TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front End Cover for the Super Snake

Was ordering some brakes for a friend when I saw that SPP has a KR Front end cover. I asked on Monday if they had one for the SS. I was told yes but they came in without hood pin holes. I called back today to order the brakes and the NEW front end covers were in stock. I ordered mine and though yall might want to order one before they run out.

Heres a link to the KR front end cover.

http://shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem...nd%20Masks.aspx

The part number is BRA-SS-5

Ask for Enrique. I told him they might sell out after I put it on the website.

MM

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just placed a order for my car. I was going to have the ultra shield installed, and not sure if I'll be liking the tape edge. So I need a cover for those high speed track events, :shift: as Ebony shows every little ding.

Was ordering some brakes for a friend when I saw that SPP has a KR Front end cover. I asked on Monday if they had one for the SS. I was told yes but they came in without hood pin holes. I called back today to order the brakes and the NEW front end covers were in stock. I ordered mine and though yall might want to order one before they run out.

MM

Thanks Michael. Just ordered mine from Enrique. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Have a great weekend.

Dan

So has anyone also found a mirror bra that fits the GT500? Colgan makes a set, but I was told by the sales rep at AutoAnything.com that they only fit the Shelby GT??? Look pretty interesting on-line though since they come in a carbon fiber texture finish.

So has anyone also found a mirror bra that fits the GT500? Colgan makes a set, but I was told by the sales rep at AutoAnything.com that they only fit the Shelby GT??? Look pretty interesting on-line though since they come in a carbon fiber texture finish.

Dont they have the same mirrors?

Yall are welcome. I have been looking for a bra for the SS but NO made it. Everyone wanted to SPECIAL order it for ALOT of money

MM

Dont they have the same mirrors?

Yall are welcome. I have been looking for a bra for the SS but NO made it. Everyone wanted to SPECIAL order it for ALOT of money

MM

Now our babies will have matching bras :happy feet:

Ummmm. that don't sound right. Sorry Brandi and Marji.

Hey guys!

This is Enrique - thank you so much for your support! I've been busy with these all day! My manufacturer has stated that we can also have these shipped directly from him, however they take some time for him to do them up and ship per order.

Feel free to call in with any questions, comments, or concerns as I am not on here too often, as you can see by my post count, so PMs may go unanswered.

Hey guys!

This is Enrique - thank you so much for your support! I've been busy with these all day! My manufacturer has stated that we can also have these shipped directly from him, however they take some time for him to do them up and ship per order.

Feel free to call in with any questions, comments, or concerns as I am not on here too often, as you can see by my post count, so PMs may go unanswered.

Thanks for the help today Enrique!

Any time neat stuff comes out for the SS you should let us know

MM

I really hate the way the Ultra Shield product looks. On a white car like mine it will surely look yellow after a while. This is a great alternative .Thanks MM for letting us know about it. I just ordered one . They have to special order the ones with hood pin holes so it will take about 3 weeks. Perfect -just when the weather will be getting nice in NY

I really hate the way the Ultra Shield product looks. On a white car like mine it will surely look yellow after a while. This is a great alternative .Thanks MM for letting us know about it. I just ordered one . They have to special order the ones with hood pin holes so it will take about 3 weeks. Perfect -just when the weather will be getting nice in NY

The ones we ordered are supposed to have hood pin holes. This is what the hold up early in the week.

I hope they have the holes. I dont want to have to send it back to the maker and have it fixed.

MM

When I spoke to the phone sales rep from the web site MM posted he said they had some masks in stock,however if I wanted hood pin holes it would have to be special ordered, He stated that all masks with hood pin holes were special ordered. Hopefully this helps

I asked him the SAME question. Early in the week they didnt have hood pins holes, but he said the NEW ones that came in have them. I cant use one without holes. Mine should be here Tuesday or Wed. Ill let you know.

MM

Good idea, I already have to replace one because of a big stone hitting the mirror..

I looked at a bra for the SS at the Bash.

They told me (the Manufacturer that is) that the Bra only comes up to the pins and stops there as it has to be below the intake on the front of the hood.

So there is no pin cutout on the Bra.

If you look at the link for the KR bra it show the hood cover coming up OVER the intake. I think mine is going to be here on the 20th. I guess we will find out then.

MM

MM

I just spoke to Enrique and he said that he doesn't have any with the pin cutouts.

They are special order and dropshipped. I ordered one...

I just spoke to Enrique and he said that he doesn't have any with the pin cutouts.

They are special order and dropshipped. I ordered one...

Well thats NOT what he told me on Friday. Ill be sending mine back to SPP for the cutouts or to the maker and let him fix them.

I dont want it with out the hood pins, heck I CANT use it with out the cutouts.

MM

OK. Im not confussed anymore. I called Enrique and we talked about the front end cover.

CobraFun you are correct he had to order you one because he sold out of them. From your post I was thinking that to get the hood pin holes you have to special order the cover.

Enrique set me straight. The 7 WE ordered last week HAVE the holes. If you order today SPP has to special order them and because all they have in stock are KR bras and they DONT have holes.

OK now lets hope everything comes in correctly. My tracking numbers say the 20th. Anyone earlier? Mine has to cross the whole country. I would think some of you left coasters might get the bra tomorrow!!!

MM

OK. Im not confussed anymore. I called Enrique and we talked about the front end cover.

CobraFun you are correct he had to order you one because he sold out of them. From your post I was thinking that to get the hood pin holes you have to special order the cover.

Enrique set me straight. The 7 WE ordered last week HAVE the holes. If you order today SPP has to special order them and because all they have in stock are KR bras and they DONT have holes.

OK now lets hope everything comes in correctly. My tracking numbers say the 20th. Anyone earlier? Mine has to cross the whole country. I would think some of you left coasters might get the bra tomorrow!!!

MM

My UPS tracking number says it should arrive on the 19th. I'll post an update when I receive it if noone beats me to the punch.

The one I ordered last week arrived today. NO HOLES :banghead: P/N is correct, I'll give Enrique a call tomorrow to see what's up.

I talked to Enrique today about them. He said they WOULD have the holes. I guess the guy earlier last week was right.

Enrique said IF they didnt have holes he would get the new HOOD part sent to us. That being the only part that is different.

Please let us know what he tells you tomorrow

MM

I talked to Enrique today about them. He said they WOULD have the holes. I guess the guy earlier last week was right.

Enrique said IF they didnt have holes he would get the new HOOD part sent to us. That being the only part that is different.

MM

Will do. :happy feet:

When the manufacturer showed me the cover he made the point that the thickness of the cover would prevent the hood pins from going in and locking.

Hence the bra stops right below the pins and goes straight in front of the hood vents on the front edge.

Due to the thickness os the fabric he said they could not get it under the hood without risk of damage.

This is still what I was told and it still makes since.

He took me to the KR at the show which had the bra to demonstate how the KR goes over the flat twist locks, but still below the intake.

The only vulnerable area will be the leading edge of the air intake area.

MM

Talked with Enrique today. He told me the same as you, if it doesn't have holes, he will send out the correct top piece that does.

Archived