an appointment next week, but like I said. I want to have all the ammo I can get regarding this matter before hand.

I appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

HELP!!!!

Does anyone know if all of the 2007 SGT's are 50 state certified for emissions? I was at California DMV today to register my new 2007 that I bought in Colorado. The factory hood was replaced with a GT-H/CS6 hood and the emissions sticker is not there. I knew I was in trouble when the DMV lady goes "Ooooh" upon looking under the hood. She tells me they need to see that sticker.

So off to my local dealer I go. I asked them if there was a way to look up in there database by VIN or whatever to see if it is 50 state or not. Guess what... they can't tell. So much for computer databases for important info. My service rep did call FRP and long story short they told her they were, but word of mouth is not acceptable by DMV. The service rep did say I could order a replacement sticker but still couldn't confirm if it is 50 state or not. The parts guy said that it takes about a month or longer to receive the replacement.

Another service rep reccommened I go see a DMV "referee" for this matter. Apparently he'll inspect the car for all necessary equipment and make a determination. I would just like to have some sort of information before hand, just in case things don't go my way. I have an appointment next week, but like I said. I want to have all the ammo I can get regarding this matter before hand.

My original Ford window sticker list "California Emissions System" as a no charge item in the optional equipment column....might check there. If you don't have the original sticker, someone had a post on here where you can print one specific to your car off the web. Just a thought...

Good Luck

The 2007 and the 2008 SGTs are all 50 state legal. I talked with Bud at SAI about this a long time ago and it makes sense. They are a small builder and could only afford to build one version so they went with the lowest common denominator, i.e., California as its emissions requirements were the most strict. If you want to verify directly with Bud, e-mail him at budm@shelbyautos.com. Good luck.

Jim

HELP!!!!

The Mustang and the SGT is 50 state legal. Where is your old hood? The installer is supposed to move the sticker. It can be done! Your only other choice is to get the sticker which is all you need. Did you explain to the DMV lady and ask for what your options where? If she said she needs a sticker sounds like you're just going to have to wait to get it.

The Mustang and the SGT is 50 state legal. Where is your old hood? The installer is supposed to move the sticker. It can be done! Your only other choice is to get the sticker which is all you need. Did you explain to the DMV lady and ask for what your options where? If she said she needs a sticker sounds like you're just going to have to wait to get it.

California emissions and registration is a drag, I lived there in the mid 80's and we used to register hot rods with a "sympathetic" gas station owner who was into old chevs...our cars were not compliant.

Forget moving the sticker if you do not have an old hood, take a digital picture and then print it out, 3m spray adhesive it and viola you have a sticker.

1 month to wait from Ford is absolutley insane, must be made in China sticker, lame. Good luck...

My old hood would be at SAI as they did the swap during the transformation process, so the selling dealer told me. The hood was installed as an option during the intial build.

Archived