TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got My CS Signed Airbag Cover Installed

That is easy..I may wait and go that route next week.

Charley it will be well worth it, it sure was to me. I did not f-up my car, didnt get pissed off, and the service manager promised if they f-d it up they would replace it.

Chris

The removal and installation is easy peasy.

I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Mine went in with out a flaw, and the old one came out flawless as well. These 2 PDF files will also help you with the installation of this mod.

Airbag_panel_removal.pdf

Airbag_Trim_Cover_removal.pdf

Airbag_panel_removal.pdf

Thanx all, that was my most important mod on my list since I bought her. I have no clue why it took me a year and a half to do it. Guess I was waiting to get it signed in person, but oh well. Its done now, and I love it.

Chris

Looks great my friend!!!

I guess Im going to go ahead and get my done.

MM

MM, I think you should. I know this guy in Perry Georgia, that would probably hook you up with one. :finger: They call him the GodFather.

Chris

The removal and installation is easy peasy.

I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Mine went in with out a flaw, and the old one came out flawless as well. These 2 PDF files will also help you with the installation of this mod.

Airbag_panel_removal.pdf

I just ordered another air bag cover from my dealer. That way my wife won't be given me a hard time about being safe for her in the passenger seat while the cover is gone for possibly several weeks.

One question:

Is there a top and bottom to this cover or is it symmetrical? In other words do you have to mark the top edge of the cover to make sure the signature is right side up? If so, is it clear from looking at "just" the cover?

I just ordered another air bag cover from my dealer. That way my wife won't be given me a hard time about being safe for her in the passenger seat while the cover is gone for possibly several weeks.

One question:

Is there a top and bottom to this cover or is it symmetrical? In other words do you have to mark the top edge of the cover to make sure the signature is right side up? If so, is it clear from looking at "just" the cover?

Nah, he knows where to sign it. Some others have used blue paiters tape (Grabbers idea) to mask off the bottom, I just sent mine as it came to me. It was perfect.

One question:

You can tell the top from the bottom because the word "airbag" is printed in the lower right corner. I took blue painters tape and ran it across the center (left to right) and drew arrows pointing upward.

Nah, he knows where to sign it. Some others have used blue paiters tape (Grabbers idea) to mask off the bottom, I just sent mine as it came to me. It was perfect.

ORF sent in his center consul piece and it was signed upside down.

He mounted it in his car anyways as a conversation piece. :blink:

If you want to make sure a mistake is not made you can do this. I sold this to a friend and sent it in for him. He may want to sell his other cover:

th_KevinsAirbagshipment001.jpg

Archived