TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got My CS Signed Airbag Cover Installed

Sorry to change the topic but I ran into a problem.

The panel below the air bag and on top of the glove compartment was scared from my installation. :glare: :nonono:

Is it possibly to replace that piece? If so can anyone point me in the direction to the part #

thankyou!

Sorry to change the topic but I ran into a problem.

The panel below the air bag and on top of the glove compartment was scared from my installation. :glare: :nonono:

Is it possibly to replace that piece? If so can anyone point me in the direction to the part #

thank you!

No, that piece is an integral portion of the dash, it is not removable. Not without replacing the whole dash.

Chris

If anyone has a charcoal one for sale I will buy it--please PM me. I want to get a cycle going like Grabber started where we can have one at SAI for the big guy's signature and still be able to drive the car. Once I get the signed one back I would pass on my original to the next person who was in need.

Help a brother out :happy feet:

Any reason nothing is on the lower half of the cover? I'm considering having my CSM# placed on the lower half?

That's fine, just put blue tape were you want Mr. Shelby to sign and put blue tape were you want the CSM# on the airbag cover

It looks great no matter how you do it! and it is tax deductible :happy feet:

If anyone has a charcoal one for sale I will buy it--please PM me. I want to get a cycle going like Grabber started where we can have one at SAI for the big guy's signature and still be able to drive the car. Once I get the signed one back I would pass on my original to the next person who was in need.

Help a brother out :happy feet:

For those who don't want to get an extra cover, the car can still be driven w/out one. The airbag can be reinstalled w/out the cover until the cover is returned. The airbag module itself is very easy to remove and reinstall; its the cover that's kind of a pain to dis-attach from the airbag module.

• 4 months later...
The removal and installation is easy peasy.

I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Mine went in with out a flaw, and the old one came out flawless as well. These 2 PDF files will also help you with the installation of this mod.

Airbag_panel_removal.pdf

Airbag_Trim_Cover_removal.pdf

Followed these instructions and did the whole job in under 1 hour!! very easy.

Question, after re-connecting the battery, I now have a TPMS sensor fault. any ideas why? The tires are properly inflated. I think I might have to get the system re-booted, or is there a fuse.

Followed these instructions and did the whole job in under 1 hour!! very easy.

Question, after re-connecting the battery, I now have a TPMS sensor fault. any ideas why? The tires are properly inflated. I think I might have to get the system re-booted, or is there a fuse.

My Tire Sensors reset them selfs after a couple of miles. Rick

Archived